Home

Graphics card upgrade advice

richo

Hi

I understand there is probably many long time gamers on this board so I thought I would ask you an upgrading question. I haven't been playing games on my pc very long but I am really getting into this game and want to play it with a better system.

My current spec is this

Athlon XP 2000+

768 DDR 2100

64Meg GeForce 4 Ti4200

Asus A7V600-X Socket A motherboard

What do you think I should upgrade first? I thought my grapics card and I have about £150 to spend on one. Which graphics card would you go for? I have been looking at both the 128 Meg ATI Radeon 9800 pro and the Nvidia 6600GT, but I don't know which is best.

Also what else would give me a good performance gain for the money? Would I see a big difference if I installed 1024Meg of DDR 400 memory instead of the 266 I have?

I hope somebody can help me

Thanks in advance

Richo

I'd say go for a new graphics card. This game doesn't seem to be very processor or memory intensive. It worked fine on my old setup of Athlon Thunderbird 1.4, KT266 chipset, 512MB of 266 DDR, but I've just upgraded to an Athlon 64 so I can play Dawn of War. My graphics card is a 256MB Radeon 9600 non-pro, and that gives me all the highest setttings on SWBF apart from anti-aliasing.

Archived