Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A: well after some research i found out that its a nickname for the Anzat race of predators or something like that. and its first apearance was in episode 4. in the mos eisley cantina.

im trying to find a pic and its the guy smoking the pipe.

anzat04.jpg

anzat03.jpg

anzat02.jpg

hope its the right one.

Q: In SWKOTOR you had to get prestige on koriban. who were the 4 sith lords burried in the valley there.

Bonus: if you can tell something special what they had of each of em.

Ok....jedispy plz confirm answer(s) so I can assign the points. In the interim, I'm resuming the festivities

Wraith 8 & Sivy = correct on first & second parts. Han was a student in a class on planet Corellia. Senator Garm Bel Iblis was visiting that day and answered children's questions. Unbeknownst to the Senator is that Han was a slave for Garriss Shrike, a Corellian smuggler and pirate notorious for running scams. He used Han all throughout his childhood to run scams. Eventually Han escaped.

[AstroEDIT]1 point each to Wraith and Sivy

who were the 4 sith lords burried in the valley there.

Well I know one is Marko Ragnos. This is from Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith and also in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The others.....I'm guessing one is Naga Sadow, but I can't confirm that. Sorry...don't know the others.

<jedispy hangs his head in shame>

Originally posted by jedispy

<jedispy hangs his head in shame>

and so you should ! there is a new question in play ! :p

thanks for the confirmation btw :)

thus, continue

Q)why was Dash Render and has family banished from coruscant?

mtfbwya

His brother, a pilot, crashed into...an important buidling of some sort? Seems like it was the Emporers private museum or something like that. Close enough?

Q: What was unusual about the creatures that Talon Karde went safari hunting when he first met Mara Jade? Bonus, what were the creatures called?

hrm....don't know how I missed the other question in play. Perhaps a wizard did it. (ref simpson's episode with Lucy Lawless)

O.k.

As far as I can tell, no questions in play.

Q: What planet is host to the famed "Valley of the Jedi?"

Originally posted by jedispy

As far as I can tell, no questions in play.

jeezalu, Shok what type of an answer is *that*....if you were too lazy to look it up, dont bother answering...

*No points awarded*

CapN, can you confirm the *full* answer for posterity's sake... is it ysalimir ?

Jedispy I applaud your enthusiasm, but CapNs question was in play. Shoks answer was far from conclusive, and there were no refs listed.....

*points to the rules*

3. ONE ACTIVE QUESTION AT A TIMEIf you are reasonably confident of your answer, have answered all question components and provided references, you may ask a question. If details of your answer are incorrect, this will be clarified and may affect whether you are assigned points.

therefore, if are only speculating you CANNOT ask a question

eg. Hmm.. i think you are referring to Grand Admiral Thrawn, but im not sure and cant remember where I read it...

now you know ! :p

anyway, jedispy's question is the active question........

and I shall answer it :)

There are many interesting things about the Valley, including thought bombs and adegan crystals, its location is of course Ruusan... source... DF2:JK1

and so...

Q. What was special about Corran Horn's lightsaber ?

mtfbwya

A) t'is was a silver blade and had a dual-phase crystal, which meant it can grow up to twice as long.

Q) Clone wars question - Who is pictured in my avatar and how did he died?

Bonus - who was his master?

A) He is Sha'a Gi. He was killed on Hypori by General Greivous when he ran out into the open because of fear brought on by the recent death of his master, Daakman Barrek. Source: Clone Wars cartoon.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

jeezalu, Shok what type of an answer is *that*....if you were too lazy to look it up, dont bother answering...

*No points awarded*

Hey, since when are bonuses required. I had to go to class, so I just answered what I knew from memory rather then doing the research. And as far as giving a source, that hasn't been enforced in a while.

Here is the plenty of time, satisfying answer:

They were sentient, which is uncommon amongst creatures that are hunted. The creatures are called Morodin. Source: Tales from the Empire.

Q) Who was chief of security at Jabba's Palace?

Shok is completely correct this time. And as far as I was concerned, he was correct with the "sentient" answer in the first place. He just missed the bonus point part. But hey, there's a reason Astro's a mod and I'm not. So the ball's in his court. I was satisfied with your answer though.

Also, was my answer about Dash Rendars family correct or close enough? BTW, I forgot completely about the source part. It's been a while since I posted here. Sorry 'bout that. My source is of course, Shadows of the Empire.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

Hey, since when are bonuses required. I had to go to class, so I just answered what I knew from memory rather then doing the research. And as far as giving a source, that hasn't been enforced in a while.

Here is the plenty of time, satisfying answer:

They were sentient, which is uncommon amongst creatures that are hunted. The creatures are called Morodin. Source: Tales from the Empire.

ah crap :( This is what happens when astro does his modding at 4am.... I didnt even see the word bonus in caps sentence :(

apologies to shok and 2 points awarded retrospectively

1 point to Cap for the Dash Rendar question too :p

OK ! Tally Time ! :D

EU Tally 5.jpg

Phreak - Once again - The Winner is j00 !!

Shok must also be congratulated for another good performance.

I present you both with an astounding gift :p

PhreakShok card.jpg

*sigh* ...Phreak's domination is getting out of hand... lucky for you phreak I am the quizmaster and cant give you the EU pwnage you deserve :p

back to the funneh

Q) Who was chief of security at Jabba's Palace?

mtfbwya

Aha! But I do not have a Noghri bodyguard to stab me in the back!

A: Ephant Mon. He and Jabba were, amazingly, actually friends. After Jabba was killed, Mon quit his criminal ways and retired to his homeword.

No idea about Sources.

Q: Who all helped rescue Han from the Pride of Yevetha?

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

Q) What adult name did Mara suggest for the Qom Qae that helped her and Luke on Nirauan?

This is purely from memory, but I'm thinking Skywalker? Or Walker of Sky? I can't remember, and the book is in Florida...

Source [would be] the Thrawn Duology.

Shok can confirm and ask a new question if I got it right.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

This is purely from memory, but I'm thinking Skywalker? Or Walker of Sky? I can't remember, and the book is in Florida...

Source [would be] the Thrawn Duology.

Shok can confirm and ask a new question if I got it right.

"Jedi Sky Walker" and "Walker of Sky" are what the Qom Qae and Qom Jha referred to Luke as (respectively)....

Tanesh is correct. Jade suggested "Friend of Jedi" for the Qom Qae who helped her and Luke, in Vision of the Future...

since Tanesh has passed, here's the next question ...

Q. Who was Sate Pestage ? What became of him ?

Like I said, from memory :p

A: Sate Pestage is Palpatine's "Grand Vizier." He was the Emperor's trusted advisor, and during the PT, he was a senatorial aide.

I assume he died at hands of Admiral Krennel (The Rogue Squadron comics), but apparently, that was a clone, and the real pestage retired to Byss to await the Emperor's return. He died when Byss was destroyed. I guess the Byss part would be in the Dark Empire comics. I don't remember that though...

Since I'm sure I answered it right, I'm gonna ask a question.

Q: What is the importance of Drongar during the Clone Wars?

Yay - I have 1 point!

A: I havnt seen the clone wars! :mad: so Ive got this from starwars.com

Drongar was a planet. It had a plant called bota which helped in medicine. I guess that the plant was usful in the wars but i dont know

Im not going to ask a question as i dont think that is the whole/correct answer

Archived