NJO : FAQs / Rants/ Raves/ Reviews

Astrotoy7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Leper Messiah

actually the book is rebel dream :p

was reading it today and i hit upon the first reference i didnt understand since i picked up the NJO at Star By Star. Luke says he named the Twin Suns squadron in memory of Tatooine, so has Tatooine been destroyed?

no, it hasnt !! [/quick simple answer]

mtfbwya

fair enough. bloody ambiguous jedi masters, I knew there was a reason i preferred Kyp

heh....this coming from a person who doesnt like brats :p

sing a long a la 'Men In Tights'

We're Kyp's - Dozen Jedi Knights !

We roam around the galaxy looking for fights !

:p

mtfbwya

yes but Kyp has a redeeming quality - he can annoy Jaina at will :D

Jaina trembles every time Kyp walks in, but she prefers the non-threatening Jag....

I can definitely see Jaina and Kyp hooking up eventually. It makes sense, especially with Kyps connection to Han. Any kids they have will surely be quite kickass as potential jedi, and be able to give Ben Skywalker an a$$ kickin if he deserves it :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Jaina trembles every time Kyp walks in, but she prefers the non-threatening Jag....

I can definitely see Jaina and Kyp hooking up eventually. It makes sense, especially with Kyps connection to Han. Any kids they have will surely be quite kickass as potential jedi, and be able to give Ben Skywalker an a$$ kickin if he deserves it :p

mtfbwya

Id be very disappointed with Kyp if he did but i could see it happening after the very inevitable death of Jag Fel.

oh and Ben Skywalker = odds on favorite to kill Luke

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

Someone better

I dunno about that. from the looks of things, no one is gonna kill Luke.

No child of Jaina Solo is likely to be a character i tolerate for long unless it comes out lightsaber weilding, sith to the bone and takes her and a room full of people out :D

Luke has to die at some point, old age would be a shockingly terrible way for the hero of the whole story to die. And besides Mara Jade is hardly the sort of character that grows old peacefully so he'd just be a loner for the rest of his days which would be pretty rubbish. Get him killed off by Ben (who will undoubtedly knock some young lass up before he turns bad thus setting the whole ugly thing in motion again :D) in fact Luke could do the Obi-Wan surrender to Vader and disappear and continue to turn up as a ghost every now and again

well it cant really be a passing EU villain of the week (or even an EU villain of the 19-book series for that matter) It needs to be a prominent member of the permanent EU cast. Of those, not many possiblities exist to my mind. I would have thought Anakin Solo a possibility before he died, but Ben Skywalker seems to be the most plausible person to be powerful and skillful enough. I guess Kyp could at a push or Jaina/Jacen but they dont seem to have the necessary presence in the story. Mara could but it would make no sense for her character to be sent back in that direction so the newborn Skywalker seems the best candidate, if as you say anyone does kill Luke.

i also give 2/1 odds that Ben Skywalker will not make it through life without having a hand severed in a lightsaber duel.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Samnmax221

I thought that whole "I won't use the Force" stage was pretty obnoxuise

well, one related point is that Jacen is very much like his mother in many respects. In essence she has rejected/neglected the force for most part...

mtfbwya

Archived