Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Ahh, you're so close, yet so far away, Astro. Luke flew his own X-wing when covering Suprosa. I'm looking for one of the Y-wing's pilots names.

ok....maybe it was a separate incident ?? I quote CUSWE

The Empire had outfitted the Suprosa with hidden weapons systems, making it appear as a fertilizer hauler. It quickly opened fire on the Y-Wings flown by Luke and the Bothans, killing six ships before being disabled and boarded

please clarify Niner, I am highly intrigued ! :p

Meanwhile, Jan has left us in a questionless, limbo :(

C'mon, Jan, Im sure you can up with something interesting! :p

mtfbwya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

firstly, sorry about the dbl post, but i'll be quick. Having reached 50 posts, i have counted up *correct* answers and come up with the tally. I have excluded myself as I have been pushing the thing along :D

(nb.The 'ubiqtorate' question was awarded to CapNColostomy. The Slave I etc question was *not* awarded to SWPhreak)

EU Tally1.jpg

NINER ! The winner is j00 !

here's a special present in honour of your lore :p

r9.jpg

Ok ! Back to teh quiz :D

I'm gonna give it to Jan, because he got the pilot's name I was looking for. In the game X-Wing Alliance, you fly as Ace Azzameen in one of the Y-Wings flying cover for Dash Rendar on the Suprosa. Luke is in the mission as well, but he's flying his own X-Wing. I'm pretty sure that's the way it went down in Shadows of the Empire, in both the book and the N64 game. I could be wrong, but I was basing this question off of knowledge of XWA.

And I did not stalk Larry Holland. I wrote him many angry letters and kidnapped his children, but I did not stalk him. :D

By the way, Rogue Nine's X-Wing had a green trim. ;)

OMG - are you saying the CUSWE is wrong

*fragile reality of Astro's mind disintegrates*

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, the CUSWE also states the SOTE sourcebook as a reference, and you know those sourcebooks are damn freaky. Nonetheless, since you were referring to XWA, I will trust in your extensive knowledge of that wonderful game. :)

I really didnt research Rogue Nine for that card, I plugged it into an google image search and found that someone had made a card for it. I just altered the text.

Now, Jan has not supplied us with a question. I will supply one that Im sure he can answer if he feels the need to get on and be questionin'

Q. What is an Interdictor Class of ship ?? Who were they extensively used by in EU novels, and how do they work ?

mtfbwya

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

They're shaped sorta like Star Destroyers, only with big damned dome lookin' thingys on 'em. They're used by the Empire and the remnant. They can pull ships out of hyperspace. Grand Admiral Thrawn used them alot if I remember right.

yep, they are hella cool star destroyers that use gravity well projectors(the domes) to yank ships out of hyperspace. Interestingly enough, the Yuuzhan Vong used biological analogues of these, with dovin basals acting as living gravity well projectors :cool:

interdictor.jpg

Have you chosen not to ask a question too Cap ?

mtfbwya

@SWP, well, I included the others since you asked for super star destroyers. :)

They all are. Just different classes. I forgot the Vengeance Class though, which is only one known ship from the Jedi Knight game.

Anyway, some interdictors are star destroyers, like the Dominator-Class star destroyer (1.6 km long), while others are much smaller vessels which has been given the the same wedge shape as star destroyers, like the Immobiliser-418.

I forgot to add my question yesterday (sorry about that :( ), so I shall give it instead of Cap. :)

Q: Which are the 2 highest ranks posible to achieve in the Imperial military, and name a few that has been of that rank?

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

@SWP, well, I included the others since you asked for super star destroyers. :)

They all are. Just different classes.

meh, they may be "super sized" but I was aiming my question towards the [Executor] Super-class Star Destroyer. All the others are their "Dominator class" or whatever.

