Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

*pimpslaps Astro* know your place foo!**

A: Well, there's the Z-95 Headhunter which a civilian and pirate favorite. It looks like an X-Wing except no s-foils.

Then the X-Wing comes. It... looks like an X-Wing. The Rebels use it throughout the Rebellion and New Republic.

Then we have the XJ-Xwing. Which is a new and pimped out X-Wing that the Jedi Order was using at the time of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. It is basically an X-Wing but new technology and junk.

I'll throw this one in, but we could argue whether it is an X-Wing precurser or not:

ARC-170. The only reason anyone says it's an X-Wing precurser is the S-Foils, but it really doesn't look like an X-Wing. It's big and looks clunky, but it does have a rear gunner which you would think would be able to keep things off their back.

The last bit can really be arguable.

Since I don't know if this is to your satisfactory, no question asked.

**Again... not being serious :/

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

hmm... interesting. But you see, if you are just limiting the content to what was actually said in the movie, then the questions will be fairly limited. It would also be damn easy for the likes of EU TITANS like me and phreak :p

...So rather than "who owned the cantina" which is an EU question, a movie *only* trivia thread will have things like "how many systems was the alien who confronted Luke in the Cantina wanted on ??" is that what you mean....

I wouldnt mind hearing what phreak has to say...of course Astro would have to be given extra powers if he was to run such a thread over at the OT section....

I'll keep you posted :)

I think it would work. If you or Phreak dont want to mod it then i can be promoted into a mod :p and i could mod it.

Also the questions for the OT could work. Or i guess it could be on all 5 (6 after ep3). I dont think the questions would be too bad and lets be honest - not all the questions in this one are as hard as they could be for "EU TITANS" as you would say. In fact the questions on the OT (and/or PT) would be fine. (And the answer is 12 systems.)

And if it is below you then you dont have to join.

---------------

no way am i posting an answer - especially after saying that to a mod.

Originally posted by guybroom

I think it would work. If you or Phreak dont want to mod it then i can be promoted into a mod :p and i could mod it.

Guybroom, as per the rules, try and keep your posts re- the tquestions and answers. If tou have any further questions about this, PM me. :)

anwyay, I have submitted the idea to the other mods. I have volunteered to mod it. This thread needs a bit of maintenance, and so will that, so I am pleased to do it.

Yes, it will be about all 6 ilms(eventually after may!) and will probably be located in the cantina. It all really depends on what the s-mods/admins have to say... as I said, I'll keep ya posted (check my sig!)

oh yeah, 2 points to phreak :p

I'll give a very brief rundown re the XWs. Needless to say, they were derived from ships you will see in ep3. They were used in Galactic Civil War times by the Alliance, and after the defeat of the emperor the New Republic gained control of the corporation that designed and produced them(Incom).

The Xwing evolved somewhat, including losing their astromech socket. Towards the post thrawn/Njo era, the xwings were further tweaked, leading to models such as the XJ, XJA and XJX...

Q. Where is Mon Mothma from ? How is this significant ?

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

A) Mon Mothma was from Chandrila. This was significant because it was one of the few worlds that openly opposed the Empire.

Q) What was cell Jenth-44?

A. Jenth 44 was the name given to an Imp sleeper cell on Pakrik Minor, created by Thrawn. this was in VOTF of course :)

Q. What was Alpha Red ? Why was it created and how was it used ??

mtfbwya

A: Alpha Red is a biological weapon created by New Republic Intelligence. It was to be used against the Yuuzhan Vong in the war. It was apparently tested on this "Caluula" planet, and it was overly successful, but the project was scrapped after the Yuuzhan Vong surrender.

Q: What is the Diversity Alliance, and who was the leader?

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

Q: What is the Diversity Alliance, and who was the leader?

Ha ! Phreak reads YJJ :p Interestingly enough this political group came to prominence more thana decade after ROTJ. They demanded equal rights for non-humans(as opposed to teh Emperors New Order for example) and some of the more outspoken of its members condoned acts of violence against humans in order to achieve this... The group was based on Ryloth, its leader being a Twilek by the name of Tarkona. The DA dissappeared into the ether after Tarkona vanished... In some countries this book in the YJJ series is called "The Emperors Plague" , in others(including here in Oz, it is simply called "The Diversity Alliamnce..."

