Home

My love for snippering..

fliquid

Don't you just love walking towards a CP and seeing a rebel standing there not noticing you and garding the CP? :D

Then going into sniper mode and giving him a direct headshot?

Sometimes in sniper mode you can wipe out an entire armada of rebels rushing towards you. And if you have a high quality pc+videocard then the action really begins because the zoom is superb. :)

Great job on the sniper!

well with Snipers, a true headshot is hard to do, it takes time and a steady controller hand to get it, and with the scout trooper you cant get the full soom like you can with the rebel marksman. when it comes down to it i will use a marksman over a scout trooper, especially in Rhen Var's Harbor.

And also, let's be realistic. Battlefront is sort of an arcade type of a game. It's opposite is Counter Strike where everything is accurate. In Battlefront on the other hand it's not accurate, u don't die that easily and u can't kill with one headshot. So sniping is also alot harder, with the occasional lagging too.

Originally posted by Pho3nix

And also, let's be realistic. Battlefront is sort of an arcade type of a game. It's opposite is Counter Strike where everything is accurate. In Battlefront on the other hand it's not accurate, u don't die that easily and u can't kill with one headshot. So sniping is also alot harder, with the occasional lagging too.

AND ur sniper shots take a while to get to the person if u r far away!!!!!! this 1 time i took a shot at my friend and said bang when i fired it and he moved one step to the right and i missed...:mad:

Originally posted by fliquid

Don't you just love walking towards a CP and seeing a rebel standing there not noticing you and garding the CP? :D

Then going into sniper mode and giving him a direct headshot?

Sometimes in sniper mode you can wipe out an entire armada of rebels rushing towards you. And if you have a high quality pc+videocard then the action really begins because the zoom is superb. :)

Great job on the sniper!

Finland! I like the people there. :)

But anyway... You can kill by snipering one shot in the head. When all fails I always just look for a covered spot and shoot everyone in the head. If I could do an online game, then I would show you. :D

Snipering's even harder online cos people are less predictable than bots and if they know what they're doing they rarely stay still long enough for you to hit them. Also real people are better and hunting down snipers. eg on Endor it's easy to play as a rebel sniper on SP, just lie on top of one of the platforms and pick of the stormtroopers from a distance. When I tried that online a dark trooper landed behind me and shot me in the back before I could get up!

Dark Troopers basically ahve a shotgun, they are the best at Pking on your team, but watch out when they walk behind you, i never let one near me i usually stay away, like in the platforms, i will get a ship and jump out onty the middle building and snipe bothe sides, BECAUSE I AM EVIL ! RAHAHAHAHA!

I love sniping throughout all games (e.g. America's Army, Global Operations, Joint Ops, and now Battleront) The key is to find the perfect spot with concealment. If you get on the platforms then sure some one will come get you because you can be seen easily. But if you lay down in the grass behind a CP as enemy infantry are running the other direction then well...........

:sniper9::headblast

you get the picture. You all need to make sure that you know not to stay in the same place too long. Pull off 4 or 5 shots (make them one hit kills as much as possible) then move to a new spot. That way that dark trooper won't be ablle to find you. That's how you snipe successfully.

Happy ............................ :snip2:

What's also interesting is I was testing the sniper bolt speed in SP just now. You practically DON'T have to lead a target because the bolt is actually very fast. I believe taht the long trail the bolt makes as it travels for it's doomed target make a decieving illusion that makes you think that it takes a while to reach it's destination. The bolt is very fast so all you have to do is maybe lead a tiny bit from there head, pull trigger, BANG, and they drop like a sack of Idaho Potatoes.

back to leading... I can't ever hit a moving target I lead from 1 cm to 1 mm and nothing happens, the circly thing doesn't even light up ;(.

Anyone interested in doing research on leading targets at different distances?

I've also got a hitbox question...

In ET (enemy territory) the boxes are like rectangles, so you can have the crosshair above their shoulder and you will still hit them. In SWBF, are the hitboxes exactly the image or not?

Archived