Home

OMG..... This really really sucks.

IG-64

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's horrible :(

Both one of my friends' family and my cousin's family are there, but i hear they're ok...

Still, it's just... so incredibly sad, and I also heard that entire islands with up to 70000 inhabitants might have been wiped out... :(

Nature destroys... A lot of power there. Condolences to all the families :(

One thing I hate about the media in cases like these is this:

The State Department said three Americans have been identified as being among those killed.

3 Americans amongst 11 000. I mean, does it even goddang matter?

Originally posted by Alegis

The State Department said three Americans have been identified as being among those killed.

Exactly the same in my country..hate it

What country are you from weiderudare?

I wish I knew... I got lost on the way to the toilet and forgot how to get back:p

Word. It sickens me. This really sucks. What I'd like to know is, why did the puplicize Spain's 3/11 and the U.S.A.'s 9/11 more than this. This event is sometimes getting hard to find. More people were killed in this than 9/11, 3/11, and the War in Iraq put together.

They need aid. Now. I know Bush won't send a lot, as he is a fool...

This is affecting me a lot, as I am Indian, and the Indian East Coast was affected by this. Only thing is, I think all of my relatives are in the middle, South, North, or West sides of India. But, just because my relatives are safe doesn't make me happy. I am sorry for the families of those 11,000+ killed people.

This is a sad day.

:fett:

that makes it sound as if americans are more "valuable" than anyone else on the planet....i mean wtf? we are the same as anyone else on the planet....we all breathe the same air...some is cleaner than others but its all the same air....same as water....i just dont understand anymore....

Yes, it is sad, but it is the way (many) Americans have been brought up, to think that anything that happens beyond their borders is of trivial matter.

Anyways, nature's fury cannot (yet) be controlled, and this event shows what nature can do to us if we are caught unprepared.

They always do that, it's so annoying. But that's what our government needs to find out so the media covers it.

Everyone will have forgotten about it in a week.

Just reminded me of a thing I read in a newspaper once.

on the page, an article about a couple who lives in a cave (new age thing)

Below it, crammed in at the bottom it says:

"600 africans killed in witch-hunt"

I check news-sites..I mean, witch-hunts today? 600 people? take that times 50 and thats how many people that are affected by it.

I came up with nothing.

Originally posted by Majin Revan

Word. It sickens me. This really sucks. What I'd like to know is, why did the puplicize Spain's 3/11 and the U.S.A.'s 9/11 more than this. This event is sometimes getting hard to find. More people were killed in this than 9/11, 3/11, and the War in Iraq put together.

Because, this is a force of nature. The 9/11 and 3/11 attacks were by people, terroists. And for Americans... well, its obvious why it's publized. For other countries, because everyone thought we were so powerful and no one could attack us.

yes indeed. Phuket, the Thai island I was at in september this year was devastated :(

Some of our regular posters are from asia/india - I hope they and their families are OK....

I hope they check in with us to let us know theyre OK

*CrowNest

*Sabretooth

*Majin Revan(IIRC)

When you see the Red Cross(etc) people around collecting donationsmake sure you contribute whatever you can to help these people and their families whose lives has been devastated by this tragic event

mtfbwya

"3 Americans" -- **** the Americans, how about the other 69,997 people?

Jesus.

Can't believe this wasn't publicized. Well, I can.

Poor people.

It's natural to mention the number of people from your country who were struck by the tidal wave just so people can know if a relative got stuck there...well not really but hey, which country doesn't?

What makes me sad is the amount of money the richest government on the planet will give to these people.

I remember the Hurricane in Haiti.

Money given by Canadian government: 20 000 000$(not exactly this but this is what I remembered, could've been only 2 000 000)

Money given by the European Union: 24 000 000$

Money given by US goverment: 77 000$

Yay.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

... And simultaniously, a great time to bitch about America..... :rolleyes:

this is the thing Cap....unless you DONT live in America, you will never have an idea of the healthy international disrespect your fine nation has accrued :p

Still, Im sure the western nations will chip in heaps to help rebuild, otherwise where will we all go to rest our fat cans when on holiday and throw around our affluence like its going outta style :(

Back to immediate concerns :

*It seems Majins OK, I hope sabre and Crow will check in and let us know theyre OK

mtfbwya

Archived