Q. Name 6 "Antilles" - include the 3 in the movies.... give a very brief description :)

BONUS : pic of at least one not from the movies :)

mtfbwya

Looks like no question in play.

Q: Before proven false by the events of Attack of the Clones, according to EU, what was the relationship between Obi Wan Kenobi and Owen Lars?

Bonus: List the source (I can't remember what book it was in, so this is on the honor system)

Originally posted by jedispy

Looks like no question in play.

Q: Before proven false by the events of Attack of the Clones, according to EU, what was the relationship between Obi Wan Kenobi and Owen Lars?

Bonus: List the source (I can't remember what book it was in, so this is on the honor system)

firstly, Shok I did ask for a very brief description of the antilles named...

You can add them in if you want the full two points :)

He he...the "Obi wan's brother" conundrum is one of the *very very rare* cases that two sources of G-level canon(movie related stuff from Goerge Lucas himself) actually contradicts/overrules itself...

In the ROTJ novelisation, when obi wan was chatting to Luke on Dagobah, he dropped this bit of info...

It was also mentioned in a post TPM/pre AOTC "Jedi Apprentice" Novel about Obi Wan as a padawan...

however, excluding this second source, it can always be argued that Ben was simply lying to Luke, like he often did before, and using that "certain point of view" excuse to justify it....

anyways. The Lars' connection to anakin is more esatblished, since Owen is his step-brother. This better explains why they would take on the responsibility of looking after Luke, as opposed to Obi Wans brother...

Q. Name 2 ships that belonged specifically to Mara Jade. What became of them ?

bonus : pic of at least one

mtfbwya

firstly, Shok I did ask for a very brief description of the antilles named...

oops. I can't believe I missed that. I knew it seemed strange for that to not be there. Okay, here goes:

Wedge Antilles- Corellian fighter pilot; only one to survive both death star runs

Syal Antilles- Wedge's sister; married Soontir Fel

Jagged and Zena Antilles- Parents of Wedge and Syal; owned a fuel depot on Gus Treta; killed by pirates

Captain Antilles- Captain of the Tantive IV; previous owner of Artoo and Threepio

Bail Antilles- one of the people nominated to take over in place of Chancelor Valorum

Q. Name 2 ships that belonged specifically to Mara Jade. What became of them ?

bonus : pic of at least one

I count 3, but I'm guessing the 2 you mean are Jade's Fire and Jade's Saber (the other is Jade's Shadow). The Jade's Fire was crashed into the Hand of Thrawn, destroying both. The Jade's Saber was destroyed by the Yuuzhan Vong on Dantooine.

I still pass on the question

...I count 3, but I'm guessing the 2 you mean are Jade's Fire and Jade's Saber (the other is Jade's Shadow). The Jade's Fire was crashed into the Hand of Thrawn, destroying both. The Jade's Saber was destroyed by the Yuuzhan Vong on Dantooine.

I still pass on the question

Indeed there were 3... nice work :)

Now, It's TALLY TIME !!

EU tally 6.jpg

[/Correction = Shok actually got 5 pts that round]

well actually, the winner is ME :p But leading the rest of the pack was Phreak again, with 8 points :)

$10 in monopoly money to anyone that can give phreak a run for his money(apart from me)...c'mon shok and jedispy - either of you ought to be able to do it :p

In the interim, I present this to myself and phreak :p

Astro Vs Phreak.jpg

seeing Shok has passed, here's another from your trusty quizmaster :p

Q. Name the Bothan State of War that advocated the total annihilation of an enemy ? Who was it declared on ?

* * * no takers ? * * *

A. The Third Stage of war is called A'krai (or thereabouts) It was declared by the Bothans on the Yuuzhan Vong.

New Question for ya'll then :p

Q. What is an ugly ? Who commomly used them ?

Bonus : Pic

mtfbwya

Q. What is an ugly ? Who commomly used them ?

Bonus : Pic

mtfbwya [/b]

An 'ugly' either a conglomoration of various starfighter parts (including, but not limited to, A-Wings, Y-Wings, X-Wings, and various TIEs) or a Tri-Fighter, a standard TIE cockpit with three wings mounted at 120 degree intervals, two laser cannons, an ion cannon, and more shielding than a normal TIE fighter. The uglies were imployed by various pirates, including the Invids, the pirate crews that raided for Admiral Leonia Tavira, commander of the Invidous Imperial-class Star Destroyer. My source is the Michael A. Stackpole novel I, Jedi.

