Home

Favourite Book Cover ??

Astrotoy7

SW book covers are often cleverly designed to make them catch your eye on the bookstand..... there have been some great, and horrific covers over the years. what are ppls faves ??

I personally love the "I, Jedi" cover - it features a dashing corran horn, and the ultra cool, whistler :D Lukes big melon in the background is a bit annoying tho :(

i_jedi.jpg

what I really dont like are the Thrawn Trilogy covers :( Joruus C'boath looks like a perverted old disco king with his bared chest and gold medallion :(

dont forget those hella cool Japanese covers, many of them being far superior to the covers we got :(

heres one of my faves from NJO era : REBIRTH . I like how they actually age the old folks(Luke Han and Leia) Anakin also looks pretty cool :D And Mara Jade looks sick and worried(like she was at this stage in the njo !!)

if you're interested in seeing more cool japanese covers, head over HERE :D

mtfbwya

yeah it might not be the prettiest, but it is the book that spawned the EU. I remember seeing that cover in a bookstore when I was around 11 or 12 and I was like ‘omg a star wars book!’

this is another cover i like...

sw.approach.storm.jpg

the book could of been better though. it was ok, but nothing special

Originally posted by Sivy

yeah it might not be the prettiest, but it is the book that spawned the EU. I remember seeing that cover in a bookstore when I was around 11 or 12 and I was like ‘omg a star wars book!’

this is another cover i like...

sw.approach.storm.jpg

the book could of been better though. it was ok, but nothing special

*cough* young fool !

THIS spawned the EU

Splinter%20of%20the%20Mind

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Sivy

and what a classic indeed! :p

i know where were books before the thrawn trilogy, like that piece of crap and the han solo adventures. but it was the thrawn trilogy that really made people interested in the EU.

werdage. just keepin you on yer toes sivski :p

still, that disco medallion HAS to go ! :D

mtfbwya

I really like the Japanese cover of Survivor's Quest, Traitor, and most of the NJO. As far as English covers go, I absolutely love the cover of The Unifying Force, though for no particular reason. I, Jedi is definitely up there, and I like a lot of the covers of the X-wing series.

Shatterpoint's cover is pretty cool, but the cover for Jedi Trial easily takes the prize for coolness in the prequel era. Too bad the book sucked like being buried alive in a nasty smelly bog to rot...

Originally posted by Master_Keralys

...but the cover for Jedi Trial easily takes the prize for coolness in the prequel era. Too bad the book sucked like being buried alive in a nasty smelly bog to rot...

indeed, the cover featured Asajj Ventress, uber cool sith wannabee. Too bad the book itself didnt feature her :(:p

The other ep3 prelude novel, Labyrinthe of Evil, also has a great cover. Im gonna start a thread for it shortly....Its sounds good. Though my non spoiler policy may prevent me from reading it before may 19 :p:D

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...

Archived