Home

Next JK game? (no, there's nothing new here, just a discussion)

Lord Kaisen

Ok, if TK's post confused you, it's because there's been controversy over whether JA should be called "JK3" (or JKIII depending on how you like your numbers), as some feel JA was more of an expansion for JO than a full-fledged sequel. You gotta explain these things for the newcomers, TK. It would at least be a good opportunity for you to brainwash (er, I mean "persuade" :p ) them to adopt your point of view

This has been speculated many times this past year. My guess is that the series may yet continue with another full fledged sequel, but it'll take a very long time before it's even close to being released. Take the wait from JK to JO for example. Fans had to wait five freakin' years before they got the sequel they were clamoring for. I suspect a similar amount of time will elapse, if not longer, before another game's released.

I just want to point out that Jedi Outcast servers send heartbeats to the master server called

masterjk2.ravensoft.com

while Jedi Academy servers send heartbeats to a master server called

masterjk3.ravensoft.com

I find it interesting that while Raven could have just as easily called the master server masterjkja.ravensoft.com or even masterja.ravensoft.com, they decided to call it

masterjk3.ravensoft.com

But TK is correct in stating that it has never been called "JK3" in any LucasArts promotional material or on their web site(s).

I think the fact that this has bottomed out into yet another mindless 'jkja vs. jk3' debate indicates what is known about the *possibility* of a new JK game.

Nothing is known - not even about intent.

I think it is safe to say that it is >1 year away, even if it is hatching in someone's brain.

Mike

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

I just want to point out that Jedi Outcast servers send heartbeats to the master server called

masterjk2.ravensoft.com

while Jedi Academy servers send heartbeats to a master server called

masterjk3.ravensoft.com

I find it interesting that while Raven could have just as easily called the master server masterjkja.ravensoft.com or even masterja.ravensoft.com, they decided to call it

masterjk3.ravensoft.com

But TK is correct in stating that it has never been called "JK3" in any LucasArts promotional material or on their web site(s).

No offence but... I dont think raven cared.

Well, uh, to get back at the matter at hand. Don't expect any new Jedi Knight/Dark Forces game anytime soon. Raven, as far as I know, still has the rights to the series and they're working on Quake IV at the moment.

So, unless LucasArts gives the rights to someone else, don't expect anything after Quake is released. And even then it would be a while most likely.

Originally posted by Durocha

Well, uh, to get back at the matter at hand. Don't expect any new Jedi Knight/Dark Forces game anytime soon. Raven, as far as I know, still has the rights to the series and they're working on Quake IV at the moment.

So, unless LucasArts gives the rights to someone else, don't expect anything after Quake is released. And even then it would be a while most likely.

It's not Raven that is making Quake IV it's ID SOFTWARE!!!!(unless it changed...)

Does anyone know their gameing ROOTS anymore?!?!?!?!?

:bdroid1:

Originally posted by KitchenKnif

It's not Raven that is making Quake IV it's ID SOFTWARE!!!!(unless it changed...)

Does anyone know their gameing ROOTS anymore?!?!?!?!?

:bdroid1:

Sorry ... Raven is developing Quake IV, and always has been ... they have been contracted by id using the Doom3 engine.

And what does Roots have to do with it, Tobey?

Mike

Well,if Raven,or any other developer *were* to make another game to the series,they could really take some suggestions or make some improvements over Jedi Academy.IMHO,JA was a bit too rushed,and,it could use some improvements,some slight and subtle improvements which could significantly increase the immersion level.

Also,if it can be done,please change the graphics engine.

After the doom 3 engine is solidly out of date, expect a new jedi knight series game using that engine. JK series always gets the ass end of the deal. However, I did hear they were working on a title. it's "Jedi Knight: Revenge of the RPG Newbs". Raven has promised that there will be even more bowing emotes, DARTH MAUL SKINZZ (!!!) and suggested that they are contracting Punkbuster to deal with LAMERZ!!!!11 That's right kids. There will also be an adjustable skill-o-meter that can be set. If anyone comes onto your server and is above the set skill level they are AUTO-BANNED 4 LAMMING!!!!111 They also promised to lower the skill level of the game even more so that even the most clumsy idiot can compete with an intelligent and experienced gamer. (they realized that JKA was not a drastic enough dumbing down from JK2.) Here is the official quote from Raven:

"Because of the massive demand, we promise that we will nerf every gametype except for saber dueling to the point where they are unplayable. Although we successfully made full force saber only unplayable in all gametypes, we realized that the full weapon community was still very playable, and that this frusturates our loyal saber rpg newbie fanbase. We pledge that in the next release of Jedi Knight series, guns will be completely pointless."

Originally posted by mediablitz

After the doom 3 engine is solidly out of date, expect a new jedi knight series game using that engine. JK series always gets the ass end of the deal. However, I did hear they were working on a title. it's "Jedi Knight: Revenge of the RPG Newbs". Raven has promised that there will be even more bowing emotes, DARTH MAUL SKINZZ (!!!) and suggested that they are contracting Punkbuster to deal with LAMERZ!!!!11 That's right kids. There will also be an adjustable skill-o-meter that can be set. If anyone comes onto your server and is above the set skill level they are AUTO-BANNED 4 LAMMING!!!!111 They also promised to lower the skill level of the game even more so that even the most clumsy idiot can compete with an intelligent and experienced gamer. (they realized that JKA was not a drastic enough dumbing down from JK2.) Here is the official quote from Raven:

"Because of the massive demand, we promise that we will nerf every gametype except for saber dueling to the point where they are unplayable. Although we successfully made full force saber only unplayable in all gametypes, we realized that the full weapon community was still very playable, and that this frusturates our loyal saber rpg newbie fanbase. We pledge that in the next release of Jedi Knight series, guns will be completely pointless."

Thats interesting. lol. Maybe the new star wars game that is comin out like summer or next year lol will be good, cant remember the name though. But its got sabers and guns and stuff......

If Raven get's the game I won't buy it, they suck. I can only hope they don't totally destroy Quake IV. LucasArts needs to step up and reclaim development SOLELY, like they did with DF2:JK. If they ship it out to 3rd party again it can only eventually suck.

As for the next SW game to come out, Republic Commando is a tactical shooter, has no sabers in it at all. It's on the Unreal engine (pwnage) and is a straight shooter. If there's MP, like rumored, I hope you rpg newbies don't cry when I headshot you over and over and call me an aimbot, just take the ownage and move on :D

:lol:

I think that version has already been modded into existence.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Raven made Jedi Outcast, an undeniably great game. They also made Star Trek Voyager Elite Force (which I have but never installed) and I have heard that it is a great game as well.

Yep, Elite Force was a classic first-gen Q3 engine game, akin to NOLF ... its' main problem was it was way too short, otherwise it was excellent.

Raven is one of the better devs, IMO. I've yet to play a game of theirs I don't like.

Mike

Originally posted by Fallen'VS

If Raven get's the game I won't buy it, they suck.

I'll sleep better now. I was worried about what you might do. Oh wait, why should we care? :)

If they ship it out to 3rd party again it can only eventually suck.

Like Knights of the Old Republic and Jedi Outcast? Good theory.

If there's MP, like rumored, I hope you rpg newbies don't cry when I headshot you over and over and call me an aimbot, just take the ownage and move on :D

I hope you don't cry when there are no RPG newbies and everyone is better than you. ;)

Archived