Home

Well hot damn!

GUNNER

*Tries to remember what I was doing 6 years ago today... and fails*

Wow! 6 years... better than half a decade devoted to this place! Cool!

Let's keep it going, what say you?!?

Congats for time well spent with us! Wouldn'tve been the same withoutcha, big guy!

***Three Cheers for Gun-dog the Stallion!***

Hip-Hip-Huzzah!

Hip-Hip-Huzzah!

Hip-Hip-Huzzah!

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Now, that this has been determined, I demand a speech.

*"Yeah, a speech!!" shouts from the crowd*

See? They want you. Come on, GUNNER, don't be too shy. Tell us about your youth at lf. The favorite moments, all the crises, the wars, the downtimes, your way up to circles of the powerful and mighty and your chaotic relationship with Zoomie's sister. ^^

I remember the good old days....

Lots of fun. :cool:

I can remember when there would be 10 poeple in RS.Net at a time, and that was at 4AM. We would have Poor Bastard and Hades from Brazil, Mater Lynn from Scottland. Decoy from the Netherlands. Fondas from Greece, Nitro would be here from New Brunswick. And R9, Keyan and Nute and Ike would make stops in here. We would have numerous contries in here and it was busy. Always a thread of intrest. Always something to talk about. I don't recall the number but we had a thread go to 200+ posts in just one night. With only about a dozen of us in here. Which is pretty damn good for the middle of the night.

then there was the time when we had some serious problems.

Back in the begining there was a guy named Lt. Guilo who was a big shot here. Very nice guy. One of the first Mods/Admins from what I recall.

Then one day I came in and found a few posts with my name in them that I did not post.

Ike did some PI work and found out it was Guilo using my name and password that he knew becasue of his Mod status. He didn't last long after that. Stealth and Aristotle had him kicked pretty soon after that. Guilo then started his own SW game forum and the battles started up again. Boy was that **** fun.

I remember the time we started our own XWA clan when the game first came out. I'm pretty sure that Keyan Farlander did most all the work in getting us a web site up and starting a forum for us. We played XWA on-line on Friday nights. We all had headsets and what not. A few HS girls were at our house and they were talking to the team and the next thing I know everyone is wanting me to post pictures of the girls. That was a blast. In our forum we kept stats of kills and what our ranks were.

Good ole days.

I also played on-line JK with Poor Bastard and Hades and a few others on Saturday mornings. There were only a few maps but it was fun. I sucked but it was fun playing.

Me and Ike were the Admins at XWA for awhile. That was cool being king **** for awhile. Now I'm just king. :rolleyes:

Nitro was just a kid and was always talking about getting laid and drinking and girls. As was most everyone else. Keyan was always studing for school it seemed like. Ike was living on the other coast.

I didn't have any kids and was just a bit over 30. Now I have 2 kids, will be 40 pretty soon it seems like. Have moved twice and been married for 10 years now.

Things have changed tremendously that's for sure, but it is still fun to come in here and see some old faces as well as the new ones. it's nice to know that even though some guys have come and gone and new ones have replaced them the friendship in here is still tight.

The place is almost to big for it's own good, but that's just me.

Now my Son is a big SW fanatic. He has started to play with all my SW lego ships and men. Something I don't really like because he is always losing men and the ship just happen to fall apart and then the pieces turn up lost. But none the less, he loves playing lego with me. He also puts a bungie cord around his waist and uses it for a utility belt to carry his light sabre. Well, it's my sabre I let him borrow. He will wear it every where, Church, Costco or just around out side. We have watched all 5 SW movies but we skip most all the really violent stuff. So far his favorite is the snow speeders looking for Han and Luke on hoth. and the opening sceen in ANH. So far we have watched one of the movies at least once a day for the past 2 weeks.

He is hooked. :cool:

Anyways, it's a privledge to be a part of this group of SW fans and it's a privledge to be apart of this place where we can go and talk about or favorite movies.

Star Wars.

And I will continue to be a part of this place until someone decides to close the door and call it quits.

Long live Star Wars and the LA forums and all of the great people that call this place their home.

Jim "GUNNER" Smith , Registration date. December 20th 1998-.....

Ah, GUNNER, you've brought back some memories...

Originally posted by GUNNER

...Keyan... would make stops in here.

Hm...I don't remember that. Actually I think I've only posted at RS.net like 10 times. But we had some long nights over at XWA.net that I remember very fondly.

I remember the time we started our own XWA clan when the game first came out. I'm pretty sure that Keyan Farlander did most all the work in getting us a web site up and starting a forum for us. We played XWA on-line on Friday nights. We all had headsets and what not. A few HS girls were at our house and they were talking to the team and the next thing I know everyone is wanting me to post pictures of the girls. That was a blast. In our forum we kept stats of kills and what our ranks were.

Yep, I remember that! Although we hardly ever could get too many people together at once. But that night with the girls I remember - the first (and only, I think :confused: ) time we used the voice communications. I remember it was you, me, Ace Azameen (or however you spell it), and somebody else who I can't remember.

Keyan was always studing for school it seemed like.

Heh, yeah :) Many late nights studying or doing projects spent at the forums. Good times. Now I'm just...at work all day.

Now my Son is a big SW fanatic...

You have taught him well :)

Me and Ike were the Admins at XWA for awhile. That was cool being king **** for awhile. Now I'm just king. :rolleyes:

Hey, I was there too. Just the eager, bright-eyed youngster who didn't know what the hell he was doing. :D

Orignally posted by GUNNER

Things have changed tremendously that's for sure, but it is still fun to come in here and see some old faces as well as the new ones. it's nice to know that even though some guys have come and gone and new ones have replaced them the friendship in here is still tight.

Damn straight, Jim. Damn straight. :)

I remember the good old days....

Lots of fun. :cool:

I can remember when there would be 10 poeple in RS.Net at a time, and that was at 4AM. We would have Poor Bastard and Hades from Brazil, Mater Lynn from Scottland. Decoy from the Netherlands. Fondas from Greece, Nitro would be here from New Brunswick. And R9, Keyan and Nute and Ike would make stops in here. We would have numerous contries in here and it was busy. Always a thread of intrest. Always something to talk about.

Wow, sounds like you had your own United Nations there.

Archived