Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

Originally posted by guybroom

Jaster mereel was a mandalorian who found Jango Fett after he was orphaned when his parents got mudered (Jango's parents) and adopted him.

He is from Concord Dawn and head of the Death Watch

Umm, I thought the Death Watch was a group of ex-Mandalorians under Viszla (or whatever he's called) who fought against Jaster Mereel and his Mandalorians?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tanesh

Umm, I thought the Death Watch was a group of ex-Mandalorians under Viszla (or whatever he's called) who fought against Jaster Mereel and his Mandalorians?

That is correct, Jaster is the leader of the Mandalorian Shocktroopers.

Jaster mereel was a mandalorian who found Jango Fett after he was orphaned when his parents got mudered (Jango's parents) and adopted him.

He is from Concord Dawn and head of the Death Watch

I'll start asking questions when I answer soon - but someone else can for now. Also, do the games count as EU?

OK. Guybroom. Remember to list some references, where did you read it etc ??

anyways, I will award the point :) Though Tanesh and Phreak are correct. Jaster was not from Death Watch....

Jaster was a Journeyman Protector from Concorde Dawn. He was taken in by Mandalorian Shocktroopers, and worked for them as a mercenary. So he actually wasnt a true Mandalorian, in the KOTOR era sense anyway :) ) A breakaway Mandalorian group called the Death Watch attempted to over the Shocktroopers and Jaster survived their attack, largely due to the efforts of Jango Fett :)

Here's the CUSWE entry for Jaster

http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=16253

There's also some stuff at the official site, of course :)

Tidbit : Boba Fett's green Mandalorian armour, is actually Jaster's :)

anyway, Guybroom's question stands

Q. What happened to the last remaining IG-88 and which was it?

mtfbwya

A: The last true IG-88 (Programming) was the Death Star II's core. I'm guessing IG-88A. That was from memory...

The last IG-88 (droid shell) was in the YJK books. Raynar's Uncle found IG-88A's body, and reprogrammed it.

I wonder how IG-88 would have fared during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion?

I won't ask a question since I'm not sure if that was the answer you were looking for.

P.S. I didn't use any Star Wars Encylcopedia you cheaters :p

Firstly - I'm sorry for giving the wrong answer. I must have read the website wrongly. Also remember I have read hardly any of the EU -I just remembered the 'Tales of the Bounty Hunters' - but i'm mainly using what is on the SW databank and google searches.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

A: The last true IG-88 (Programming) was the Death Star II's core. I'm guessing IG-88A. That was from memory...

The last IG-88 (droid shell) was in the YJK books. Raynar's Uncle found IG-88A's body, and reprogrammed it.

I wonder how IG-88 would have fared during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion?

I won't ask a question since I'm not sure if that was the answer you were looking for.

P.S. I didn't use any Star Wars Encylcopedia you cheaters :p

The final IG-88 was destroyed by the death star and I think you're right about which it was. It was IG-88A.

I don't know about the thing about Raynar or whoever so I'll give you the point.

Firstly - I'm sorry for giving the wrong answer. I must have read the website wrongly.

I don't know about the thing about Raynar or whoever so I'll give you the point.

Yes, Phreak is indeed right. and can have the point :) ( I will clarify the Raynar thing shortly....)

Guybroom, thank you for clarifying, please note, I am the only one that assigns points :) It is part of my awesome power :D

OK...on with it...

Q. Name 5 Native Alderaanians :)

mtfbwya

Do you mean born on Alderaan, or in an Alderaan family?

• Raynar Thul
  • Bornan Thul
  • Leia Organa Solo
  • Winter
  • Bail Organa

*Bzzt* ! Native alderaanians, means they were born there homeboy....

but Im assuming you know Tyco so, I'll give you the point :p

ask a question now, phreakski :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Guybroom, thank you for clarifying, please note, I am the only one that assigns points :) It is part of my awesome power :D

mtfbwya

Sorry - I thought I was able to say if it was right or wrong and therfore if they get the point.

So then I can say if its right or wrong and if YOU give them the point.

Better???

Sorry - I thought I was able to say if it was right or wrong and therfore if they get the point.

So then I can say if its right or wrong and if YOU give them the point.

