Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

Q) Who is Jai Maruk's apprentice? How did this person come to be his apprentice?

A teenage girl named "Scout"ends up becoming Jai Maruks padawan after winning a tournament at the jedi temple. This is from Dark Rendezvous IIRC

Q. Anakin made 3po from parts in watto's junk shop, but who would have originally made threepios components ??

mtfbwya

A. I'm not sure if this is what you are asking, but I'll answer anyway. Originally, protocol droids of 3PO's brand are made by Cybot Galactica. Source, SWCCG.

Pass on a question since I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for

Indeed you are correct jedispy, I will accept the SWCCG as a reference, but it has been mentioned in numerous books and "Essential Guides" of course...

Q. Who is Raith Sienar ? What is he responsible for ? By what unscrupulous means did he achieve this ?

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Q. Who is Raith Sienar ? What is he responsible for ? By what unscrupulous means did he achieve this ?

A: Sienar Design Systems systems anyone? I believe he developed the outlines for what would become the TIE Fighter.

He did do some junk with Zonama Sekot. Something about trying to steal a Sekotan starship.

Your question is too vague...

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

....Your question is too vague...

*BZZT* The classic response of someone who aint be knowin jack :p

Raith Sienar was initially a pilot and engineer, but became involved in starship design after working among the Xi Char on Charros IV. (These were the beings that *designed* the trade federations Droid Starfighters)...

Basically, he stole alot of their ideas, which he subsequently used when designing concepts upon which Sienar Design Systems was founded. One of his projects included Darth Maul's Infiltrator... He did also come in contact with Zonama Sekot. Yes, this was during Rogue Planet and he was pretty much responsible for the planet dissapearing to parts unknown(to be later found by Luke Skywalker in the NJO)...

source, Rogue Planet, Labyrinth of Evil

Q. What is an IG series droid ? Who is responsible for its creation ?

mtfbwya

A: I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to say that IG series droids are battle droids created by the techno union army (possibly Trade Federation of Banking Clan, but I'm sticking with my answer). IG-88 is one of said droids. Of course, since we're talking EU, and not movie cannon, then there were 4 IG-88 models. (IG-88a, b, c, and d).

All four IG-88's had a shared collective intelligence and awareness. 88A was terminated on Cloud City and left for rubble in the garbage pit. 88B was killed by Boba Fett over Tatooine. 88C was terminated by Dash Rendar on Ord Mantell's junk wasteland. 88D assimilated itself into the computer systems of Death Star #2, and would have wreaked horrible death and destruction if it had not been for the rebels' attack run in orbit of Endor.

If I am completely off base, then I am sorry. I hope I can get a bonus for my 1337 h@x0r EU skillz on providing the possibly useless IG-88 info. Pass on a question either way.

OOp....no correct answer yet.

They were orignally created by the InterGalactic Banking Clan. I watched Clone Wars again, and they have a ton of IG series droids that attack the clone troopers. I wish to change that part of my answer. Shok is also right though, IG-88 was made by Holowan labs. He became self aware, and killed everyone in the lab. MMm....the wonder of science.

Homer: Wonders Lisa...or blunders??

Lisa: That was implied

Homer: Implied Lisa...or implode??

So who gets the point?

still, I pass on a question either way

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

*BZZT* The classic response of someone who aint be knowin jack :p

Because someone aint be asking good questions. You have to be more specific. ;)

As for the IG droids, once again, someone ignores EU. In Ep3, General Grievous's Magna bodyguards are called IGs. I remember an IG-101 from the ROTS novel.

And there are also those IG droids in the Clone Wars Season One.

Originally posted by jedispy

I watched Clone Wars again, and they have a ton of IG series droids that attack the clone troopers.

I haven't read the ROTS novelisation. Not interested in EP3 spoilers. That's why I didn't read Lord of the Rings until after I saw the movies. I didn't want to know how it ends. It's bad enough I already know how Darth Vader dies.

