Home

Can play as Jedi in next game ideas

How about in the next Battlefront game you can play as a Jedi but only like if you have alot of exp and make the game something like Halo 2 and where people have levels and stuff and you can only be a Jedi if your like level 20 and you could use the force powers in JK JA and you can run up walls and stuff. But if it was SP then you just need to beat every map on the game to be a Jedi.

Originally posted by Silver X

How about in the next Battlefront game you can play as a Jedi but only like if you have alot of exp and make the game something like Halo 2 and where people have levels and stuff and you can only be a Jedi if your like level 20 and you could use the force powers in JK JA and you can run up walls and stuff. But if it was SP then you just need to beat every map on the game to be a Jedi.

What do you mean?

Because that's about the only big-scale war with lots of jedi in the movies.

So you want a jedi that is uber powerful? It's like getting spawnkilled by a vehicle but worse if you're pushed down etc.

or the jedi it's just like jedi academy pushing down stormtroopers. It wouldn't make a good game and don't forget the mantra of SWBF: you are a grunt.

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmh ... I think that jedi aren't exactly a vital addition to SWBF ... I'd prefer to see a lot of other changes and additions first... but I like the limited amount/earned-class-idea somewhat. A few poorly skilled jedi (that won't be able to reflect every blaster shot with their lightsaber and are unable to push around armies with a wink of their little finger), equipped with light sabers and a weak force push or chain lightning might be a good idea on a few maps, though I don't think I'd like to see Jedi all over the galaxy. How about Stormtroopers with Ysalamiris on their back as a hard counter? ;)

Wait, you'd go to war with a living creature on your back?

Pfft, I might as well play as a Destroyer droid only. I'd like to see anything get through thouse shields.

Anyway, if the Jedi were tooo weak, what's the point? Never take a knife to a gun fight and all that...

I don't want to harm poor furry Ysalamiris ...

But you have to bring sacrifices, for the good of the Empire - and the Ysalamiris would surely willingly assist our cause, if they could understand it. Anyway, it's for their own good, it protects them as well ... just think of all those nasty Ewoks and Wookies whose greedy maws are salivating constantly when thinking about roasted Ysalamiri steak!

And no one complains about rebel scum, forcing innocent Taun Tauns to carry them on their weary backs - a rebel would cut one of those poor beasts open without a thought, just to warm himself a little with it's steaming guts! And that's not just a horror story - it's true! The depraved followers of the Rebellion have actually been seen doing this!

Imperial Troops, in contrast to this, offer their own strong backs to carry the Ysalamirs safely and comfortably around so that they can see the galaxy from behind the broad shoulders of a brave stormtrooper.

But back to the point :)

The point of introducing jedis/sith would be of course to add diversity. They shouldn't be able to do all the stuff a jedi from the Jedi Knight series could do, as that would be clearly overpowered. But even some limited abilities ( as I proposed: force push, chain lightning) could be a nice touch. The question of how powerful they actually should be is, of course, linked to the amount of jedis on the battlefield. If jedis are just another special class for some levels (for example, in the form of an imperial royal guard in a Coruscant/ Death Star Level ... please not on every level, this would lead to a ridiculous jedi flood) - which would be actually a very nice idea and perhaps my favourite solution of how to include jedis - they have to be balanced to be just as strong as the other classes. Which shouldn't be that much of a problem. If you limit their available numbers per level or make them an "earned class" they should be a bit stronger ...(by the way, Royal guards could surely be used for this role, too) and a VIP jedi (being a possible mission target) would have to be even stronger. Not such lame invincible entities like the ones we have now, who just hang around hacking at hapless people with their sabres.

These are all interesting options ... but their are even more exciting things which should be added to the game first ;)

P.S.: Destroyer Droids are surely tough ... but as they are sitting targets once their shield is down (a single rocket /thermal detonator may be enough) and not very mobile, I think they are actually quite balanced.

Originally posted by Coraan Talme

I don't want to harm poor furry Ysalamiris ...

But you have to bring sacrifices, for the good of the Empire - and the Ysalamiris would surely willingly assist our cause, if they could understand it. Anyway, it's for their own good, it protects them as well ... just think of all those nasty Ewoks and Wookies whose greedy maws are salivating constantly when thinking about roasted Ysalamiri steak!

And no one complains about rebel scum, forcing innocent Taun Tauns to carry them on their weary backs - a rebel would cut one of those poor beasts open without a sort, just to warm himself a little with it's steaming guts! And that's not just a horror story - it's true! The depraved followers of the Rebellion have actually been seen doing this!

Imperial Troops, in contrast to this, offer their own strong backs to carry the Ysalamirs safely and comfortably around so that they can see the galaxy from behind the broad shoulders of a brave stormtrooper.

What about Sandtroopers riding Dewbacks and using Wookiees for slave labor? :xp:

Riding Dewbacks actually is an approved therapeutic method to calm down hyperactive Dewback males. It does wonders to their blood circulation and helps to reduce excessive fat reserves ... which are a common problem for domestic Dewbacks. Their average lifetime benefits greatly from regular riding exercises. But you, wearing an imperial uniform and identification, should already know this, unless you've failed to study your manual theta-c3n [on survival on remote desert planets], section 10d

Let me just quote a few lines of this amazing fountain of wisdom and great example of the Empire's care for native wildlife.

