Home

So... uh... still worth buying this game now? Answer: great game!

Doctor Shaft

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I agree with both TK-8252 and Prime on this one.

Gamers who play primarily single player mode (a.k.a. "me") will have a very enjoyable experience with JA. Yes, the plot isn't as good as JO and Rosh is the most annoying character in the Star Wars universe hands down, but the gameplay is spot on, with plenty of gun and saber-toting enemies to fight against, piloting vehicles is a blast and the environments are suprisingly rich for a game that runs off the now obsolete Q3 engine.

I was particularly impressed with the Vjun levels, the lighting was superb.

Also, gone are the days in JO of the exceedingly frustrating "jump puzzles," where the slightest error led to an untimely demise down a cliff or elevator shaft. The puzzles, though fewer in number, are more intuitive and make more sense in the game environment. The option of choosing your own Force powers is great, as it allows you to tailor your Force abilities to your fighting style. For example, defensive players benefit greatly from Force Absorb, Protection and Heal, while the more Rambo-esque will favor the destructive power of Force Lightning, Drain, and Dark Rage.

In short; buy the game for SP, but not MP.

Yeah. As someone whose main computer is not connected to the 'Net, I play mostly SP. Well, I did manage to "get into" the plot, though the voice acting could use some work (though Kyle and Tavion's voice actors did an excellent job.)

I've heard how great Jedi Knight was ... is anyone making/thinking of making a conversion of <i>Jedi Knight</i> to JA, just as what's being done with Dark Forces. THen, we could enjoy the (apparent) plot depth of JK with the improved game engine of JA. :)

God bless,

X-Wing Pilot 5

Originally posted by X-Wing Pilot 5

... is anyone making/thinking of making a conversion of <i>Jedi Knight</i> to JA, just as what's being done with Dark Forces.

I had a site bookmarked ages ago (ie. not any more) that was working on it, but alas I think it may have fallen by the wayside. As I've heard no more of it. The DF Mod is making (great) progress ( :D ), but what happened to the JK Mod... who knows?

A shame :( Although to be fair, those levels are HUGE, I sure wouldn't want to do it :p

I started playing JKA/SP again this week :)

B.

Originally posted by Rumor

Siege is a lot of fun on LAN with friends, but even then you feel the weight of how horribly unpolished it is.

Then you go play some UT2004 or UT assault :o.

I've played UT2k4, and while it is an amazing game, I still enjoy the Starwars atmosphere and uniqueness of JA's Siege. Go ahead, laugh. ; )

I played UT side by side with JK/MotS back in the day too, so I don't think I'm being fanboyish or just pretending to like it just 'cause it's Star Wars. But speeding around as a Jedi, biking around lopping off heads or hopping into an AT-ST to step on Wookiees is just such fun! And while there might be mods like UT2k4 Troopers:DOD, it's just not the same. The complete package is just very satisfying.

Anyway, as far as the Siege "unpolishedness" I agree with you there. There are definately several things in Siege that I wish the team had gotten to spend more time refining. As of right now, OJP makes a lot of needed fixes and extra options to make it much better than it is out of the box IMHO, and without sacrificing the core gameplay into some other "mod."

Originally posted by Kurgan

I've played UT2k4, and while it is an amazing game, I still enjoy the Starwars atmosphere and uniqueness of JA's Siege. Go ahead, laugh. ; )

I played UT side by side with JK/MotS back in the day too, so I don't think I'm being fanboyish or just pretending to like it just 'cause it's Star Wars. But speeding around as a Jedi, biking around lopping off heads or hopping into an AT-ST to step on Wookiees is just such fun! And while there might be mods like UT2k4 Troopers:DOD, it's just not the same. The complete package is just very satisfying.

Anyway, as far as the Siege "unpolishedness" I agree with you there. There are definately several things in Siege that I wish the team had gotten to spend more time refining. As of right now, OJP makes a lot of needed fixes and extra options to make it much better than it is out of the box IMHO, and without sacrificing the core gameplay into some other "mod."

one thing i hate is how ****ing slow you move in siege. you really can't strafe jump or anything.

hell in etf, more powerfull classes are slowed down a LOT, but damnit they kill really fast too. Siege? nope takes a ton of fire to kill things =(. Thats one of my major complaints about it. Were it as fast as ctf, it would be fine.

/edit:

as for OJP, if i get around to it, i'll check it out if i ever get my ja to work. May be enough to relax with when i'm not preparing with my team for CPL.