Because someone aint be asking good questions. You have to be more specific. ;)

Cmon phreak, dont get upset...unless you've read Labyrtinth of Evil it is unlikely you wouldve gotten my question right....thats why its didnt make much sense because you thought I was referring to the Rogue Planet stuff only....

anyway....

ALL the IG series droids were commissioned by a common patron...

the InterGalactic Banking Clan. They even paid for the Geonosians to knock Grievous Together ....

close, jedispy but no cigar :)

Q. What species in the organic remnant of General Grievous ?

*answering this question will NOT ruin the movie for anyone*

mtfbwya

Astro needs to make sure his possible answeres aren't conflicting

pft....conflicts...in EU? Perish the thought!!

Conflicts such as...what is the Maw? The answer may seem simple enough, but the description seems to sharply change from

Phreak, read carefully ? :p

ALL the IG series droids were commissioned by a common patron...

the InterGalactic Banking Clan. They even paid for the Geonosians to knock Grievous Together ....

the IG Banking Clan *COMMISSIONED* them,ie. they *PAID* for them ..... Oters, such as the Geonosians, Baktoid Corp and Holowan Labs *DESIGNED & ASSEMBLED* them :D

like the sw.com linky said

and the legions of mechanized troops used by the Trade Federation and other corporate interests paved the way for legislation that eventually did away with the soulless infantry.

Relics from that era still exist, such as the battered chrome war droid known as IG-88.....

What jedispy has mentioned about teh CWars cartoon is correct. It is also further corroborated in what Im reading in Labyrinth of Evil.....

OK, the question was

Q. What species in the organic remnant of General Grievous ?

no, not a Trandoshan Rogue Fifteen :)

A. Grievous tale is a sad an interesting one. Needless to say, he has been manipulated by the Separatists, and Sidious and Dooku in terrible ways to become what he is... read LoE for more :)

His species is Khaleesh...

new question :p

Q. Sidious was apprentice to which Sith Master ?

mtfbwya

I'll just explain with this:

"Form IV is the most acrobatic Form, heavily emphasizing Jedi abilities to run, jump, and spin in phenomenal ways by using the Force. Masters of Form IV incorporate all of the ways in which the Force helps them go beyond what is physically possible. Their lightsaber combat is astonishing to watch, filled with elaborate moves in the center of which a Jedi may be all but a blur. Yoda, with his deep emphasis on the Force in all things, is a Form IV master. Form IV was also the chosen discipline of Qui-Gon Jinn and the early choice of his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi."

My question:

Who was Han Solo's adoptive mother?

Ok, I'll let Astro award you a point for that, but my question is still up for grabs if anyone can tell me the name mace Windu used when talking about Yoda's lightsaber style, and why Yoda uses said lightsaber style?

A: a Wookiee named Dewlanna.

I don't know the name, but I figure the why must have something to do with how small he is. His arms aren't long enough to be much of a challenge to taller lightsaber users. The acrobatics compensate.

If I were venture a guess as to what Mace Windu called it I'd say "the form of the bad @$$ mutha F$%#@!!!"

Man I love Samuel Jackson.

Originally posted by jedispy

...If I were venture a guess as to what Mace Windu called it I'd say "the form of the bad @$$ mutha F$%#@!!!"

id venture to say thats not the answer phreak is looking for.... :p

Phreak, I know jediknight_114 gets the point but what were you after ?

Yes, Dewlanna is correct of course :)

movin along :)

Q. Name the Devarionian member of Rogue Squadron ?

mtfbwya

Yoda is master of Atari, and he has mastered frogger and ms pac man...

interesting ;)

now back to the questions plz :)

Q. Name the Devaronian member of Rogue Squadron ?

[EDIT] No takers... The answer is Kapp Dendo... he mainly appeared in the hella cool Xwing comics :)

New Question ?

Q. Which Wookie had a speech impediement that proved advantageous ? What was its benefit ??

mtfbwya

Archived