Home

Patch 1.2

Syzerian

Well I just downloaded the mod tools and while reading the readme I came across something that means patch 1.2 is not far away.

Mods require Star Wars Battlefront PC patch 1.11 to run add on levels but support for Mod Ids greater than 4 characters requires patch 1.2

Yay! Another patch coming :D

Originally posted by Pho3nix

Some of us do have better connections than 56k modem :roleyess:

Including me, but only 64k ISDN. But some people do still have 56K for various reasons. Even if you have broadband, a 60MB download could be a bit of a pain.

Is there any actual difference between 1.10 and 1.11 apart from the map?

IF there is a 1.2 patch in the works I have two minor interface improvement requests:

1. from the map screen, allow users to doubleclick the spawn points to spawn at the doubleclicked location. (T3:War of the Machines implements this idea and it really speeds up the process of getting back into the game.)

2. Add an exit button in multiplayer that immediately logs the player off and completely exits the game, rather than taking the player through a series of several menu items to exit the game.

And while we're on the subject of requests for patch 1.2, another request:

Increase the blast radius for the wookie Time Bomb. The time bomb is ineffective against personnel and fast-moving ground vehicles because of its small blast radius and (relatively) long countdown.

As stated on the official Battlefront website, the Wookie Time Bomb is designed to be used against buildings and vehicles. If the Time Bomb is intended only for non-moving targets, then I'd say no tweaks are necessary.

But if the the developer team wanted the Time Bomb to be effective against moving vehicles, the blast radius (specifically against vehicles) should be expanded.

Also, the Wookie should be able to throw the Time Bomb a few meters. Currently, the Time Bomb is more a threat to the Wookie than to his enemies since the Wookie is virtually on top of the Time Bomb when it is deployed. Allowing the Wookie to throw the Time Bomb a few meters will improve the weapon's usefulness.

If the Time Bomb were not a Time Bomb, but a remotely detonated charge, then I'd say there is no need to throw the bomb very far. But since it is an unstoppable (unless shot, which is fairly easy to do in five seconds, btw) countdown weapon, Wookies should be able to throw it at least a few meters.

Originally posted by Wilhuf

Also, the Wookie should be able to throw the Time Bomb a few meters. Currently, the Time Bomb is more a threat to the Wookie than to his enemies since the Wookie is virtually on top of the Time Bomb when it is deployed. Allowing the Wookie to throw the Time Bomb a few meters will improve the weapon's usefulness.

I agree, it is pretty much impossible for the wookiee to place a timebomb on a moving atst, if it could be thrown a meter or two that would help it more. most of the time the bomb ends up hitting the ground and doing no damage

• 2 weeks later...
Add an exit button in multiplayer that immediately logs the player off and completely exits the game, rather than taking the player through a series of several menu items to exit the game.

What's wong with the exit key of Alt-F4? Works like all other Window$ apps. Works in SP. Works now, no waiting for a patch.

Stop insisting the world work the way you want. Use what's been given to you.

!Vittles!

Stop insisting the world work the way you want.

The imperative tone of that demand makes it an ironic statement.

An exit button is easier than alt+F4.

This is the second time you've posted the suggestion (well, demand) that gamers use Alt + F4. We all know about that option in Windows (or Window$, as you predictably call it). Alt +F4 closes the game but doesn't properly log you out of any connected host.

Let me guess, Vittles, you don't have a suggestion on how to make the game better, or any ideas on what you'd like to see in the patch. And you've come here to complain ...

Meanwhile, I'd also like the wookie detonator launcher to function like the imperial issue weapon: one that can shoot thermals that detonate on impact, or can be 'charged' and bounced around corners, rather than only bouncing around.

Another suggestion:

Give an on-screen award to the player who actually captures the most control points. I find it strange that, while the whole objective of Battlefront is to capture points, there is no award given to the player who captures the most control points. (Although players get awards for kills, survival and headshots.)

The idea is to encourage point capturing, not deathmatch!

I've really wanted numerous times the ability to pause a multiplayer game if you are the host.

I would also like to make a request that the number of bots on each side can be adjusted by the host of any server. When my clan practices, I would like to have no bots on our side and all the bots on the other team.

-Boran

Archived