Home

moment of silence...

Nalukai

I think each and every single person that reads this needs to tip a hat or pour a brew out for the 60 thousand + that lost their lives over the weekend in Asia/India... this is the most Catastrophic event of our time ( dont even f---in quote 9/11 or any war past WWII for that matter) and the death toll rises by the hour.

i could not imagine to peer out into an ocean and see bodies as if a whaling freighter blasted 100 tons of tnt into the ocean to float fish...

Vita E Morte

take note that a tsunami quake of that magnitude hit north america 200 years ago and has a 10-15% percent chance of hitting again in the next 40 years.

that is if we all survive the cycle of the Mayan Clander in 2018....

So many people. Think if you were celebrating holidays and taking pictures thinking one day you'll look back on them and smile. Only to be lying dead the next day with strangers staring at your lifeless body, or survive and stare in horror at your loved ones getting swept away, knowing you'll never see them again. And smell the stench of the bodies of people who once had lives of their own. Thousands of children whos joy of living was cut short, and all thier plans for the future gone forever.

I'm sorry I had to say that but some people just don't understand the tragedy.

Originally posted by IG-64

I'm sorry I had to say that but some people just don't understand the tragedy.

We are so blessed, so fortunate, that we have been taking time to make sure our kids understand the tragedy ... as best they can, anyway ... as best as anyone can ...

Mike

Yeah, I think charity is gonna help them more than silence. But I get your point, and I have a feeling this event will not be forgotten anytime soon. Which is probably because of all the tourists, but nvm that :/

My thoughts go to people who've lost someone close, and most of all to the natives who have lost everything of the little they had :(

This is just super sad.

It makes me think, something like this could have happened when I was on a beach in Florida a couple years ago, enjoying time with my mom, dad, sisters, Aunt, Uncle, cousins, etc...

It's probably what some tourists were doing. Enjoying themselves.

It sometimes makes me wonder if there even is a God, and even so, if he's such a ruthless...being to allow something horrible like this to happen.

Horrible...:(

A terrible human tragedy. May the dead rest in peace!

As to the survivors, who are in danger of starvation, malnutrition, disease, etc, they need our prayers and donations.

Donate money to worthy charities, donate blood, whatever you can.

These people need us!

i was in kenya in the middle of no where when we flew to nairobi

(capital) and in the plain there were news papers. at that time its was 21000 when we arrived(bout a half hour later) it was 22500. we went from nairobe to johanasburg (sp?) (cap. of southafrica) and slept there. from johanasburg to cape town, waited an hour and the a six hour flight to argentina and on the flight it was 65000 and i just got back and found out that its at 76000

it really sucks:(

its probably gonna top 100000 and they say that around 100000 more are gonna die of diseases

9 people died in kenya i think

some of the storys were really hard to read

Originally posted by GothiX

instead of being silent for those who are dead, you could try to help those who are in danger of dying. Jus ten ****ing dollar could save someone's life down there, do you realise that?

yeah. I donated 40 dollars. Tis all I had at the moment. Hope I can help a few people out.

I edited a few posts.

Those who think a "omg bush is stupid and hilarious" jokes in this thread will be persecuted. I will gut those who do not heed my warning.

OT, I donated a bit. Hope it helps.

instead of being silent for those who are dead, you could try to help those who are in danger of dying. Jus ten ****ing dollar could save someone's life down there, do you realise that?

we get the point Gothix. No need to be so brusque about it. Hope you took some time out of your charmed life and donated some money too ;)

mtfbwya

I've donated some money too. They are doing a special service at our work to allow you to donate before the tax is removed.

A friend of ours was on the beach at Phuket when the wave came in, but luckily managed to run to a bridge. She thought she lost her boyfriend, but he managed to climb a tree and then run to another bridge between waves. phew.

I did hear a scary figure that the number of people killed (up to about 150,000 so far) is only about the same number that die from hunger each month in the world. Not sure how true that is, but it is even more scary.

Bloody hell, Toms! That's two damn luck people you know! (although I'm sure they know that)

Next time you speak to them, wish 'em all the best from me (and presumably, the rest of the Swampies). :)

Luckily (I guess?) I don't know anyone directly affected by it all. I still read the article in the paper the other day that had names & pictures of some of the missing/deceased with one eye closed in case I recognised a face.

I spent 6 hours collecting money, and donated 20 dollars myself, does that count?

Just a bit mate, yes ;):D

And Gothix, you should be proud of your nation anyways. They smoke dope legally and speak four languages! I live in the UK. :indif:

:xp:B.

Archived