Jump to content

Home

JA/JAR Mod Source...


zERoCooL2479
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with your mod is that there aren't enough things to make gameplay ridiculous. Sure, jetpacks and grapplehooks being enabled make killing somone in an FFA impossible if they really want to avoid death, but that's just not enough. please add more newbie crutch tools so that everyone will be invincable. After all...if nobody can die, nobody clan "lame", right?

 

You should also make running maps even more idiot proof. While it was a stroke of genius to make elite skills like strafe jumping worthless with your grapplehooks and jetpack newbie crutches, it still actually takes a slight bit of effort to go from one place of the map to the other. This is unacceptable. How about a teleporter that INSTANTLY teleports newbies to anywhere on the map they wish to go. That way it takes even less skill to navigate maps than your additions have already made it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The core of the problem is this....every other FPS ever made on the Quake engine had a responsible mod making community, and a competitive minded player community. The modding community made mods to improve the competitive aspect of the game, which is what the players were looking for. This was not so in JK series. Modders like Slider (huge delerious newbies when it comes to the game) are quite clueless about the game from a competitive standpoint and were totally irresponsible in what content they added to their mod. They were totally unconcerned with the competitive aspect of the game, and instead catered to their own RPG desires. Their mods truly did ruin the gameplay of JKA on any competitive level whatsoever. Their mods are centered towards dumbing the game down for newbies, and giving bitter kiddie admins tools to take out their e-rage on superior players.

 

The mods made by Slider stand as the worst things ever to happen to this series from a competitive standpoint. They are complete clueless newbies. If you play on one of their mods, know that you are playing a mod made by someone without even the slightest understanding of game balance. If you are simply looking for a mod that will add JK2 style flip kicking without altering the core balance of the game, and still retaining all of the complex competitive aspects, get Xmod. Here are a few alterations to the basejka game which show the extreme newbishness of the creators of these mods:

 

1) 0 force regen. This is standard with their mod. The legit competitive setting determined by raven is and always has been (even in jk2) 200. By setting it to 0, it allows extreme spamming, and makes lightsiders all but invincable (on 0 regen you can heal 100 points every 5 seconds...LOL..newbies). Also, it removes all percision from the game. On legit settings every last move you make has to count. If you foul up a pull kick and miss, you will pay for it by losing precious force. In 0 you can just spam over and over and you never get penalized for sqrewing up a move since you can do it again over and over and know you will get your force back basically instantly. Retarded. A skilled player such as myself is basically invincable with lightside on 0 regen.

 

2) Absorb + Protect at the same time (WTF LOL). When I first saw this I was laughing my ****ing ass off. As if their mod didn't already unbalance everything enough in favor of lightsiders, now they make this stock. For you newbies out there, in the base game you cannot absorb and protect at the same time (for damn good reasons). Thanks, newbie modders. This just goes to show how clueless these modders are.

 

3) Grapplehooks and Jetpacks. Rubbish. The JKA maps are so great. They have so many little tricks and movement tactics. These maps were never meant to be played with these cheats, and these cheats make them extremely retarded. Raven intended players to have to master skills like wall climbing and strafe jumping. They intended players to actually have to learn to navigate maps the legit way. By adding these cheats not only do you make everyone invincable in an FFA, but you totally ruin map navigation. Idiots.

 

 

There are tons of other ridiculous tweaks these newbs made to the out of the box game. Including tweaks to sabers and blocking. I don't really feel like getting into it, as I feel my above points clearly showed what morons these guys are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by zERoCooL2479

Hello folks,

 

Good 'ol c1 here just letting you know that I will be releasing the source code to the JA/JAR mods sometime soon. Be on the lookout at jk3files.com and at LucasFiles.com.

 

Regards,

-Mike

 

Uh oh...

 

Bad, bad idea. Isn't this the sort of thing that started this whole mess?

 

Or did people just blatantly rip-off code?

 

While I love the freedom of mod making in general, when it comes to admin mods, the less control individual users are given probably the better. They'll just add stupid crap to ruin the game. Let them do their own work and write their own stupid mods to ruin the game. That at least limits the spread of the disease.

 

Oh well, my 2 cents...

 

Maybe you should write up a "clause" in the agreement they have to accept to use it that they can't put in certain features like slap, sleep, slay, explode, bunny, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's face it, the number of RPG newbies who adore these mods made by Slider and Chosen are the majority of the JK community. Bah, it's useless trying to convince them that they're destroying the game. Countless threads have been made about these topics. :rolleyes: Recently I've decided to get better at guns, but with the majority of servers being saber-only, it's hard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mediablitz

1) 0 force regen. This is standard with their mod. The legit competitive setting determined by raven is and always has been (even in jk2) 200. By setting it to 0, it allows extreme spamming, and makes lightsiders all but invincable (on 0 regen you can heal 100 points every 5 seconds...LOL..newbies). Also, it removes all percision from the game. On legit settings every last move you make has to count. If you foul up a pull kick and miss, you will pay for it by losing precious force. In 0 you can just spam over and over and you never get penalized for sqrewing up a move since you can do it again over and over and know you will get your force back basically instantly. Retarded. A skilled player such as myself is basically invincable with lightside on 0 regen.