Well if you need to buy a copy of JA, they're really really cheap nowadays. I've seen them for like $15 (jewel case) in stores near the bargain section or discounted.

As to Siege, yes, there is a certain slowness to the movement. But I've gotten used to it.

Remember, I was a hardcore JK/MotS player, and I felt JK2 was a very very very slow game when I first began to play it online. Using Force Speed even felt slow. But, I learned to adapt, and I enjoy the game a lot now (well I should say I enjoy JA a lot now, since I haven't played JK2 seriously since about April 2003).

No game has come close to the sheer insane speed of those previous games, but that's okay, there's other stuff to like in these games.

As far as killing is concerned, killing in the JK games has always been "slow" to my mind. In JK1, sure, you had instant kill saber hits (1-2 hit kills) and the crazy mine-stacking techniques we used that would kill anyone, and toss their carcass across the map, but generally you had to chase people around for ages, whittling them down slowly while they healed and did other stuff. But since you were basically Superheroes, it wasn't that big a deal. There were ways to kill someone "instantly" but most of the weapons wouldn't do it instantly, like say, playing UT (the original, not 2k3 or 2k4) on "hardcore" which is what I also liked to do. There pretty much anything was a one hit kill if you aimed properly, and the maps were littered with "gibs" and bloodstains. It's a different kind of gameplay. But "classic" (was that what they called it?) which I rarely ever played felt slow too.

I never liked to play UT's "Turbo" mode, because it was simply too fast. The gameplay in UT felt best at hardcore. Medium speed, but weapons were deadly.

Now in JK2, you went back to the 'slow' method of FPS playing in general, though you had 1 hit kill sabers. However due to whining in the community about the length of duels, Raven patched it so that we had weak sabers. But, they balanced it out by putting in a cvar and recommending we double the saber damage when we needed it. So JK2 had some ways to get one hit kills and some not, with slower gameplay.

Then JA comes around and they introduce hitzones to the series, for weaker limb hits, normal body hits, and stronger head hits. They retain the cvar for stronger sabers. In theory this meant that they were giving us another way to get one hit kills, by rewarding people with better aim. Okay, sounds good, but the hit detection left something to be desired, requiring you to relearn how to play basically. Now I'm not saying I'm the King of the Hill or anything, but with all the ways I've been sniped over the year I've played this game, I think some people have gotten very good, and all despite the whines of the "nerfed" Tenloss Disruptor Rifle (since JK2).

Now, the whole difficulty in killing people in this game I attribute to the "super hero" nature of Jedi. You can block a lot of stuff. You can push a lot of stuff away. You can heal. You can speed or jump away. You can yank guns out of people's hands. It's just really almost frustrating trying to kill a player who knows what he's doing.

Then comes Siege. Suddenly you don't get the whole kit'n'kaboodle of toys to play with. Now each "class" is left with maybe one good weapon or couple of powers or item and that's it. By himself he pretty much sucks. So you're encouraged to work together. We got tons of whines on here about that when JA first came out. "OMG the Jedi suck!" or "OMG this guy is so slow!" or "you have no ammo whatsoever!" etc. But again, we adapted.

I often do feel slow and helpless going from playing a speed demon Dark Jedi with 100 armor and a concussion rifle + Merr Sonn + saberstaff to going to playing Chewbacca with only 10 rockets, no force, and a pistol to my name (with no chance of getting armor, ever). But I can still find ways to fit the scenario and even have fun with it.

But each to his own. ; )

The JK series are fantasy games. Sure, people like a bit of realism in their games, but some realistic aspects are just more frustrating than fun. Like for example in R6 all the stuff I gripe about. Some of the stuff isn't really realistic, it's just anti-thetical to the usual stuff we expect in FPS games. JA Siege doesn't go that far. It may be toned down from the basic gameplay of the series, and that makes for a huge contrast, but it's still not as bad as I've seen (again, in games like R6/Rogue Spear).

Anyway, I'll reiterate, if you do get this game and start playing it, I'd highly recommend this OJP Mod, which fixes so many things. And RazorAce is open to suggestions, but he's principled enough that he'll bear in mind what's best for keeping the game fun & interesting and not just what will make his mod "popular" or "kewl."

