Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sith special in Star Wars Insider/Star Wars Magazine states that Revan and Malak were indeed the first known Darth's; Kreia/Traya trained Revan when she was still a Jedi. It was only after his turn to the dark side that she became corrupted by Malachor 5. So point Davin.

Darth Revan and Darth Malak are generally believed to be the first Dark Lords to use the title. Given that much of their power was derived from the Star Forge, a creation of the extinct Rakata species, some historians see "Darth" as a corruption of Daritha, the Rakatan word for "Emperor".

Similarly, others note that the word for "trumph" or "conquest" in Rakatan is darr, and the word for "death" is tah. This has led to theories that "Darth" is derived from darr tah and means "triumph over death" or "immortal". A competing theory asserts that the true meaning of darr tah is "conquest trough death"...of ones enemies.

Numerous other cultures or species can -and do- make similar claims to the etymology of the Darth title. But great are the mysteries of the dark side, and in the end there is no definiteve answer.

Assuming you mean the Millenium Falcon...

A: In LotF, Bloodlines (an awesome read), the Falcon was unable to take any more, and began falling apart on the way to Coruscant. The year was 40 ABY.

Pass if I'm right, don't have any good questions on the mind right now.

PouiyWired, please wait for answer confirmation... Fosh is in fact incorrect about the Falcon question(but correct about the Nightsisters) :)

therefore, my question is active again.... please note, I said "first destroyed"

Q. When and how was the falcon first destroyed ?? Dont forget to name the source reference.(ie. what book it was in)

mtfbwya

In which book? I would really love to read it :3

I would think it is the Farlander Papers that were part the Tie Fighter Flight Sim's guidebook or thereabouts but Pouiy could confirm it 100%

@Davin... sorry. I am referring to the Milennium Falcon!! Anyway, the book that first describes the Falcon being torn to shreds, is from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, Jedi Search

js.cover.3.jpg

anyway, current question stays open.

Q: Name the first city on Bespin. What happened to it?

mtfbwya

The first city on Bespin was Cloud City. It was overrun by the CIS during the Clone Wars.

Lando Carlissian later won the title Baron Administrator of the city, he won this title by winning Dominic Raynor (who was the Baron of Cloud City at the time if I remember correctly) in a Sabacc tournament.

The first city on Bespin was Cloud City. It was overrun by the CIS during the Clone Wars.

Lando Carlissian later won the title Baron Administrator of the city, he won this title by winning Dominic Raynor (who was the Baron of Cloud City at the time if I remember correctly) in a Sabacc tournament.

I think he is referring to that other Bespin city described in the WoTC source...

we'll wait for confirmation on this none. If Pho3nix isnt right I can supply the other answer :)

mtfbwya

@Davin... sorry. I am referring to the Milennium Falcon!! Anyway, the book that first describes the Falcon being torn to shreds, is from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, Jedi Search

js.cover.3.jpg

anyway, current question stays open.

mtfbwya

God, and I just read that! Shameful.

@Poiuy: Man, you've posted a stumper, I'm clueless!

Actually Ugnorgrad is...

Dude.

Tibannopolis was the second largest city on Bespin.

The city was constructed in close orbit around the gas giant, and its builders hoped it would one day rival Cloud City in terms of both gas mining and popularity. Its inability to compete on these terms, caused its citizens to gradually abandon it during the ferocious Clone Wars.

Ugnorgrad was the defacto capital of the Ugnaught Surface facility, a floating colony built by the Ugnaughts in orbit around the planet Bespin.

The city was named after the legendary Boss Ugnor, and was the retirement location of many Ugnaughts hailing from the Cloud City workforce. They preferred Ugnorgrad and the Ugnaught Surface to staying in Cloud City, and also felt no need to travel back to their homeplanet of Gentes, due to all the time and work spent on the Bespin colonies.

Significant locations in Ugnorgrad included the Ugnorgrad Performance Hall and the start of the Ugnorgrad Swampway skimmer race course.

In the early years of the New Republic, the Ugnaught King Ozz was the ruler of Ugnorgrad.

Bespin History

History

The planet was first colonized in 1,989 BBY when Lord Ecclessis Figg first commissioned Cloud City, to be built by the Incom Corporation at the same time.

Therefore...

The First Floating City on Bespin Was CLOUD CITY

Hmmm... funny, cause I have two sources confirming Tibannopolis predating Cloud City. One being the databank on Galactic Battlegrounds, the other I saw on one of those graphic illustrations book (need to dig it out to find the name)

"... replusorlift cities are notoriously hard to build... The first such settlements, know as Tibannopolis, Lies disused and crumbling several kilometers away from Cloud City. It is a haven for smugglers and individual prospectors..."

BUT, from the Description it DOES seem that Bespin may be the first city also. I think I will give Foshjedi2004 the point. Now Ugnorgrad (its also kinda a city) is also quite interesting.

Lets move on to he next question then, anyone?

Archived