 

2) Absorb + Protect at the same time (WTF LOL). When I first saw this I was laughing my ****ing ass off. As if their mod didn't already unbalance everything enough in favor of lightsiders, now they make this stock. For you newbies out there, in the base game you cannot absorb and protect at the same time (for damn good reasons). Thanks, newbie modders. This just goes to show how clueless these modders are.

 

3) Grapplehooks and Jetpacks. Rubbish. The JKA maps are so great. They have so many little tricks and movement tactics. These maps were never meant to be played with these cheats, and these cheats make them extremely retarded. Raven intended players to have to master skills like wall climbing and strafe jumping. They intended players to actually have to learn to navigate maps the legit way. By adding these cheats not only do you make everyone invincable in an FFA, but you totally ruin map navigation. Idiots.

 

 

There are tons of other ridiculous tweaks these newbs made to the out of the box game. Including tweaks to sabers and blocking. I don't really feel like getting into it, as I feel my above points clearly showed what morons these guys are.

 

It shows something else too... <ahem>

 

I hate to rain on your parade (again) but your points here regarding JAR are patently false... 100% NOT TRUE.

 

I've been using JAR for a year so I know. When you install it EVERYTHING is BASE by default. You can't even enable Grapple hooks or jetpacks IF YOU WANTED TO... IT'S NOT IN THE MOD.

 

You can not tweak saber damages, you can not enable force hacks, you can not admin empower, it doesn't exist in JAR. IN FACT, you have FAR fewer configuration options than even xMod, and even FEWER abusive admin powers.

 

If you want to dog Slider I whole heartedly support you, I've tried JA+ briefly and it's a piece of crap specifically designed to cheat on every level, with a default install that changes EVERYTHING.

 

But, based on your remarks you probably have no experience with that MOD either... other than being on the receiving end of an admin empowered forcegrip amslay. :D

 

PS- Have I told you lately that I love you? :3heart:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Maxstate

The SP code for JA????

 

No, this is an admin mod series (first came in JKO) that just happened to have the same name as JKA.

 

Originally posted by mediablitz

I thought that reloaded mod was just JA+ (sliders mod) with even more rpg emotes

 

JA+ came after JA/JAR. JA/JAR were mainly admin mods only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mediablitz

I thought that reloaded mod was just JA+ (sliders mod) with even more rpg emotes

 

No, in fairness to Chosen One, it's slider's JA+ mod that has those problems that you listed. Chosen One made JA Reloaded for Jedi Academy as a follow-up to his Jedi Academy Mod for JK2. Realizing the damage that JA Mod for JK2 did to that game, he specifically removed the most abuse-prone commands from JA Reloaded, even though xMod2 and JA+ still had them. So Chosen One's JA Reloaded was the first JA mod to take out the amabuse commands. And it has never had jetpacks or grapplehooks.

 

After much nagging, Hex reluctantly took out the abusive commands from xMod2 and created auto-saber-off protection to take their place. slider saw his opportunity to be the only mod with amabuse commands (knowing how popular those commands are with "honor" fetishers and players who liked to amempower themselves) and the rest is history. In my opinion, JA Reloaded and xMod2 lost popularity by removing the amabuse commands (most "honor" type admins refuse to use a mod without amabuse commands) and JA+ became popular because slider kept and expanded the amabuse commands.

 

slider was also the one who had g_forceregentime 0 as default in the JA+ server.cfg, although to his credit he listened to feedback and changed the default value in the latest version to 50 and lists 200 as the basejka default value. Also to his credit, he is using the default value of 200 on his CTF server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its not the admin mods that kills the game, its the people the kill it. They just tired of it and leave to move on other games where people dont hollar lame 24/7. Admin mods are made to control the server from people who cause trouble. Some people dont get this idea, but instead acts like its game play itself. And theres even those admins that whine about the players telling them that people are doing certain things. If you have admin your there for a purpose not to just stand around and look pretty. If this JAR mod is gonna help any and make game play better, I welcome it and ever other mod that comes out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little harsh there? No, the admin abuse commands arent in the code so don't worry about that. It' just has the core features for an admin mod if anyone wishes to take a crack at coding one. i.e. (kick, ban, sleep, nextmap, randteams, and a few others.) Although sleep may be considered as such, it's the least harmful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mediablitz

The core of the problem is this....every other FPS ever made on the Quake engine had a responsible mod making community, and a competitive minded player community. The modding community made mods to improve the competitive aspect of the game, which is what the players were looking for. This was not so in JK series. Modders like Slider (huge delerious newbies when it comes to the game) are quite clueless about the game from a competitive standpoint and were totally irresponsible in what content they added to their mod. They were totally unconcerned with the competitive aspect of the game, and instead catered to their own RPG desires. Their mods truly did ruin the gameplay of JKA on any competitive level whatsoever. Their mods are centered towards dumbing the game down for newbies, and giving bitter kiddie admins tools to take out their e-rage on superior players.

