Home

JA/JAR Mod Source...

zERoCooL2479

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JediLiberator

After all that's happened to MP mods in JA all I have to say is I am glad there are a few decent SP maps out there.

Wow, encoraging! Ive got an SP mod in the works, that I think the whole community would enjoy.

In my opinion, even mods like Xmod, or JAR shouldn't have ever been made. They are not nessesarily bad, but BaseJKA was cool enough. Force mod was cool, but it wasn't serverside only, so that just added a little variety. Stuff like Xmod, JAR, and JA+ were serverside only, so you could join one and not even know it. It gave to many options to admins to control the gameplay, which made server hopping kinda annoying, with different settings on every server. You could never adjust to the game properly.

Before the game could pickup, it had trouble because a few short months after release a lot of people threw in the towel, because of mods like JA +. Wasn't it 24 hours after the SDK came out that the first Admin mods came out?

I think it's pretty ironic when kick spamming (which was hated during the JK2 days) is now called a "classic" move.

It was only hated by newbies like you.

But the game isn't JK2, its JKA, so of course they won't be the same.

uh, it's basically the exact same game only with sloppier coding and less moves/depth

Let me ask, if someone throws a saber at you, would you still be living? No, so... therefore in my opinion, its ok to lose 75% of my health if I get hit.

lol. You don't understand my point. The damage on saber throw is totally random in basejka....in jk2 it was a solid 30. JKA adds too much luck into the game.

It was only hated by newbies like you.
Of course, you'd know because you only signed up in July of 2004. :rolleyes:

uh, it's basically the exact same game only with sloppier coding and less moves/depth
Actually, the saber hit detection issues are related to some code hacks that Raven removed. The JK2 system was based around incredibly large saber bounding boxes that resulted in saber blocks.

Originally posted by razorace

Of course, you'd know because you only signed up in July of 2004. :rolleyes:

And registering on this forum automatically determines how long you've played the game. *HINT* *HINT* This isn't his first account on these forums, nor is the account i'm posting on my first on these forums.

Actually, the saber hit detection issues are related to some code hacks that Raven removed. The JK2 system was based around incredibly large saber bounding boxes that resulted in saber blocks.

Pull at straws more, please. That wasn't exactly what he was referring to.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

But the game isn't JK2, its JKA, so of course they won't be the same. :rolleyes:

Let me ask, if someone throws a saber at you, would you still be living? No, so... therefore in my opinion, its ok to lose 75% of my health if I get hit.

in jk2 you can block it like a real jedi in jka you kill 50 jedi's whit one hit if your a litle lucky ;)

mediablitz, you're obviously a very opinionated person. That's fine. They are your thoughts and you are welcome to have them and share them. However, this does not give you license to insult those who do not share your opinions. Just because someone thinks differently than you does not make their opinions any less valid than yours. So please shape up and learn to respect others.

They took kick out in jka because super newbies complained about it so much. It's beyond retarded to say it "wasn't meant to be in the game" if you mean jk2. If you mean jka, of course it wasn't meant to be in jka. but it was in jk2 from start to finish. removing kick basically made half the gametypes unplayable. Full force saber only anything is totally unplayable in basejka. It's impossible to kill even a slightly skilled player in such a manner. Raven were clearly not thinking past pleasing their darth maul wannabe player base when they removed kick.

Apologize for your rudeness.

No

They are your thoughts and you are welcome to have them and share them.

Unless my opinion is that someone is a clueless newbie?

Just because someone thinks differently than you does not make their opinions any less valid than yours.

That statement is too broad, i'm afraid. If you had the opinion that a monkey who takes a crap on a sheet is a greater artist than Picasso your opinion would clearly be ludicrous

So please shape up and learn to respect others.

I am shaping up. I am pentagon, which side am I going to be on?

This is a forum for a video game. Therefore, the only way I can judge any member of this board is by their opinions and statements regarding this game. You can't force me to show respect to people who I consider to be clueless newbies. All you can do is ban me yet again.

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

Now come to think of it, kick wasn't meant to be in the game, why else did Raven remove it in JA?

I am guessing they removed flipkicks because it interfered with wallrunning.

When earlier versions of xmod and JA+ came out with both wall running and flipkicks, the CTF gunners on my server complained a lot about the change in wallrunning vs. basejka. It was subtle but it bothered a lot of them. Hex looked at the code and made a change in later versions of xmod so the same speed of double-tap jump against a person did a flipkick, while against a wall it let you wallrun. It seemed to fix it because players didn't complain about it after that change was made. slider has announced that he has "fixed" wallrunning in the newest version of JA+ as well, and I haven't heard any complaints about wallrunning from people who play on his server as well as mine and Refresh\PickUpGamez.

I am guessing that Raven probably found the same thing during their testing and they decided to drop flipkicks in favor of wall running.

Archived