Home

Bothans...Spynet?

Oriolemanbr

I enjoyed reading about the Bothans in the NJO ; in particular about their 'levels of war' and how they declared the most severe level on the Yuuzhan Vong (a'krai IIRC) - which dictated that the war be seen through until the enemy was utterly exterminated - namely genocide :( freaky stuff

I was always wondering if there was a short story about the bothan mission to recover the ds2 plans. I could swear there was, but I cannot recall when or where I saw it !?

does anyone know :(

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I was always wondering if there was a short story about the bothan mission to recover the ds2 plans. I could swear there was, but I cannot recall when or where I saw it !?

does anyone know :(

mtfbwya

I don't recall a short story, but I do remember in SOTE they covered it a little.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

There have been several represantations of how a Bothan looks like, but it wasn't until Star Wars Galaxies came out that their appearance was set in stone.

that doesnt really set it in stone though.... If a bothan ever made it into Ep3 or the future series, I dont think theyd be rushing to play galaxies to see what they came up with. Mind you, I love how their fur ripples to show emotion.... just like my muscles ripple when I get angry :p

*flexes ripped abs, pecs, lats and biceps*

mtfbwya

True, but according to the people who run the continuity department of the Lucas empire, and provided no bothans will be portrayed in Ep. III that messes up Star Wars once again, then that is how they look.

In fact, they have said that that is how they look like. The devs of SWG got the go to create the true appearance of the bothans.

I really think SWG did a great job making the basic Bothan Character. But now I have another question...do you think...

The Bothans were okay but screwed up ot much in the end and weren't worth it. Borsk Fey'la screwed up the New Republics chance of fighting off the Yuuzhan Vong

OR do you think...

The Bothans were a great help to the Rebel Alliance, and the New Republic. Borks Fey'la was definetly a good chairman, and tried his best with the Yuuzhan Vong. The bothans are a honest, useful species with a good heart.

Originally posted by Oriolemanbr

A. The Bothans were a great help to the Rebel Alliance,

B. and the New Republic.

C. Borks Fey'la was definetly a good chairman, and tried his best with the Yuuzhan Vong.

D. The bothans are a honest, useful species with a good heart.

I have broken up that many tiered question/statement :

A. Yes. The Bothans did deliver the DS2 plans but, it has been well established that Palpy facilitated this happening :(

B. No, not really. I cant think of any instances when poor Leia was having a good time trying to negotiate with the damn Bothans or Borsk Fey'la :(

C. Borsk Fey'la's main concern was Borsk Fey'la. It dawned on him much too late that he had a greater duty....namely the events of NJO : Star by Star Before then, he had been manipulative and obstructive, to all parties, including the jedi, and antagonistic to Leia when she was chief of state, and when she wasn't either ... :(

D. NO DAMN WAY ! I dont know what useful means, but definitely honest and good hearted are NOT words I use to describe the Bothans..... clever, calculating, secretive, manipulative...yes :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Oriolemanbr

Okay, I see that you obviously oppose the Bothans. DOn't blame ya. Anyone else have any opinions?

hey, dont get me wrong, that made for *great* characters in the books. You always need people like Borsk, and in teh case of the Yuuzhan Vong - Nom Anor meddling about . If everyone got along fine it wouldnt be fun to read :p

mtfbwya

I think Astro got the Bothans dead on. They were eager to help the Alliance because they were oppressed by the Empire. They were a detriment to the Republic because they were trying to establish their dominance in the government. Fey'lya was extremely greedy, except at the end when he tried to do the right things. Of course, Fey'lya doing the right things meant it was time for him to die. An exception to typical Bothan behavior however, is Traest Krey'fey.

Nevermind, I misunderstood what you had posted.

I dont think that Fey'lya's greed was related to Ackbar. The logic is flawed. Fey'lya was still hungering for power and status after Ackbar was retired. Also, he acted greedily when he and Ackbar had comparable power, and some others also had equal shares of that power. Ackbar didn't attempt to increase his power, so there is no reason that Fey'lya would have to restrict it.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

I dont think that Fey'lya's greed was related to Ackbar. The logic is flawed....

werdage. Ackbar commands more respect in his little tentacle :p than Borsk could ever muster. Sure, Borsk was an interesting read, but he was a manipulative, greedy and very much self concerned individual. Ackbar on the other hand was a hero of the rebellion, a master military strategist(even right until the NJO) and indeed an icon of good behaviour ! Borsk was just a crazy fur ripplin goat fella who Im sure Leia would kill in a second if she thought she could have gotten away with it :p

btw, Oriolemanbr, I sense you have a non sexual crush on Borsk, and or Bothans in general :p which is cool. Im a mara jade person myself :p

mtfbwya

Archived