PS: UT's Assault was one of my favorite things to play outside of JK, ever. However, recall that there was no Class system. Likewise there were only four official maps, and it took awhile before quality Assault maps were made in the mod community for use. So while it was cool and all, it wasn't a fully developed concept (I'll admit it wasn't quite as unpolished feeling as Siege was out of box, but still). The UT dev team was still taking a big risk with that game mode back then, as those types of play were still relegated typically to mods that took years to develop, or dedicated "tactical shooter" games which had a totally different dynamic. FPS games were basically Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and CTF, and maybe an "arena" mode for one on one, that's it.

siege is for newbies. Because the weapons have such absurd splash damage, it's necessary to give the targets things like speed, strafe jumping, so that it's not so easy. Any newb on earth can get kills in jka if yout take away all the stuff that makes the game challenging. You try to say in this case less is more, but you are wrong. Siege is just a gamemode for people who suck too bad to play CTF or enemy territory

Originally posted by BigDJedi

THE MULDIPLAYER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D NOT ONLY DO U NOT HAVE 2 OWRRY ABOUT LAMMERZ BUT U CAN BE TRUE RPG JEDI WITH HONOR DUAL SERVERS WITH JA+ MOD ARE TEH BEST BECUZ U CAN BE A NEWB AND STILL OWN!!!!!!!

I've left JA in my cupboard for nearly a year since I saw such crap going around in the servers. JA just isn't fun anymore. When you just bought it, yea, there's the novelty, oh wow, siege, the katas, awesome.. But when you play it for a while, you realise what it is is simply an extension of JK2. Any good modder with a fair bit of time could do all this. Still, the big factor is all this "omgwtfbbq joo k1ll3d mai fwend omg omg omg im gunna b33 honorable and k1ll u bak 2! omg omg omg!!!111" See my point? The Single Player is good and fun, the multiplayer is definitely worth playing for a fair bit if you choose the right servers, like ChopShop, for the current going price. Its worth it now. Not then.

it also seems that jka has had his best times becouse it seems a lot less files are coming these days

and there are less ppl in the gam itself to

the new games like battlefront and upcoming games like republic commando will kill this comunety

even i after many MANY! years of playing the serie's have stops after jka becouse to many ppl like BigDJedi are ruening it for us

and also the not good gameplay and saber damage has made it hard for the game to survive

even if there whas a new patch for it

I think a new patch will jumpstart the community. Notice in the assets pk3 files there are ctf and siege files that are unused. Small graphics of characters with flags and stuff that aren't seen in-game. Probably leftovers of something Raven started, but just didn't have time to finish up. If Raven implemented these then the community would boost.

How come at JK3 files the JA patch gets over 400 DLs a week yet the community keeps decreasing? You would think that it would be huge.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

I think a new patch will jumpstart the community. Notice in the assets pk3 files there are ctf and siege files that are unused. Small graphics of characters with flags and stuff that aren't seen in-game. Probably leftovers of something Raven started, but just didn't have time to finish up. If Raven implemented these then the community would boost.

How come at JK3 files the JA patch gets over 400 DLs a week yet the community keeps decreasing? You would think that it would be huge.

Hmm, I don't see the number of players decreasing, but staying more or less the same as they've been for many months. Take a look at the flow of players over the course of a week. It goes up and down, but generally it's about the same as far as I can tell.

As to the unused stuff, I know about the unused classes (CL files) and of course the Siege Destroyer assets (which WERE eventually completed, in Asteroids Mod).

But what other stuff were you talking about? Pictures of people with flags? What files, what assets directory are they in? *curious*

As far as an unofficial patch, I think OJP may just be that one. Not that it will cause tons of people to start playing the game, but it makes a nice alternative to host with, if you want tweaks and fixes, but not something to mess up the gameplay or turn abusive.

Edit: Sorry, you said FILES, as opposed to players. Well, a lot of the major mods have either been finished or abandoned. In terms of quantity, I have no idea, but there are regular updates to the major file sites, like Massassi.net, pcgamemods.com, jk3files.com, etc. even ol' LucasFiles has plenty of files. But if it's a quantity/quality issue, I'd rather see people release mods that are more polished than just a huge number of mediocre ones, wouldn't you?

Originally posted by Nokill

it also seems that jka has had his best times becouse it seems a lot less files are coming these days

and there are less ppl in the gam itself to

the new games like battlefront and upcoming games like republic commando will kill this comunety

even i after many MANY! years of playing the serie's have stops after jka becouse to many ppl like BigDJedi are ruening it for us

and also the not good gameplay and saber damage has made it hard for the game to survive

even if there whas a new patch for it

I wouldn't worry too much about Battlefront. First off, Apples and Oranges. Second, it's a VERY consoley game, with poor administration support, buggy (loads of complaints, more than in the JK2 or JA communities), etc.