 

The mods made by Slider stand as the worst things ever to happen to this series from a competitive standpoint. They are complete clueless newbies. If you play on one of their mods, know that you are playing a mod made by someone without even the slightest understanding of game balance. If you are simply looking for a mod that will add JK2 style flip kicking without altering the core balance of the game, and still retaining all of the complex competitive aspects, get Xmod. Here are a few alterations to the basejka game which show the extreme newbishness of the creators of these mods:

 

1) 0 force regen. This is standard with their mod. The legit competitive setting determined by raven is and always has been (even in jk2) 200. By setting it to 0, it allows extreme spamming, and makes lightsiders all but invincable (on 0 regen you can heal 100 points every 5 seconds...LOL..newbies). Also, it removes all percision from the game. On legit settings every last move you make has to count. If you foul up a pull kick and miss, you will pay for it by losing precious force. In 0 you can just spam over and over and you never get penalized for sqrewing up a move since you can do it again over and over and know you will get your force back basically instantly. Retarded. A skilled player such as myself is basically invincable with lightside on 0 regen.

 

2) Absorb + Protect at the same time (WTF LOL). When I first saw this I was laughing my ****ing ass off. As if their mod didn't already unbalance everything enough in favor of lightsiders, now they make this stock. For you newbies out there, in the base game you cannot absorb and protect at the same time (for damn good reasons). Thanks, newbie modders. This just goes to show how clueless these modders are.

 

3) Grapplehooks and Jetpacks. Rubbish. The JKA maps are so great. They have so many little tricks and movement tactics. These maps were never meant to be played with these cheats, and these cheats make them extremely retarded. Raven intended players to have to master skills like wall climbing and strafe jumping. They intended players to actually have to learn to navigate maps the legit way. By adding these cheats not only do you make everyone invincable in an FFA, but you totally ruin map navigation. Idiots.

 

 

There are tons of other ridiculous tweaks these newbs made to the out of the box game. Including tweaks to sabers and blocking. I don't really feel like getting into it, as I feel my above points clearly showed what morons these guys are.

 

 

A-Freakin-Men

 

Seriously...slider ruined jka.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mediablitz

The modding community made mods to improve the competitive aspect of the game, which is what the players were looking for.

But that obviously wasn't what the majority of JA players were looking for.

 

Originally posted by mediablitz

Their mods are centered towards dumbing the game down for newbies, and giving bitter kiddie admins tools to take out their e-rage on superior players.

Which is apparently what 90+% of the player base wanted. Otherwise it wouldn't be on every ****ing server and you would encounter a lot more players who would actually *gasp* play the game.

 

Originally posted by zERoCooL2479

A little harsh there?

You know what? Sadly it isn't. Admin mods ruined Jedi Academy.

 

Originally posted by Zappa_0

Its not the admin mods that kills the game, its the people the kill it.

Maybe, but it was admin mods that it got clubbed with.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by zERoCooL2479

It wasn't my mod thats for sure. I don't give a damn about Slider, so bash him and his rehash POS mod for all I care.

 

Nah you just ****ed up Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast with your POS Vulcan's rehash.

And in turn, you pretty much gave birth to the whole admin mod scene/mess in these two games.

How so?

Fact: most jk2/ja server admins were morons who could not (nor ever did) figure out the base quake 3 engine console/rcon commands.

 

Doubt that?

Go find me 5 server admins who know how to ban in base jk2/ja.

You will be looking for years.

 

How do you fit into this?

You took the Vulcan's admin mod (I was not a big fan of this, but it was complicated enough that only 2 out of 10 star wars nerd server admins could figure it out and hence, it was not a really big grief issue for us players) and made it pretty much point and click "soccer mom on AOL" user friendly.

 

Actually, didn't you put in something stupid like a point and click "admin gun" or something at one point?

 

How the hell could you not see how making a mod that allowed for 900 admins (by using the sub admin system and not having to give out true rcon) and gave them the ability to slap/sleep/choke/explode/kick/ban players with simple "/kickban" commands not cause problems?

 

Of course you saw it, but you wanted to make a name for yourself as a mod maker and did not give a **** about what you did to the community.

 

just as long as your mod had the highest download count over there at jk2files.com right?

 

 

Hence the reason why everyone who bought either of these games with the intention of actually getting to play them online, will look at you now and forever... as a dildo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...