DK_Viceroy

What Role Should Jedi Play?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Role Should Jedi Play?

• Combat
    • Support
    • Commando
    • All Rounder's
    • I Don't care what role they should have I just want them super unblanaced and god like

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windu your neglecting the fact that quite a lot of the Jedi in the arena actually DIED.

we didn't see the jedi going forward deflecting bolts so the clone troopers could fire unhindred we saw the Jedi giving the orders, the same is true with EU, once again you are following your own fantasy not Star Wars.

Viceroy - no, i'm not. If you had paid attention, which for you seems impossible, you would have noticed that i have already said that Jedi should do really well against a few droids, but be vulnerable to massed fire - which is exactly what happened at Geonosis.

As for the Jedi and Clones, we did NOT see them giving orders, but we did see them deflecting shots from droids - pay attention to the films a bit more boy.

So I suppose you've actually seen the films considering what you come up with I doubt it.

I on the other hand watch them at least once a week.

Master Yoda says for the Clones -"concentrate your fire on the nearest starship" no hesitation to do so.

Master windu when the clone commander says "sir we have severval commando divisions at your orders," does master windu not say "this way"? I think those would class as the jedi leading the army.

Windu what would you define as a war? a handful of droids firing or millions of droids clashing with millions of clones? if the Jedi did what you propose is their role than the Jedi would have all died in the first year of the Clone Wars.

Get a Grip Windu.

Viceroy-

I on the other hand watch them at least once a week.

Do I really have to point out how sad that is?

Master windu when the clone commander says "sir we have severval commando divisions at your orders,"

Piece of advice, if you are going to use quotes, at least try to get them right. The Clone actually says "five special commando units", not several divisions LOL. Do you even have any idea how big a division is?

Windu what would you define as a war? a handful of droids firing or millions of droids clashing with millions of clones?

War is rather subjective, in that it cannot be defined by just numbers. I mean, if war is defined by a million beligerants, what do you call a conflict with 999,999 beligerants?

if the Jedi did what you propose is their role than the Jedi would have all died in the first year of the Clone Wars

I fail to see how. Since the Jedi would have been protecting the Clones, and the Clones would have been killing the Droids, how would the Jedi all be killed?

...huh?

Viceroy, had you been paying attention you would have seen that I said that JEDI SHOULD BE VERY POWERFUL BUT VULNERABLE TO MASSED FIRE. That is good for realism, because it is how the Jedi work in the films, and it's good for gameplay, because it means the Jedi aren't god units.

Therefore, I would appreciate it you would qualify your statement.

And you also said they were vulnerable to mass fire. Thus, the Clones, Imperials and Confederacy all have better counters to the Jedi then the Rebels since they can mass more units.

If you sent an equal force of Jedi against a full battallion of Droids, they would deal less damage but hit them a hell of a lot more often while the Rebels would hit them a lot less often for a bit more damage.

They can't mount a massive barrage like the other civs thus making them more vulnerable to the Jedi.

luke - what FroZ said is correct. Although the Rebels would field smaller ground armies, they would be better quality than the droids or stormies, and remember that the Rebel air force could easily pick off the Jedi because they could not attack airborne targets.

In terms of how they would play, the Rebel ground forces would be the shield, while their air force would be their sword.

Archived