While it's popular, I don't see it threatening to take away all of the 1000 or so servers for JK2/JA and killing off the players.

BigDJedi, what's wrong with him? Never seen or heard of him....

I also doubt Republic Commando will make a serious dent, because again it's a different kind of game. Sure it's an FPS, but it has no sabers or force, and only confirmed game modes are Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and CTF. It sounds like it may also suffer from "consolitis" but that's not a given. Hopefully not, but you get the idea! It's trying to be a tactical squad based shooter, so it's a very different kind of game, and it won't be out until March.

Originally posted by 3ra1n1ac

siege is for newbies. Because the weapons have such absurd splash damage, it's necessary to give the targets things like speed, strafe jumping, so that it's not so easy. Any newb on earth can get kills in jka if yout take away all the stuff that makes the game challenging. You try to say in this case less is more, but you are wrong. Siege is just a gamemode for people who suck too bad to play CTF or enemy territory

Aw what the heck, I'll answer this one too....

Siege is for newbies huh?

Just the other day I got some guy whining about how he tried and failed to kill me with the disruptor rifle, saying "they nerfed this gun it's so weak!" and "If this were JK2 I'd have beat you easily!" I laughed him off. I mean, c'mon, other people have learned to be master snipers in this game, what's so hard about that? Seriously.

It's that people assume that JK2 and JA should be identical in gameplay, and since they're not, a skilled player in JK2 isn't automatically a skilled player in JA (or they're kidding themselves).

As far as splash damage is concerned, yes it exists. However, you get around that with things called shields, resupplying, and classes that have more health than your average. Also that doesn't mean you don't have to aim. Think about it, you have the new hit location system, plus you move slower (if you're not a Jedi with speed), so again, somebody has to die. Each class serves a purpose. Siege isn't about running around by yourself owning everyone. I mean if you're that good, and your opponents suck that bad, more power to ya. But it's not Deathmatch, where that is the GOAL of the game. The goal is working together to achieve your objectives. A good defensive team can hold off the enemy forever and frustrate the heck out of them. A good offensive team can blow past defense without the defenders ever knowing what happened. And when you get two good teams going against each other, it's a beautiful thing. ; )

And there are so many tricks and things to learn it's just fun to see what tactics people will use, and when. You really can't appreciate the game just giving it a few run throughs when all you know is FFA and even CTF. There's just no comparison in terms of dynamic.

Now I'm not saying that other game modes don't take skill, but the team dynamic just isn't the same. And you're given disadvantages that are best overcome with teamwork.

And maybe a decent modder (or rather a large team of decent modders) "with enough time" could do what JA has, but so far noone has. So I'll stick with my JA for now!

Edit: I take it back. Now that I think about it, many of the things done in JA would require the full source code and knowledge of the engine only Raven would possess. So without serious help, no team of fan modders could make JA in any reasonable timeframe.

The single player experience is a ton better over JO with improved architecture, lighting, models, and even vehicles.

I think the problems of MP have been stated, although CTF maps were bigger :) Siege was a good idea, but Raven made incomplete maps.

Save your $money$ for Republic Commando.

And maybe a decent modder (or rather a large team of decent modders) "with enough time" could do what JA has, but so far noone has. So I'll stick with my JA for now!

Thats what said back in 2003 when I first saw that Jedi Academy was a large Jedi Outcast "project."

Think about it, its based off Quake 3, while the weapon selection and force power thing is new, the level selection was in Quake 3, just presented differently. You had your tiers, but you could choose any level in that tier in any order, then it unlocked the next one, just like in JKA, I could go on... but.. why bother? Im happy with JA.

Dare I ask how it went?

It was on the meatgrinder, so it went fairly well.

The single player experience is a ton better over JO with improved architecture, lighting, models, and even vehicles.

Well, Raven said that they learned the system better, and knew what it was capable of. So in turn they were able to make better maps, and push the engine further. I still think with some work the engine is one of the best out there, besides D3 or HL2.

But what other stuff were you talking about? Pictures of people with flags? What files, what assets directory are they in? *curious*

I will make a new thread ;)

Originally posted by Prime

Which is funny since JO and JA have nothing but administration support.

Yeah, I figured somebody would harp on that eventually. ; )

We need to throw some of those amslap happy mod makers and slide them over to SWBF.... maybe take the heat off us for a change.