Pic of a Tri-Fighter:

http://www.jed1kn1ght.fsnet.co.uk/-=matt=-worldofstuff/sw/ships/clutch.jpg

Q: Who is, at the time of I, Jedi, Rogue Ten? What is his race? What right among his race does he have?

Q) What was the Keeramak?

Firstly, I'd like to announce the Movie trivia thread is up at the cantina. Follow my sig to get you there if interested :)

A. The Keeramak a Ssi-Ruuvi that was born, according to prophecy, to incorporate all the castes into one being. After alot of political intrigue between the Bakurans and the Pweck, the Keeramak was actually shot by a Pweck named Lwothin. This all occurred in Force Heretic II in the NJO of course :)

Q. In the Thrawn Trilogy, what did Luke have to return to Dagobah to find ?

mtfbwya

A: Well....not so much an A as it is an attempted A. I can't remember too well.

If memory serves, Luke was going to Dagobah to find materials for further instruction (such as a journal or a holocron.) What he did find is that Yoda's hut was completely overtaken by the tree. Also he found a device used in slave circuits to call one's ship if needed.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

Originally posted by jedispy

A: Well....not so much an A as it is an attempted A. I can't remember too well.

If memory serves, Luke was going to Dagobah to find materials for further instruction (such as a journal or a holocron.) What he did find is that Yoda's hut was completely overtaken by the tree. Also he found a device used in slave circuits to call one's ship if needed.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

hey, thats good enough for me :) I was actually after the slave circuits bit on its own... which leads me to :

Q. What were the origin of the slave circuits found on dagobah during TTT ?

mtfbwya

A) It was from the yatch of Jorj Car'das, who was a very sucessful smuggler. He had been injured from an encounter with a dark jedi, and healed by Yoda. He returned to Yoda for more healing, but Yoda tossed it the beckon call (along with Car'das' blaster) into the jungle, then sent Car'das away (suggesting he might seek out the Aiing-Ti monks). This is all from the Hand of Thrawn duology.

Q) What weapon used on the forearms was developed by Kar Vastor?

Q) What weapon used on the forearms was developed by Kar Vastor?

Kar Vastor was a crazy critter who sharpened his teeth and wore vibroblades on his arms. From Shatterpoint of course :p

Q. What are the Tierfon Yellow Aces ? What were they known for ?

mtfbwya

I cant give an answer and I think i might quit from this trivia thread. It was worth a try, but I hardly understand any of what you are talking about being that i have read none of the EU.

I will try to play with the film version of the thread though, but I doubt i will be back in this thread. Well, not for a long time anyway.

Bye

Q. What are the Tierfon Yellow Aces ? What were they known for ?

A) They were an X-Wing squadron from the early days of the Alliance, and were known for containing such pilots as Wes Janson and Jek Porkins. Source: Wraith Squadron.

Q) What human was often mistaken for a droid, because of his name? What else is interesting about his name?

A) They were an X-Wing squadron from the early days of the Alliance, and were known for containing such pilots as Wes Janson and Jek Porkins. Source: Wraith Squadron.

Q) What human was often mistaken for a droid, because of his name? What else is interesting about his name?

Hmm...the only think I can think of is Lobot...that bold dude that hung around with Lando on ESB

Lobot is mistaken for a droid firstly because of the interface sticking out o fhis head, but also because that hedgear has affected the way he speaks.., making him talk in short sentences like a droid.

The name "Lobot" is interesting, as in medical parlance, the word Lobotomy describes a removal/destruction of part of the brain. In Lobots case, part of his brain has been supplanted by a compy..

source : Essential Gude to Characters :p and my own massiv emedical knowledge :p

Let me know if that is what you were after Shok...

Q. Did the emperor have any kids ? Name them and what happenned to them ?

mtfbwya

It isn't. The one I was thinking of is mistaken for a droid, because his name sounds like a droid's name.

Lo-bot.... sounds droidish :)

ah, Shok it seems you have fallen into the "Rogue Nine Snare", asking questions that people can come up with more than one valid answer for :p Dont worry, we've all done it :p

c'mon, just tell us who you were thinking of then ! You can either ask a new question or pass :)

*quickly, Im not gettin any younger !* :p

mtfbwya

Archived