Home

ROTS Novel Trilogy (including Dark Lord) - - - [spoiler tags please!]

Astrotoy7

I have created this thread to provide a place where people can comment on the Episode III Novel Trilogy(for want of a better term !)

I have merged the existing "Labyrinth of Evil" and "Dark Lord" threads

Therefore, *this* is the place for your comments about

*Labyrinthe of Evil by James Luceno

*ROTS Novelisation by Matt Stover

*Dark Lord by James Luceno

any related comic adaptations :)

It will be stickied until further notice :)

Thank you

Astro.

[align=center]REMEMBER : USE SPOILER TAGS !!!!![/align]

[align=center]* * *[/align]

James Lucenos Episode 3 prelude novel, "Labyrinthe of Evil" is just around the corner :) Scheduled for release on Jan 25, it will be the equivalent of what 'The Approaching Storm' was for Ep2.

As enticing as it looks, and as much as I enjoy Luceno's SW efforts, I am trying to be very spoiler free for ep3 and dont think I'll read this before May....

Heres the little blurb from SW.com, no spoilerage material IMO

Making the wait for Episode III's cinematic debut easier for Star Wars fans is Del Rey's release of Labyrinth of Evil, the new Star Wars novel that directly ties into the beginning of Episode III's shocking events.

Author James Luceno writes this new adventure, with access to detailed Episode III information from Lucasfilm, ensuring an authoritative prelude to the final Star Wars chapter. Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil also dovetails neatly with the climax of the Cartoon Network's all-new five episode Star Wars: Clone Wars series to air in March 2005.

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker embark on their last big mission together before the events of Episode III. It is the Chosen One's first assignment with Obi-Wan as a full-fledged Jedi Knight. The Clone Wars are nearing their climactic resolution, with the Jedi investigating tenuous leads as to the location of Darth Sidious, the long-rumored mastermind behind the dark events clouding the

galaxy. But such a search leads deep into a web of lies, and an explosive adventure that sets the stage for Episode III...

If you want a bit more detail (and *spoilers*) Del Rey's site has a bit more.... http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/starwars/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=0345475720

It really does look an interesting read, and the fact it ties in with the 3rd season of the clone wars series is hella cool :D

anyone planning on picking this up before Ep3 ??

nice cover too :D (*contains a spoiler for a character in episode III*)

http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/LoE.jpg

mtfbwya

sounds good.

i'm glad James Luceno is writing it.

'cloak of deception' was really good IMO, but i thought 'the appoaching storm' wasn't anything special.

i probably will get the book when it's released, just as i'll watch season 3 of the clone wars cartoon.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

All these prequel books are pretty much the only SW books I can get nowadays. The NJO is total garbage and there hasn't been a lot of New Republic stuff for years, which saddens me. But this new book looks good, so I'll probably pick it up.

:p The New Republic was spectacularly decimated by the Yuuzhan Vong by the time the NJO reached Star by Star, but.....um you missed that becoz NJO like soooo suxxorzzz and is like something from Trek, right :p So there will never be any "New Republic" novels ever ! Theres an interim type ruling body called the GFFA now....Im sure things will change in the post NJO books, because GFFA is far too long a name :p

yeah, Luceno is among my fave SW writers, right up there with Matt Stover and Mike Stackpole :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Sivy

...i probably will get the book when it's released, just as i'll watch season 3 of the clone wars cartoon.

yes of course. but we all know you are the spoiler king of LF :p

as May gets closer I'm gonna close my eyes every time a post bears your name! :)

:p

mtbwya

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

All these prequel books are pretty much the only SW books I can get nowadays. The NJO is total garbage and there hasn't been a lot of New Republic stuff for years, which saddens me. But this new book looks good, so I'll probably pick it up.

Stop bashing the NJO every chance that you get, have you even read the entire series yet? :rolleyes:

Back on topic, what's with the title "Labyrinth of Evil", sounds like something from D&D. Ah well, at least from the cover it looks like we'll get to see more of

Grevious

Originally posted by wassup

Stop bashing the NJO every chance that you get, have you even read the entire series yet? :rolleyes:

Back on topic, what's with the title "Labyrinth of Evil", sounds like something from D&D. Ah well, at least from the cover it looks like we'll get to see more of

Grevious

he he. This is part of the reason Astro was made a mod here. As the others are NJO bashers here, I suggested that a NJO friendly person would be valuable to promote/describe the books, answer questions, and moderate NJO discussion.... see my new revised NJO thread (its stickied now)

As with "Labyrinth" I wish these damn americans would learn how to spell it right......"Labyrinthe"(UK and rest of world english spelling) :D:p

Yes,

Grievous

seems a most interesting character. I only know of him from seeing the final episode of the Clone wars cartoon. Man, he looks pretty badass. Though Im not sure if he would work underwater :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Kurgan

Spoiler tags added... *cough*

I thought about this, I figured since coupes uses him as his Av, his pic is in the above pic, and he was in Clone Wars everyone might have an inkling. I guess, its OK to look at him but not name him ??

anyway, sorry boss. Wont happen again without taggage :D

You probably better should get onto coupes about his Av ??

re-reads Ep III spoiler policy ! :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Prime

Why would he read a series he thinks sucks in its entirety?

Jeez Astro, haven't you clean up this place yet? :D

Howdy Prime ! I was put here as an affirmative action repsonse to the NJO hatred that plagues LF :p Any further NJO comment belongs in the stickied NJO thread which I organised for all your whining convenience :D

*flies off in coralskipper* :p

mtfbwya

• 4 weeks later...

on http://www.starwars.com there's an interview with James Luceno about 'Labyrinth of Evil' (which BTW is out today and sounds pretty good)

at the end of the interview James Luceno talks about another star wars book he is working on. "Star Wars: Dark Lord"

At the moment I'm working on a book that will form a loose trilogy with Labyrinth of Evil and Matt Stover's adaptation of Revenge of the Sith. Focusing on Darths Vader and Sidious, along with a band of Jedi that survives the events depicted in the film, Star Wars: Dark Lord begins before Revenge ends, and takes place over the course of the subsequent month or two

it sounds like the book will focus on the Jedi Purge with Vader and Sidious hunting down the Jedi.

cool eh?

interesting to note that Luceno will be writing an Ep3 follow up as well...'Dark Lord'.....

Im bumping this thread...hopefully someone heremight be picking it up soon...I am *very* tempted but i am really trying to be super spoiler free !!

I also am eagerly awaiting TFNs review for LoE...

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Prime

I think I'll pick this up for my long trip to New Zealand. Sounds like it will be good...

goin to NZ huh.....stay away from teh sheep :D

and make sure you write us a review of LoE when you finish it. Do you plan to finish it before Ep3 ??

mtfbwya

I hate hardbacks so much

werdage. I dont know why publishers bother with hardcovers..... they are almost double the price to buy, and are freakin cumbersome. ... :( they do look nice on your shelf, but that's hardly a saving grace ! With Survivors Quest, for example. I wanted to check that out, but am still waiting for the softcover.. :(

*sigh* when are we going to be able to DL books to our PDAs.... ?? It is surely teh way of the future, snuggling up in bed with your pda and a good book :D:p

of course, I'll need to buy a pda first

mtfbwya

Archived