Excerpt from section 19d:"Know Your Dewback, quick tips on animal handling"

-------------------------

4) Dewbacks are not edible. Additionally the roasting of dewbacks on open fire might cause their fur to burn ... the fire could get out of control and become a severe threat to the native environment.

5) Due to the increased amount of concerned questions from young troopers, fresh from the galactic core regions: No, you are absolutely correct. There is no ignition on Dewbacks, they are NOT technically compatible to speeders and neither are there any regular brakes. You have to learn how to use the reins (please see section 34b).

-------------------------

(Besides, speaking of Dewbacks - how about adding them to a map?)

As you see, unlike the Rebels, the Empire encourages the responsible handling of animals under it's care.

And concerning those wild tales the Rebel propaganda loves to spread about Wookie slaves being abused by brutal imperials - well, if you believe THAT, your political education is obviously in dire need of improvement!

First of all, Wookies are clearly not the poor noble and abused victims rebels like to portray ... they are primitive, brutal and savage beasts that lack any sort of civilization! They are, in fact, parasites, preying on the innocent animals in their environment. The empire's interest of course is to get those wookies of the streets ... err ... I mean, of the forests, so that the local fauna can finally recuperate from the mindless bloodlust of those furred monsters.

Besides, they are a severe risk to the health of our galactic citizens. Did you know that, due to their excessive fur and horrible hygiene, Wookies can carry up to five hundred different kind of lice and transmit a multitude of deadly diseases?

Ever heard a rebel talk openly about that? No .... of course not!

A great part of the unspeakable "tortures" wookies have to endure in imperial hands are regular showers.

Now what the empire does in those "nasty" work camps is putting the Wookie's feral energy to good use, so that the galaxy can actually benefit even from the most primitive and aggressive elements. A long term goal is of course the civilizing of the Wookies, but - understandably - this might yet take a long while. We are only at the beginning of a long and arduous journey in that regard. It is clearly no help at all that the Rebellion lets those beasts run free and doesn't flinch at using them as cannon fodder for their own goals.

So - judge yourself! Who is the real friend of the animals?

I'm sure that might as well be on purpose.

Anyway, a good destroyer droid knows to only keep the shields up when actually being shot at. You'll be horrified what bacta does to an almost dead droid when the shields are almost down.

O/T, Jedi classes might just end up being spammed, could be interesting, or could be a bigger magnet than the D/D.

Errh (cough)... yes ... of course I spelled Wookie without the extra 'e' on purpose. :o That's the way we old veterans from the battle of Baryxx used to call them. Imperial Fleet slang. It all goes back to a joke from our commander, a fine guy, who used to say that those damned furry savages didn't deserve such a long name anyway and if we'd skip the letter on our reports, the shorter texts would ultimately save the imperial bureaucracy a lot of money and he'd grant us an extra round of corellian ale. Ah ... those were wild times ...

Mmmh ... concerning the jedi-spamming question: that's why it could be a nice idea to make them a class you first have to earn by collecting a few kills - or by limiting the amount of jedi's available ... Anyway, it wouldn't be that much of a problem as long as they are not overpowered, I think. Of course there is this "Yess ... I can feel the force, taste my lightsabre, dirty rebel!"-effect, but Tie Pilots are cool, too ;)

Well ... but I agree that it might not be wise to add them to EVERY map ... just to a few ones as a special class - to preserve the troops vs troops feeling of Battlefront.

-As to the Droideka (I believe the destroyer droid is actually the one with the bazooka and we just confused the names): you're right, it's rather pointless to fire at him with normal blasters. However even with bacta tanks he can't maintain his shield forever ... and switching it on only when under fire is not always a practical solution in Battlefront's close-packed battlefields. Usually you're CONSTANTLY under fire and the moment you switch the shields happens to be the moment someone fires at you from behind ;)

And Droidekas are certainly the worst class when it comes to evading heavy fire. Grenades or rockets hit them more often then regular troops ... and one is enough to get the shield down. Droidekas are hard to miss.

Sorry, the SuperBattle Droid is the one you're looking for if you want a wrist rocket launcher. The Assault droid is the primary rocket bot, not that I like it. I prefer driving tanks.

Destroyers are the ones that get destroyed and have that really dodgy name..whatever.

Anyway, I don't play online, so I can't comment on my strategy, works extremely well on bots though.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the jedi could be an unlockable unit, like you have to beat the Clone Campaign on Hard and you get the option of playing as either Mace or Dooku same for Luke and Darth on there campaings then when you play instant action you can scroll down and select the jedi hero option or somthing like that, they should have force powers and stuff but i dont think that you should be allowed to play online with them they should be sort of a novelty unit, because and this has been said before, battlefront is for the grunts a playable jedi might be a good unlockable feature but not in a multiplayer setting

Personally, after seeing Clone Commandos and ep2, I'm not such a fan of Jedi any more. I mean, the major battles were fought by grunts, not Jedi and especially not sith (well, not since the Sith Wars).

Power to the normal people!

I suppose if they rank on the "Jub_Jub" level of cheats..

• 2 years later...

Archived