Home

Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers (Discussion Thread)

Redwing

BD: You didn't answer my first question although I think I understand what you meant. Also I really do need an answer about when you are going to have Hal and Allessa talk to Heimdall. *If its going to be a while I'm going to have my characters do some other stuff*

And the world building thread will continue, remember Red has very limited computer time so things are going a little slow. And I way post some questions.

----------------------------------------------------

There are some misconceptions about the Aesirian armor.

You have essentially only seen Cermonial, Formal armor. Also the colors are dark colors. (Dark Red, Dark Green, and Dark Blue). It is also not that shiny.

You may remember a while ago the Aesir at night put a "paint" on their weapons (and armor) to remove any chance it may glint. In the last thread when Allessa was picked up by Ragnar who also picked up a group of Beserks. The Beserks were wearing white armor which blended in with the snow.

If you really would like to know more about their armor I'll post more. (But remember I need an answer to that second question)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I am still pressed for time to post. My limited amount of computer time keeps being eaten up by reading everything before I get a chance to post :)

However I'll post to the worldbuilding thread and give myself (and Deac, who has no excuse but laziness :D) a 'question debt' since I've held it up for so long. Sorry about that ^^;;

BD: Ok, I'll post more about Aesirian armor maybe tomorrow if I have time.

I'm surprised by the way Allessa and Hal are trying to convince Heimdall to let her stay. I expected them to be a little more diplomatic especially given their status in their culture.

At this point there is only one reason to take her along since she is good in a fight and Heimdall knows that having more decent fighters will help (although Allessa says they have enough). She is going to need a few more reasons for him to take her along.

Perhaps the easiest thing for Allessa to say to Heimdall would be: Take me, and I'll prove to you that I'm a great addition to the quest.

Ranks Within the System (Cont.)

Gentry

For lack of a better word, like nobles these men fight mounted but they are more lightly equipped than Nobles. They are divided into two equilly ranked groups, rural land owners and city dwelling merchants.

6. Landsmen

Lower ranking nobles are not permitted houseguards, these men are the next best thing. Landsmen are the landed rural gentry, they own large farms and trade in the surplus produce of their estates. They are among the most motivated warriors as they have much to lose. Landsmen are local village leaders, theyare no politicians.

In war Landsmen fight as a lighter cavalry than the nobles, more fleet of foot and less heavily armed. They wear fine male shirts and leather breastplates with metal reinforcements, their greves and gauntlets are constructed in the same manner. Their helmets lack the complex interlocking back, front and cheek plates and instead the lower face and the back of the neck are protected by a chain-male wrap around extention which touches the shoulders while the eyes and nose are protected by metal "gogles"

These warriors carry the same lance and shield as the nobles but often lack the longsword, though they do carry a shorter weapon. The horse is unbarded but it is often provided with molded leather protection for it's lower fore-legs and face.

Landsmen are dressed in the same drab colours as nobles and often bring some of their own working men with then to the battlefield, forming a squad of around ten.

6. Merchantmen

Socially these men are the same rank as Landsmen though they live in the cities and thus have more cash and less land. They are traders who work selling the goods of others.

In war Merchantmen send their labours to fight while they remain at home. They are the lightest cavaly available to an Agamarian general. They are paid men and thus are a little less motivated than Landsmen of nobles. They fight as light harrassing archers.

They wear male shirts, their greves and gauntlets are constructed of leather molded and hardended. Their helmet lack the complex interlocking back, front and cheek plates of nobles and instead just has "gogles" to protect the eyes from glancing blows.

These men carry compound bows, smaller shields and swords with roughly a 28 inch blade.

Merchantmen are dressed in the same drab colours as nobles.

okay, i read the first, i donno, 4-5 pages... (40 posts per page jsut to remind...)

well more or less skimmed through... ^_^

anywho, i'll be able to post AGAIN (dum dum DUM!!!!)

and well, i'll start here, and i'll pick it up normal cantina after the fight between crackles and psyicho-boy ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone: I'm not haunting AIM as much because my new job is eating up alot of my time, but I'm no longer severely restricted as to posting time as I've been for the past month. If you need to talk to me, but I'm not on AIM, you can always PM me. :D

Seven pages into the RPG and nothing has happened. Sorry, people o_o

Admiral: If you read this (and are well enough to post XD) time-skip forward ASAP. Unless anyone has any objections.

BD: Why DID Drago say anything about the Shadows, anyway? I thought that was kind of odd...

Oh, okay.

Well the group is leaving in the morning/by next night, I assume. (Considering what's about to happen.)

Okay, now I have a question for EVERYONE.

Who wants to be kidnapped? :D

The alien mercenaries are about to return very briefly, just long enough to kidnap one or two or three (or more if they get REALLY lucky) of the group and flee. The attack should take under thirty seconds.

Prime targets are everyone who fared badly in the previous fight with the mercs. This means for example, Raschel and Matt would be immediate targets while Idun and Gerd wouldn't be. I figure, though, that you might want some say in what happens to your character.

If you want or don't want your character kidnapped, post. If you don't post I'll assume you don't want this; but I'd rather you let me know anyway ;)

Note this won't entail removing your character from the RPG. The storyline will just be split showing what's happening to the kidnapped characters, and what's happening to the main group (who will probably be following the kidnappers to try to rescue the kidnapped people. Although of course that can't be guaranteed ;))

The attack will probably happen at dawn, although it could occur any time before and after that. (If anyone has any problems with the timing let me know that as well.)

Note also this scene will precipitate the group jumping dimensions.

edit: WTF is up with all my typos lately?

Unless Drago has more speshul powers than you're given him credit for in the RPG, he'd stand little chance, you realize, right? Whether he totally RAWKS or not, he's got no Force, no magic, and no experience with (the right sort of) magic...:)

However he won't even be targeted, he'll be totally ignored. I should've pointed that out.

Allessa will be ignored as well. If superthrawn comes back, so will Ritchet. Same with Elaina. (Wonder if you can figure out my logic here?) I think that's everyone...(not considering Admiral's chars, already talked to him about this a long time ago).

Actually, Red, Drago does have some magic but its all fairly minor, a couple of illusions, some fog, throughing people against walls, that sort of thing. He has a couple of defensive spells as well and a lot more to do with forging weapons and making metals.

I'm actually a little fuzzy on the status of magic in this timeline, is it still all "locked up"?

No, actually. In the very first test (beginning of PtH 2) the group killed a creature called Caloslocke by destroying a crystal powering it. Breaking the crystal ("Orthaeur") did something to affect the binding of magic in this dimension.

I never specified what clearly, since I never talked it out with Deac :D but alot of old magic powers/forces were awakened. The process is presumably still taking place, and more and more old magic should be unbound as the galaxy progresses towards its end.

Incidentally, I'd appreciate Deac's input on this. Hint hint Deac? :)

(BTW, this only applies to Mrearan magic, which is somewhat different from Aether magic, which is the type my characters generally use.)

Here I am.

As the barriers between the worlds begin to break as Ragnarok approaches, magic will indeed be released. People with magical traits will start showing its effects, if only mildly.

And as for the Kidnapping...Gortick.

Archived