Home

sv_maxclients not reporting correctly

Amidala from Chop Shop

I am running the Red Slushie mod 1.1 under Linux, and there is a problem. The server.cfg file has seta sv_maxclients 24, the jampserver.cfg shows seta sv_maxclients 24, and querying the server with rcon returns sv_maxclients 24. But the All Seeing Eye and Qtracker show 6/0 clients when there are 6 humans or bots (bot_minplayers is 6). When there were 7 players on, it showed 7/-2 on the server tracker on my website.

Also, sv_maxclients isn't listed among the server info cvars shown by ASE and Qtracker.

Players are also getting dropped from the server after they are killed.

Any ideas?

Maybe you broke it. :)

What do the clients say when you check it in game?

My best guess is that the redslushie guys accidently changed the cvar flags for that cvar.

*shameless plug* On a side note, I finally fixed the server side only crash problem that OJP Basic was having. If you're interested, you're welcome to use it on your server(s).

That would be great.

Anyway, I've checked the code and sure enough, the sv_maxclients cvar's property flags can be changed with the SDK code. They need to go back and make sure that they didn't change the cvar's original flags.

The original settings are....

{ &g_maxclients, "sv_maxclients", "8", CVAR_SERVERINFO | CVAR_LATCH | CVAR_ARCHIVE, 0, qfalse },

didnt... its still:

{ &g_maxclients, "sv_maxclients", "8", CVAR_SERVERINFO | CVAR_LATCH | CVAR_ARCHIVE, 0, qfalse },

would have too many cvars do that ?

i cba too count but i have added over 80 not including the weapons stuff that stu added.

i really dont know whats causing this, it works fine in windows so stubert is gonna take a look at the linux compile even though we use universal ...

players getting dropped after killed has to do with the scoreboard i believe. or they have the client that is looking for the extra stuff that was taken out to not require the client.

there isnt too many that i added with that but i think its the windows objects thingy.

err my edit didnt work above... it said that stubert figured out that linux was using the windows objects for some reason so he is gonna have too clean out his compiler somehow. that should fix it hopefully :D

How about the fact that I have a "sets" cvar? I know "sets" cvars caused some stability problems with earlier versions of xmod2 and JA+ mod. I had one "sets" cvar (sets "Admin E-Mail" "adminamidala@comcast.net"). I have taken it out. I'll try rebooting the server with the current version of RS but no "sets" cvar the next time the server is empty.

Originally posted by ensiform

we arent stupid but the windows objects in the linux compiler was causing it sry thx for the suggestion though. plz close this topic.

ensiform, having error or bugs in a mod does not mean that you are stupid...

It is even normal...

i don't know who think you are stupid, but it is not me...

If my words make you think that i said you are stupid...

please sorry, i am not english and therefore, i can say things that have a different meaning in english minds...

this said,

you had this problem using GCC ?

Archived