A:

just a guess

Imperial Prefect

the highest-ranking Imperial official on a planet, he is the Emperor's liaison with a planet's existing government.

and

Grand Moff

an Imperial governor, presiding over a sector of the galaxy which has been denoted as a priority sector by the Emperor. The Grand Moff's jurisdiction may span one or more sectors, incorporating part of all of the space ruled over by a Moff.

hope i got it right

Wraith 8

p.s. example of a prefect: DEFT AKLIN! :p :p ;)

ah ok.. and no jan... dont know if you heard but DS is no more. they split up. deft took leemu and toonces and many nmor eof the core group to start a new guild. they are on dantooine.

ok so then grand admiral is the correct one:

Grand Admiral

this was the highest rank an Imperial Navy officer could reach, originally establihed by Emperor Palpatine during Fete Week two years prior to the Battle of Yavin. At the time of the Battle of Endor, there were only twelve Grand Admirals in the Navy. They were distinguished from other Imperial officers by their stark, white uniforms, and Palpatine often referred to them as his "Circle of Twelve". The Alliance maintained records of each Grand Admiral's whereabouts, in order to ensure that they didn't get a chance to rally Imperial forces. Among the twelve known Grand Admirals at that time were Martio Batch, Nial Declann, Josef Grunger, Ishin Il-Raz, Afsheen Makati, Danetta Pitta, Pecatti Syn, Miltin Takel, Osvald Teshik, Rufaan Tigellinus, Demetrius Zaarin, and the so-called "Last Grand Admiral," Admiral Grant. The most infamous of them all, however, was the thirteenth Grand Admiral, Thrawn, who filled the void left when Zaarin was killed during his own attempt to become Emperor. By the time the Imperial Remnant agreed to a peace treaty with the New Republic, Pellaeon was believed to the only surviving Grand Admiral, a rank he had earned well after the death of Thrawn.

and after reading through a list of ranks... i hardly know what higher then that... the HIGH INQUISITOR seems to work directly under the emperor... but the emperor's hand... Like Mara Jade had an awefull lot of power aswell. but that wasnt really a rank like the inquisitor.. so ill go with the HIGH INQUISITOR. again a guess :)

High Inquisitor

this was the name given to the Imperial Dark Side adepts who worked directly for Emperor Palpatine, rooting out potential sources of Jedi candidates and Force activity during the height of the New Order. Known collectively as the Inquisitorious, the High Inquisitors struck fear into the hearts of beings by their mere presence. Through the efforts of the High Inquisitors, Emperor Palpatine hoped complete his Jedi Purge and eliminate any possible threat from the Jedi Knights.

dont think its correct tho

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Equal rank to Grand Admiral is Grand General, which are the 2 ranks I was after. :)

OK...so no one gets points on this one ??

now that is over, back to the questions:

Q. Who/what is IG-2000, what was its purpose and what became of it ??

BONUS POINT AWARDED if you can add/link to a picture :)

*see, thats how you ask an INTERESTING question* :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

That's also how you ask an easy question....

and thats how you ask no questions ! :p everyone seems to be forgetting to ask a question , or just keeping us in awful suspense Hitchcock style :p

Q. What is Palpatine's First Name and what was his position before he became senate representative for Naboo ??

mtfbwya

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

A: According to the official site, Lucas has not said what his first name is.

I think he was an advisor or something for the King of Naboo...

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20030701.html

pfft ! yeah, I know that, but the world of EU is nebulous beyond the realms Steve Swanseets little mind. Siv is 100% on the money...

Palpatine's full name (assuming he has any names other than "Palpatine" alone) has never been revealed. The usage "Emperor Palpatine" suggests that Palpatine is in fact his only name, though the use of titles such as "Senator Palpatine" suggests it may be his family name. Nevertheless, the original version of his character in Lucas's early scripts was named "Cos Da****" and many Star Wars fan fiction writers have quite incorrectly adopted the name "Cos Palpatine" in their stories and web pages -- so much so that it has become fanon. Of course, Palpatine might be a name of state, as the name Amidala is, so it may mean that neither Palpatine's given nor family name is known.

reference was here

mtfbwya

Archived