Home

12 inch figures

Aryyn

I recently became obsessed with buying 12 inch figures due to the fact that the detail & quality is so much better than the small figures with few exceptions. Id like to hear or see what 12 inch figures you guys have.

I recently picked up....

Ep1 Qui-gon Jinn

EP1 Mace Windu

Ep1 Darth Maul

Ep2 Count Dooku

Ep2 Anakin Skywalker

Ep2 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ep2 Jango Fett- Which is awesome with all the stuff that came with it. Really stands out in the collection with the armor & helmet on.

Ep2 Plo Koon- Which cost a bit much but i had to have it.

Ep6 Luke Skywalker- Jedi

Masters of the Sith 2-pak Darth Vader & Darth Maul- The Maul is cool because hes cut in half & it came with his saber in 2 pieces which is cool, but the Vader is the best 12 inch out there of him with the removeable helmet & cut off hand, incredible detail. I found this at Toys R Us for $14.99 they brought it out as an backstock item, i was at the right place at the right time i guess.

I open all of these & display them, their too cool not to! I plan to get alot more as i will buy nothing but 12 inch figures & lightsabers from now on. Im selling all my small carded 3 1/4 figures i have left very cheap, PM me if interested before i put the lot on Ebay.

I have them all. I am disappointed the line may not continue. There will definately be some RotS guys, but who knows what will come after that. Since I have them all, nor do I need any more small guys (who I have all of save for '03 Emperor and a few new ones), I'll post what I think Hasbro should make:

Cantina:

Dr. Evanzan

I wouldn't mind any other humanoid or small aliens

Hoth:

General Reiken (Hoth Rebel Commander)

General Veers (AT-AT Commander)

2-1B and FX-7 2 Pack (big hunks of plastic, but I'm sure they'd be cool nonetheless)

Hoth Trooper (generic guy or even a female would be cool)

Cloud City:

Lobot

Cloud City Cop

Ugnaught

Leia Bespin

Battle of Endor:

Mon Mothma

General Madine

Lando, Rebel General

Nein Nunb

Rebel Commando (generic guy)

The Phantom Menace:

Ric Olie

Captain Panaka

Sio Bibble

Shmi Skywalker

Kitser/ Wald 2-Pack

Nute Gunray

Rune Hacko

Senator Palpatine

Attack of the Clones:

Some more Jedi, main character ones like Aayla Secura, Saesee Tin, Kit Fisto, and so on and so forth

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

Bail Organa (unless there will be a RotS one and his outfit doesn't look Lesebithan or something)

Oh, by the way, how much did you pay for Plo Koon? I got him for the club price, but all of a sudden his price sky rocketed :eek:

I saw him selling on eBay for over $100 so you seem to have gotten a good deal. I suppose he is one of the most expensive ones ever made.

All of the Boba Fetts sell for quite a bit (the basic '97 version, the electronic KB one from '98, and the blue VOTC variant from earlier this year) all sell for $60^. I think the basic VOTC Boba, the one in gray (the better, more movie accurate version) sells for a bit more than retail. He actually wasn't as hard to find in stores as I had thought but you won't see him there anymore.

Another rare one is the basic furry Chewie from '97. The thing about that though is they made a furry Chewie from RotJ with the chain that can be removed and he sells for less than retail. If you really wanted that Chewie, you can get the cheaper one and take the chain off. I think the newest 12" figure, the KB Exclusive VOTC Chewie, is the ultimate Wookie in the 12" line yet though and wouldn't bother getting the furry guys unless you're a completist.

The last few series are quite scarce because stores don't seem to have room to stock any of them! Scout Trooper is alot of money, the Ewoks, AotC Yoda, and Luke Jedi were in that series and I have never seen any of them in the store. After that series, Obi-Wan, the Jawas, and Garindan (long snoot spy from ANH) never appeared around here either. Not really sure if any are worth alot of money save for the scout trooper. I think he's around $60 last time I checked.

All the other figures out there are $40 or less. While $40 seems like quite a bit, the ones like that are pretty old and among the first ones in the line. Their price hasn't faltered that much because unlike the small figures, Hasbro rarely remakes a guy in 12" form. I already mentioned there are a couple different versions of Chewie and Boba. The other exceptions include: Mace Windu, Han Solo, Luke Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the Jawas. The funny thing about these are the originals are actually better than the remakes, at least in my opinion.

Archived