Home

ScummVM Q+E: ScummVM INI file not in Windows dir.

wanderer510

Hi.

I tried ScummVM Q+E and i found it helpful. Something seems to be missing though. What happens if ScummVM's INI file has been removed from the default location and has been placed somewhere else (ScummVM's installation dir for instance)? Does Q+E have an option to set the default location of ScummVM INI file for use both in ScummVM and in Q+E? If not, it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

Not right now, it will be in the next version though. It should be out sometime in the next month.

Great news. I hope it will be somewhere as a default parameter for all games. I also hope we'll see a "minimize on run" switch somewhere. :) I believe it would be helpful.

I'd like to mention another thing too. In the Game combo, you cannot go directly to a game by pressing its first letter. Is it because of the percentage in front of the names? Can you do something about it please?

Thanx.

• 2 weeks later...

well, currently, ScummVM doesn't support Networked files unless you mount the folder as a drive, maybe you (since you know everything) could put this into ScummVM Q+E, a way to just pick the network drive letter, and ScummVM Q+E would automatically make the changes. Or just maybe a bulk path editor, that you just say the root folder, and ScummVM Q+E will change all of the folders to one folder and just keep the last folder (i.e. curse) that the files are actually in.

(see this page)

Archived