Home

Hoth as Empire on Hard

Silver X

Capturing the Outpost is difficult in a frontal assault. I find it easier to flank them from the Control after taking Echo Base.

My strategy:

Choose the Imperial Pilot (for repairing damage) and take an AT-AT straight down the middle, shoot down any Snowspeeders and destroy manned anti-vehicle turrets, take out the Shield Generator, debark at the hangar and capture Echo Base, head down the hall and capture the Control, then continue down and capture the Outpost. The Rebels will only have one Command Post left, the Bunker, unless a pesky Rebel riding a Tauntaun stole the Forward Camp.

Most of the time I win with 100+ reinforcements and never die once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I normally go first for the Control CP (the one inside the mountain). Start as a dark trooper and keep to the extreme right edge of the map. Move as fast as you can. When you get about parallel to the first CP, use the rocketpack to land on the steps and get inside. I skip the first CP and move into the tunnels to capture the second CP first. From there you have access to the two others and you are behind the front battle lines. There are normally too many troops around to capture the first CP by yourself, but I never see more than one unit inside the tunnels.

The AI will leave you alone when you are following the edge of the map, but watch out from human snipers. There is no cover and once they figure out what you are trying to do, they stop at nothing to shoot your head off.

TK' is right : Snow-speeders are easy to take down... You just need to be accurate and reactive.

This is assuming they're AI, right? No problem. But if they're human you have your work cut out for you.

Actually I found if you get an AT-ST next to the AT-AT, you can walk right into the path of the speeder, it'll explode but you won't take an ounce of damage.

If you play on Hoth in Single-player mode, you can also bring your AT-AT near a hillside. When Snow-speeders will try to take you down using their harpoon, they'll crash into the mountain... :D

The AI in this game isnt known for its intelligance. More for its lack of....

If you play on Hoth in Single-player mode, you can also bring your AT-AT near a hillside. When Snow-speeders will try to take you down using their harpoon, they'll crash into the mountain... :D

:smash: stooooooopid AI...lol

even on hard they're not that great, only against other AI. We ASSUME a human player wouldn't be as stupid....but...it's happened......

Here's probably the best way to win. Spawn at the Forward camp as a Storm and hop into an AT-ST. Ride towards the Rebel Outpost. Steal it and head for Command. Take that then head for Echo Base. After that, run towards the Dish Turret infront of the hangar. Pummel the Shield Generator. If you want, hit the kiddies in the trenches or the turrets on the right. Wait for the AT-AT's to assist you and then destroy it. While waiting you can continue to destroy it. I did it all by myself, allowing me to get camper.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are playing as REBELS sit in a Anti-Infantry Turret (not the dish ones the flat cylinder ones) and you get about 75 kills if you are good

Just watch out for AT-STs :giggle1:

Exactly...the AT-ATs make a bee line for the sheild generator, so they're not a threat. But if an AT-ST is facing directly towards you......it's time to ditch the turret..... :lurkblast

If I was in the At-Ats (which is about never) I wouldn't go for the sheild generator. Its in the open and a small group of snipers (2-4) can completely cover it (arieal strikes can take care of the towers too). The At-Ats (as much as I hate it when people do it) should blast towards the two CPs. If an At-At is attacking one of the front Rebel CPs, the CP will fall. Work your way in from there and back the Rebels into the shield generator, then destroy it. It is much easier to blow up a last CP then it is to fight waves of respawning units defenting their last CP in an enclosed area.

Archived