Better???

yes indeed.... as seen in previous instances, if someone has answered a question, and given refs etc, they may still go on and ask a question. It is however imprtant that the person who aske dthe question clarifies, as this may affect points being assigned.

you'll notice that when questions in doubt are clarified I usually edit a post with a point assignment :)

anyway, enough babble, back to the questions :)

Q: Who is most likely responsible for Kalan's death?

A. Kalan was Prince Isolder's older brother. He was killed due to political motives and it was initially believed that his Aunt(Seccah) had orchestrated it...

[edit] bah ! I should have finished that thought .... anyway, points that go to me dont count..........no biggie

SW.com says thus

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/isolder/

4 POINTS UP FOR GRABS !!!

Q. Name 2 of Kyle Katarns's ships ?

*What happened to them ??

BONUS : PICs of each

BONUS 2 : Which film did one of Kyle's ships make a very brief appearance ?

BONUS 3 : screenie of bonus 2

mtfbwya

Isolder finally confronted his mother and accused her of being behind the deaths of Kalan and Lady Elliar. Ta'a Chume accepted Isolder's fiancée, and stepped down from her role as Queen Mother, handing that mantle to Teneniel Djo

;)

I think everyone accepts that Ta'a Chume did kill her son.

A: Moldy Crow (See attachment for image)

Raven's Claw.

The Crow was in Ep1.

Originally posted by jedispy

Since the last Q was "Name 2 of Kyle Katarns's ships," and it was answered, I'm going to go now.

Q. Who and or what was Bria?

Firstly, unless you are one of the regulars and have changed your name, I send you a hearty welcome. Jedispy....

You mean Bria Tharen right ? She's been described earlier in a question about Han Solo....

of course, the what you are referring to is most likely the first ship Han and Chewie had, named after her...

references : Han Solo Trilogy

Q. Name the members of Figrin D'ans band, and what instruments they play.... ?

mtfbwya

<Jedispy checks the rules>

O.k.

1. got it

2. Well there wasn't a question in play, so N/A for my prev post

3. No question was in play, from what I can tell.

4. You got it.

O.k. from what I can remember in my SWCCG lore (SWCCG is a fusion of canon + EU.)

Figran D'an - Kloo Horn

Doikk N'ots - Fizzz

Ickabel G'ont - Fanfer

Tedn Dahai - Fanfer

Tech Mo'r - Omni Box

Nalan Cheel - bandfill

Lirin Car'n - Kloo Horn

Bonus: The song they played at the exact instant that Skywalker and Kenobi walked in was "Mad About Me."

edit: OOPS!!! Forgot to ask a question. Thanks for the reminder.

O.k. from what I can remember in my SWCCG lore (SWCCG is a fusion of canon + EU.)

Figran D'an - Kloo Horn

Doikk N'ots - Fizzz

Ickabel G'ont - Fanfer

Tedn Dahai - Fanfer

Tech Mo'r - Omni Box

Nalan Cheel - bandfill

Lirin Car'n - Kloo Horn

Bonus: The song they played at the exact instant that Skywalker and Kenobi walked in was "Mad About Me."

he he...you rascals never cease to amaze... assigning yourselves bonuses !!

anyway, great answer jedispy, good to see another who utilises the great EU content in the olde SWCCG(Thats teh reason I collected them....never played one damn game, and wouldnt know how !!)

now, next time remember to ask a question jedispy, or say pass :D

so, I will ask a question, coz I like to keep things movin :)

Q. Force sensitive droids ? yes, sounds ridiculous, but at least a couple pop up in EU.....name 2

mtfbwya

Q. Force sensitive droids ? yes, sounds ridiculous, but at least a couple pop up in EU.....name 2

mtfbwya

hmmm.... ah well, I thought many woul dhave known at least one.....

A. 4-LOM.. ref : Tales of the Bounty Hunters

R5-D4.... aka 'skippy' (yes the red droid that blows his top in ANH) An interesting story in one of the 'Tales' comics series describes the force sensitivity of this droid :p

anyway...

let me ask another....

let's make it topical....

Q. There is a scene in the new trailer(feat anakin and dooku)......... what location in KOTOR2 does it resemble.....

2 POINT BONUS : PICS to compare...

:p

mtfbwya

R5-D4.... aka 'skippy' (yes the red droid that blows his top in ANH) An interesting story in one of the 'Tales' comics series describes the force sensitivity of this droid :p

I believe there is a reason why the comics are called called "Tales." I also think that was meant to be funny, and not taken seriously. Which is why I don't consider them to be "EU Canon" (God dammit Kurgan). They're short stories by random people.