I'm sure that's the last thing those folks over there want... but still!

What I should have said was, basejka/basejk (JK2) had rcon out of the box, which is all that was really needed basically (though OJP's auto team balancing system is superior to the one that comes with either game), whereas SWBF basically had nothing. I don't think you could even kick people normally, you had to teamvotekick them, which wasn't very obvious.

JA/JK2 had decent admin support, then some misguided mod makers went and ruined it.

Originally posted by JDKnite188

I think the problems of MP have been stated, although CTF maps were bigger :) Siege was a good idea, but Raven made incomplete maps.

Save your $money$ for Republic Commando.

Were the CTF maps in JK2 really bigger? I seem to recall them being about the same in terms of space you could actually move around in.

As to the SIEGE maps being incomplete, not sure what you mean about that... (unless you're referring to Destroyer, which was finished, although some planned stuff was cut in the final analysis for the sake of flow & balance).

Agreed about the SP, though the storyline/characters were better done in JK2, though the actual gameplay & looks in JA was better overall.

Now, maybe I'm being hypocritical since I'll likely be getting RC for free (press, woohoo!), but bear in mind that the gameplay will be very different from JA & JK2. No Jedi, no Force, no sabers. Gameplay modes confirmed as being Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and CTF. So yeah, it's going to be an FPS with comparable graphics, but as an MP game, I'm not sure it'll be able to hold your interest as long as this game, unless the whole "superhero" thing turns you off and you prefer more "traditional" FPSing.

Now I'm just rambling... each to his own.

Originally posted by Kurgan

We need to throw some of those amslap happy mod makers and slide them over to SWBF.... maybe take the heat off us for a change.

I'm sure that's the last thing those folks over there want... but still!

Actually, as a joke a while back I cut and past the original saberist code post and replaced saber with guns and Jedi Outcast with Battlefront. A surprising number of people on the Battlefront board thought it was a good idea...

• 2 weeks later...

Kurgan, your answer to my post was a bunch of rubbish.

There is almost 0 skill involved in seige aiming. Any CTF player can tell you that it's a joke. The splash damage is far too pronounced for a gametype that (by your own admission) forces players to move so slowly. I've played seige, and it's a dumbed down and newb gametype, period. It's sloppy. To even suggest that it takes more co-ordination and skill to put together a seige team vs a CTF team shows that you are quite clueless about what it takes to have a beastly CTF squad. If you want JKA seige type action, why don't you just play enemy territory like the big boys? Now THAT is a skill based game that requires not only massive team strategy but also flawless aim. JKA seige requires absolutely no aim at all (even someone with the slightest fps gaming skill finds it a joke) and only the most simple and obvious of team strats.

Seige is for newbies.

Man... another count. Your going to take lucasforums up to 100,000 members before long.

I like the whole siege idea. But the fact of the matter is, all you got to do is shoot rockets or concussion missiles at the guy and your going to kill him.

I use stealth to my advantage, especially in the tatooine level. I hide behind buildings and other obsticals until people pass by, then go for it.

It doesn't always work because they are human after all and *normally* can't be fooled easily. On the other hand, since they are human they can also make mistakes and overlook me. :D

Originally posted by mediablitz78

Kurgan, your answer to my post was a bunch of rubbish.

There is almost 0 skill involved in seige aiming. Any CTF player can tell you that it's a joke.

Get out your disruptor and head to a Siege server populated by non-first timers, and let's see how well you fair. Typically I've found there are two types of Scouts in Siege: those that can't hit anything unless it's standing still (and whine about it), and those who are masters.

I'm not talking about splash damage and never was, you brought that up. Does it exist in this game? YES. Does it exist in most FPS games, including Enemy Territory? YES.

So what's your beef?

I thought that the splash damage in JA was less pronounced than in JK2, so if anything, it requires more skill, unless you're going to say that the gameplay is slower or something.

Honestly I don't see how that could have anything to do with anything, since all the complaints that the JK2 purists have, have nothing to do with aiming (if anything, it was far easier to hit people in JK2), but rather with the flip kicks, the new saber types, the mana-draining special moves and their behavior, and like saber throw damage randomness.

Don't you see? Every gametype (except the duels) have the same weapons.

So your criticism equally applies to all of them. By that logic, JK2 and JA require no skill at all and are "noob" games. And before you retort that it's all about the Force, let me let you in on a little secret. It's not always about the Force! If two guys who can't block stuff with a lightsaber and can't force push stuff away and can't force jump over the shots and can't use a protection bubble to keep themselves alive or grip the guy or pull the weapon away approach each other with guns, how does either of them come out alive?

