Home

Post NJO : Dark Nest Trilogy Details

Astrotoy7

Hmmm....sw.com and other sites have released a tiny tidbit about this post NJO trilogy....

The heroes of the Star Wars galaxy have survived the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, but they will soon face their next great challenge when The Dark Nest trilogy of paperback novels begins next year.

The disappearance of a small team of Jedi Knights -- including Jaina and Jacen Solo -- in the Unknown Regions has sparked controversy. The reclusive Chiss has lodged a formal complaint, angrily accusing the missing Jedi of meddling in a border dispute between the Chiss and an unidentified aggressor.

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker ventures into the Unknown Regions to contain the damage, while Han and Leia follow, concerned for their children. What they find is a colony of mysterious aliens edging towards Chiss space, led by a Force adept who is recruiting old and powerful friends to his cause. He is compelling them to join the colony and meld their Force-abilities with his, even if it leads to all-out war.

well it is interesting to hear that it will feature the jedi and the chiss :D Still, I find it funny that, even immediately after NJO, there had to a 'mysterious group of aliens' intent of making war, even if it is just with the chiss..... Hopefully there'll be more to these aliens than that :(

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Sivy

yay! no more of those borg things!

i look forward to hearing more about these.

if you want to get technical..they were anti borg really..they hated machinery and such..but not the point..

i do think that this will be nice a new, i like NJO cause it didnt follow the classic empire trying to take over again and some dark jedi wannabe creepin in. this will have a similar storyline, but looks to also have the mysteriousness the vong had to NJO. i like the fact that they are expanding into the unknown regions, its about time and it leaves for ALOT of new creative material to arise. i am excited, although i was hopin to see a bit more novel wise from the sith wars and such instead of comic books and video games :D

There could be a lot of interesting stuff coming up. I find it interesting that TD is literally writing half of the post-NJO books (six of twelve) scheduled for the next three years.

This species won't be anything like the Vong obviously; TD's first trilogy here is only that: a single trilogy. Moreover, that they're led by a "Force adept" has some interesting points for it. One, I think it's kind of odd that this "adept" is able to do something well enough to stop Jacen "the man of the NJO" Solo, as well as his kick-butt (if annoying) sister.

And, given TD's rather subtle hints here and there (and a flat-out admission at one point) we know that Raynar is going to be back, and with an important role. Anyone want to place some bets on who this "Force adept" might be? Just a stray thought...

Archived