As for 4-LOM, meh... haven't read Tales of Books in a while.

I believe there is a reason why the comics are called called "Tales." I also think that was meant to be funny, and not taken seriously. Which is why I don't consider them to be "EU Canon" (God dammit Kurgan). They're short stories by random people.

As for 4-LOM, meh... haven't read Tales of Books in a while.

yeah, I get what you mean re- R5-D4...

Still, the 4-Lom still stands.... though they do both fit into the same canonical classification :p anwyay, no points were awarded, no biggie....

Q. There is a scene in the new trailer(feat anakin and dooku)......... what location in KOTOR2 does it resemble.....

2 POINT BONUS : PICS to compare...

OK, it seems the current question is a bit too topical perhaps....but let me answer it ....

Nb. Kotor2 and Ep3 trailer spoiler warning !

A. There is a scene in the new ep 3 trailer

that shows the duel between anakin and dooku. It is some form of sith throne room, a little similar to that in ROTJ.

http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/trailercap.jpg

It does bear some resemblance to

the sith meditation chamber

used by Visas Marr in KOTOR2.....

http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/visas.jpg

*mental note : no more topical questions !*

OK. Next question..... *easy*

Q. Who was Nien Nunb and where was he from....what was his brothers name, and what did his brother do ??

mtfbwya

Well...I know part of it. Nien Nunb is the Sullustan copilot of Grey Leader (a.k.a. Millennium Falcon) during the battle of Endor. Now who his brother is......I'm sorry I don't know that. I do know of an Aril Nunb, who is Nien's sister. She joined Rogue Squadron, and almost made it to executive officer.

Apparently sullustans are naturally excellent pilots.

EU questions.......

Let's see....what hasn't been asked yet......

Q: In the final duel of The Last Command, who was all involved in the lightsaber duel, and who held who's lightsabers?

Well...I know part of it. Nien Nunb is the Sullustan copilot of Grey Leader (a.k.a. Millennium Falcon) during the battle of Endor. Now who his brother is......I'm sorry I don't know that. I do know of an Aril Nunb, who is Nien's sister. She joined Rogue Squadron, and almost made it to executive officer.

Apparently sullustans are naturally excellent pilots.

EU questions.......

Let's see....what hasn't been asked yet......

Q: In the final duel of The Last Command, who was all involved in the lightsaber duel, and who held who's lightsabers?

well done jedispy I knew there was somethig wrong with my question ! ...Nien Nunb had a sister...... I always thought he had a brother :( :

Ten Numb flew a b-wing at the battle of Endor... no relation to Nien Nunb !

http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/deathstar2/light/large/tennumb.html

Now, TLC is a while ago but surely it was Mara Jade fighting Luke Skywalker, using an anakins blue saber that Luke lost when he was dismembered at Bespin (by anakin!) :p

I'll let someone else ask a question for once :p

mtfbwya

A: Only what you bring with you.

StarWarsPhreak is correct as is Astrotoy7. Luke was poised to potentially attack Joruus C'Boath, when the crazed clone jedi master killed all of the ysalamiri. Then Luke sensed a disturbance in the force, his own clone. According to the Thrawn Trilogy, clones go insane due to the shared mental bandwidth. Of course this is pretty much debunked in AOTC when we find out not only is Jango the host for the clones, but as well as for Boba Fett, and he's not insane.

Anyway, Luke duals Luuke. Luke holds Luke's lightsaber, whereas Luuke holds Anakin's lightsaber. Luke gets immobilized, and Mara jumps in. If memory serves, she holds Luke's lightsaber, while she duels Luuke holding Anakin's lightsaber.

If you want to be technical Leia was holding Leia's lightsaber, but she wasn't dueling.

O.k. here's a harder one

Q: This one has two parts.

Q1: Where and when was the first time Han Solo met Senator Garm Bel Iblis?

Q2: What was Han REALLY doing there?

well a person might say while he was investigating a bothan. but thats not true. the first time Han met Garm bel iblis was on corellia. he was at school and garm came to talk about something. Han was put to a dare by one of his friends to ask a certain question i cant remember right now.

anyway Han was getting taught at school :p

i hope that is the answer your looking for. Ill wait for confirmation.

Archived