To answer that question, see any FPS on the market that doesn't feature force powers. Right?

Since your clan basically said all other game types were garbage except Sabers Only Full Force CTF in JK2, how do you get off complaining about aiming, if not condemning it in both games? Again, just because you played the game this way doesn't mean everyone else did. You got bored and move on to something else, that doesn't mean everyone else did. And this snobbery that the game takes no skill, so you mastered it and left and we're all noobs to continue is just annoying. But I digress...

If you were wanting to argue that the hit detection in JA is off, fine, but you should say so. The rhetoric from some of the JK2 purist community has been mostly complaints about "nerfing" and "messing up" things and other opinion-based stuff. JK2 had those huge hitboxes that made it much easier to nail somebody. JA has hit locations that favor chest or head shots. If anything, JK2 thus benefitted more from splash damage when you get right down to it. Does that make it a "noob" game?

The splash damage is far too pronounced for a gametype that (by your own admission) forces players to move so slowly.

The splash damage for the Siege weapons is identical to the splash damage for all the other gametypes. I guess I'm not sure what you're saying here.

The slow movement is relative. You have classes that range in speed from 1.25 (which I think is equivalent to "normal" FFA speed) down to .75.

Only one out of the three Scenarios features Force Speed, Korriban (Dark Jedi have one Speed user - Speed 3, Light Jedi have two - Speed 1 & Speed 3; though the Dark Jedi also have one character with Rage 3). Siege Desert has the Dark Jedi with Rage 3.

I've played seige, and it's a dumbed down and newb gametype, period.

You must not have played it very long, assuming you played the real thing at all (beta doesn't count). It takes plenty of skill, which is why there is such a dramatic difference between playing with first time players and long-time players. Saying that Siege is a "noob" gametype, and CTF isn't is simply ridiculous.

How is it "dumbed down"? From what? In what way? Because every class doesn't have access to all Force Powers and weapons?

By that logic any game with class based gameplay where the characters have unique weapons or items is "dumbed down." That's a ridiculous argument against Siege. Not liking to play that way is one thing, but bashing it because it's different is something else.

It's sloppy. To even suggest that it takes more co-ordination and skill to put together a seige team vs a CTF team shows that you are quite clueless about what it takes to have a beastly CTF squad.

I'd be very surprised if you spent much time in JA Siege at all. Aside from whining about JA CTF, which you guys do a lot of, so far I've only seen whines that have nothing to do with the gameplay at all. Splash damage more pronounced? What?

The fact that certain classes move slower than others, and that not everyone has force speed simply means the gameplay is a bit slower, but you have more to do than in CTF. There's a flow to it, maybe you'd call it linear. But then what is CTF? Guarding a base, attacking a base, and bringing the flag back, over and over until you win. That's not the point, the point is that you have to utilize all your skills to win. The difference being that in CTF (theoretically) you can make it so that anyone can use any force configuration they want, and use any weapon. Whereas Siege forces you to deal with your class limitations. You can't have Speed and Rage. You can't combine your saber with your guns. The Sniper can't also set mine traps. So do you do have to coordinate things.

If your team is clueless, you'll lose, unless you're playing equally clueless opponents...

If you want JKA seige type action, why don't you just play enemy territory like the big boys?

Because, for the million and 1st time, Enemy Territory is a completely different game!

That's like me saying to you, If want JK2 CTF type action, why don't you just play UT2k4, like the big boys?

Think about it for two seconds and you'll see why it's a silly thing to say. ; )

Now THAT is a skill based game that requires not only massive team strategy but also flawless aim. JKA seige requires absolutely no aim at all (even someone with the slightest fps gaming skill finds it a joke) and only the most simple and obvious of team strats.

I dunno. From here all I see are JK2 players who instead of wishing to change and adapt to JA, have decided either to continue playing JK2 or move on to other games. Maybe they're bored with the JK series. Maybe they were expecting more from a sequel. Or maybe they are just too lazy to learn new things. I don't know.

Seige is for newbies.

Since you state this as a fact, rather than an opinon, I'm forced to conclude that you're simply ignorant of it, period.

Go back to playing Enemy Territory, the "real man's game", and let us "noobs" enjoy our gametype, if that's how you feel. :o

And try out Republic Commando, it's nothing at all like JK2 or JA and features Assault, so maybe you'll like it.

Archived