Home

Ea/nfl Deal = Load Of Bull ****

ckcsaber

Originally posted by IG-64

And remember, although it's still a rip, other football games can still be made, just not NFL ones.

yeah, but that sorta defeats the point, because the NFL is the biggest and best, isnt it...[/dont really know much about Gridiron] Its not like soccer where there are many many great leagues and competitions around the world :)

mtfbwya

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

yeah, but that sorta defeats the point, because the NFL is the biggest and best, isnt it...[/dont really know much about Gridiron] Its not like soccer where there are many many great leagues and competitions around the world :)

mtfbwya

Well, theres the NFL, then theres college football, which i'm not too fond of.

Maybe games like NFL Blitz can change and just be American Football Blitz or something...

Football used to come in factions like the AFC and the NFC untill they all merged into the NFL.

Damn, I completely forgot I made this thread, but I feel exactly the way ET feels, and more.

ESPN NFL was Madden's only competition. Nothing else came close.

If Madden 2004 did not have a well put out halftime stat presentation (for example) and ESPN NFL 2k4 DID, then you'd probably see a version of that halftime stat presentation in Madden 2005. (and vice versa)

Competition is GOOD. That is how businesses thrive. You get innovations and a reason to make your game better.

Now Madden will be the ONLY NFL game on the market, and can raise their already heinous 50 buck price tag even higher.

What I'm most pissed about, though, is the fact that I believe 2k5 is a better game than the all-mighty Madden. ESPN put out a great product and had a bright future for the franchise.

But now it’s all gone…

**** you EA.

From Bill Harris

Oh, and read this .

CNN reports that the NFL/EA deal cost EA over 300 million dollars.

300 million. EA is spending more on an eff'ing liscence per year than Madden makes in profit. A LOT more.

How much better could they have made THE GAME by spending an additional sixty million a year in development? Instead, they use it for a kill shot on the competition.

Do you wonder how EA will pay for this? Here's some easy math: 5,000,000*$10=$50,000,000. That's a ten-dollar price increase, multiplied by five million in unit sales, and they've almost paid for the license right there. So expect a $59.95 Madden game. At least.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

and Sithy, enough already with the "I prefer real sports", I didnt take you for the Capt Touchdown type, more the fat crazy guy on ecstacy in the mascot outfit :p Seriously, get a wife, kids, a mortgage, and heaps of overtime, EA sports will be your only sports my man ! :p

ecstacy is for hookers and party whores.

I will not have a child, I'll get myself fixed and play bedwrestling with the misses.

anyway, have fun paying a ****load of money for a game.

Originally posted by IG-64

And remember, although it's still a rip, other football games can still be made, just not NFL ones.

Not only the NFL name, but the players who have a signed contract with the NFL. So no Michael Vick or Ray Lewis outside of EA.

Originally posted by BongoBob

Wasn't there a madden game on playstation I think that had fictional teams only? I remember reading that in a Game Informer quiz section a while back...

Never heard of it. Every madden game has teams from NFL Europe in them, like the Galaxie, but no game was ever based off of them to my knowlage.

Arena Football would be a nice area to tackle for ESPN. It's recently gained some nice popularity, and it's highcontact, high scoring.

Archived