Home

Karaoke(?)

Darth Groovy

kar·a·o·ke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kâr-k)

n.

1. A music entertainment system providing prerecorded accompaniment to popular songs that a performer sings live, usually by following the words on a video screen.

2. The performance of such music.

[Japanese : kara, void, empty + oke(sutora), orchestra (from English orchestra).]

Ok, so I found out recently that X-Box has a version of PS2's "Karaoke Revolution" which features a mic, and downloadable songs over X-Box live.

Most likely, I am going to get this game with some money I got for Christmas, however, I was wondering if there were any other cool pc games, or websites for Karaoke?

This is silly, but it IS one of my favorite things to do. I am a complete ham on the microphone!:o

Originally posted by obi

My gf is OBSESSED with karaoke. 99% of the time I go to her house, I have to sing (or listen to her sing) a bunch of songs. I really don't mind it, because she can actually sing. It takes away kiss-time though. =(

:p

Bah, girls LOVE it when I sing, they come kiss me in the middle of doing it.

Sorry for the brag...

*shrugs*:D

well, you mightn't be too bad to listen to Grooves, seeing you were in a band n all....but as a general rule I hate terrible singing demonstrated at the majority of karaoke ive been unwillingly exposed to.... :(

when Im in a festive mood, I prefer to be surrounded by strippers :D Mind you, this does place certain impediments on one's bank balance :(

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Bah, girls LOVE it when I sing, they come kiss me in the middle of doing it.

Sorry for the brag...

*shrugs*:D

I guess they have to find some way to shut you up! ;)

I just wanna see groovy on dance dance revolution, see if his moves are up to his voice... :D

• 2 weeks later...

*bumped to the max*

Anyways got these today:

914989.jpg

Paid for with a gift certificate from my sister's fiance.

923931.jpg

Paid for with a christmas check from my grandmother.

I didn't get a chance to mess with the music mixer as much as I would have like too. I got really caught up in the sheer fun of the Karaoke Revolution game.

Well it scores you, and the first time I played the game, I landed two gold records:

1 for "Billie Jean", and another for "Bizzarre Love Triangle"

And one platinum for "This Is How You Remind Me"

the game is pretty fun, and works GREAT with the headset, as opposed to the microphone. I like how the band members fit the style of music you are playing. :D

Originally posted by Rogue15

lol i got that like forever ago. only used it a few times just messing around with it. i like taking lyrics out of burned songs and just listening to the beat, it's cool.

anyone know of any free programs for the computer that can do this..or perhaps programs like nero or something cause i got nero..

Originally posted by Mike Windu

Dance Dance Revolution is where it's at baby! :p

Haven't tried Karaoke revolution yet. My parents already have a karaoke machine that can support CDs and huge laser discs, so I just use that :p

Well I don't dance.

There are a million dime a dozen karaoke machines out there, but from what I understand, the good ones cost a pretty penny. I had my eye on one before the holidays, but it was just WAY out of my price range. Someday though, who knows?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

if it's a japanese song, it's sung in japanese. But mostly it's non japanese stuff. Infact we (my friends and I) loaded it up with some punk songs. We got a few looks while singing some misfits songs, namely last caress. :p

Tell me you did "Where Eagles Dare", or "Die, Die My Darling", and I will give you my first born child! :p

if it's a japanese song, it's sung in japanese. But mostly it's non japanese stuff. Infact we (my friends and I) loaded it up with some punk songs. We got a few looks while singing some misfits songs, namely last caress. :p

W00t misfits!

>_>

I'd load up some Burzum and scream my lungs out :p

Tell me you did "Where Eagles Dare", or "Die, Die My Darling", and I will give you my first born child! :p

lol, actually I did sing Where Eagles Dare. My friend started die, die my darling, until some jackass yelled "woooo metallica rocks" so we skipped the song and proceeded to mock the guy by laughing at him while singing.

Yeah, people should be shot in the leg for that kind of idiocy, but whatever.

lol, actually I did sing Where Eagles Dare. My friend started die, die my darling, until some jackass yelled "woooo metallica rocks" so we skipped the song and proceeded to mock the guy by laughing at him while singing.

Yeah, people should be shot in the leg for that kind of idiocy, but whatever.

Know what the problem with karaoke bars is? The fun is always over when the fat chicks get up and start singing "I Will Survive". :D It's totally true!

Know what the problem with karaoke bars is? The fun is always over when the fat chicks get up and start singing "I Will Survive". :D It's totally true!

or when someone puts on a damn boy band album, namely backstreet boys. Oh well, it's fun to drink and mock people.

Japanese Karaoke bars rock... especially the ones in shinjuku.

They aren't like UK ones, they consist of loads of rooms that you rent, each with a machine of its own (and a phone to order beer and sake)... and sometimes a great view over the bustle and neon of tokyo.

The advantages are twofold... no opportunity for some fat chick to sing I will survive, and us shy-retiring types can sing without the fear of embarasing ourselves infront of strangers (just our mates!).

*bumped to the max*

And one platinum for "This Is How You Remind Me"

That song is AWESOME! From what I've heard of your stuff, your voice would definately work with that one. You record it and PM me a linksy, I'd give it a listen. Whaddya say? :D

Archived