Home

Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers

Redwing

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drago: We have crossed paths, twice. The first time he managed to unleash a demon god apon my world. The second time he tried to use his charge to conquer my planet, with an army of vampires and hellions, no less. He also visited my world once before we met, looking for, now what was it? Ah, yes, well the name is not important, he was looking for imortality. He apparently found it some time later. He unleashed demon spawn on that trip as well, or so I heard.

He is nothing but trouble, I would suggest slitting his throat, if it wasn't pointless.

((Aidan and K'Warra are both similar. They have a humanoid face with heavy, 'stubbed' brows. K'Warra also has a pronged chin. Rwos on the other hand has a beaked face and thus doesn't look very human. [Reason: he's from a 'purer' gargoyle strain that hasn't interbred with humans, although he was raised by humans.] All three body types are pretty much the same, except Rwos is brown, Aidan is blue and K'Warra is pale blue-green.

So Aidan and K'Warra look like the same species, but Orthos might not make the connection to Rwos :)

Will post later, Christmas calls :D))

*K'Warra stares at Drago with a thoughtful look on his face*

K'Warra: Hm...so you go all the way back to the beginning. Another immortal. How interesting. Now if I can just remember where you came in, I could figure out what your problem is. Names would be helpful. Oh, and I never found immortality, immortality found me.

Aidan: *answering Heimdall* No one deserves to be locked up in a cage. That's a horrid idea. Besides, how dangerous can they possibly be?

Marin: *in a low voice* It doesn't seem right to leave them locked up like this...although this K'Warra makes me nervous...he could be dangerous...*in an even lower voice* And leaving him in that cage could be dangerous as well. If he's as powerful a mage as they say and he gets out without our help...

Heimdall: There are some in this universe that deserve worse then these cages Aidan, and don't grow over confident.

*Gerd gets out of the Asgardried, shortly after her comes Vidar. He is without his armor, and bandages cover most of his upper torso and his arms. Still he walks under his own power if slighly slower then normal. Valda follows closely behind Vidar, having uttered a spell that was giving him additional strength. Bringing up the rear was Viddall and Ragnar.

When Vidar came close enough so not to shout he spoke.*

Vidar: Release them, and allow them to go home.

*Heimdall turned and looked at his brother briefly, nodded and then turned back.*

Heimdall: Guy, you have our answer let the captives go. *looking each cage for a moment* They can return to their homes or try and find peace here before the universe ends.

*The other Aesir had gathered in a lose circle around Vidar. Idun talked to Valda in a low voice so no one else could hear*

Idun: He shouldn't be up yet...

Valda: He insisted so I'm giving supporting him. No more then an hour at the most.

*K'Warra smiles. Chere exhales with relief and relaxes*

K'Warra: Why thank you, whoever you may be. I am in your debt.

*Chere tenses up again and looks balefully at K'Warra out of the corner of her eye*

Guy: Very well.

*He walks towards the cages, producing a strange-looking device and, using at a key, unlocks each of the cages in turn. A faint shimmer dissipates around a section of the cage doors, which retract. The captives climb out*

Chere: Er,...how are we going to get home? Where are we, anyway?

K'Warra: *stretching out his various limbs* So. The universe is ending? I take it you weren't just talking about standard entropy there.

Heimdall: In One and twenty years the universe will be destroyed in its entirety. You are currently on one of the beaches of the planet Kartin. Given it's size and population I estimate five years before this world is taken and all life removed from it.

*Vidar turns and begins to walk back to the ship. The red blood stains on his bandages slowly increase*

Chere: *dumbfounded* What? You're joking, right?

Aidan: Sorry. Sure seems it's the truth by this point.

K'Warra: Well, I suppose that explains the 'powers that be' limiting dimension travel heading this way. I've been wondering about that for quite some time.

Cody: Another...another planet? Not Earth?

K'Warra: Nope. Not Earth. You've been asleep a long time.

*K'Warra grins*

K'Warra: We'd starve to death in a cage too, wouldn't we? Anyway, unless your army of 180 billion can jump dimensions, I don't think my home planet has a problem. That problem, at least.

Chere: Um...by the way...you all are going to tell us how we can get home, right?

*Drago leans towards Heimdall and wispers.*

Drago: I fear your brother has made an unwise decision. I have no objection to the others, as yet, but I think it would be best to rid ourselves of the gargoyle as quickly as possible.

*He turns to K'warra.*

Drago: You knew me as Drago the Barbarian. Does that help at all?

Guy: I'm willing to transport the three of you back to the Aether. I can't promise I can take you all the way back to your homes, although I will if time allows.

K'Warra: Drago the Barbarian, eh...So Conan with scales? Now, what did I do to someone named Drago the Barbarian that would make him describe me as 'totally lacking in conscience or honor'? I don't actually recall ever commanding an army of vampires and hellions, unless perhaps you're using a bit of hyperbole.

Chere: *under her breath* Ya right.

Cody: *to Chere, in a low voice* K'Warra commanding an army? That's hard to imagine...

Chere: *low voice in reply* Well, he looks the part, doesn't he? Wings, tail, claws...kind of-horns... He just needs more...clothes...

K'Warra: *at Heimdall's statement* Now why would we want you to take us along with you?

Drago: *To Heimdall* I admit I do not have the information Lord Vidar has but every time I run into him *gestures to K'warra.* I find my self running into trouble.

*To K'warra.* You arrived on my world with a charge, Elizabeth. You went to a Vampire Sorcerer asking him to create for her a child. As a result you set off a chain of events that plunged my planet into first war and then tirany. So you can understand why I'm not your biggest fan.

Elaina's eyebrows raised at Matt's comment. "Oh, has Tanara been speaking much of me?"

Before she recieved an answer, she noticed a small crowd on the beach surrounding the cages.

"What's going on over there?" she wondered aloud. Tanara looked that way and frowned.

"Elaina," she said, "stay with Matt. I'm going to have a look."

She left the two standing together and walked toward the cages. Meanwhile, Elaina looked at Matt and shrugged.

"I suppose 'younger sister' means I can't see things she can," she grinned. "Come on. Let's see what's going on over there."

Archived