Home

My love for snippering..

fliquid

I gave up trying to get one hit kills with the sniper rifle. I just expect it to take two shots to take someone out, and if they go down on the first one its a bonus. I don't find the lack of zoom on the republic/imperial weapons too much of a problem if you're just aiming for the body, and i find its better for hunting people because the peripheral vision is a lot better. The assassin droid is the best i think, if only because it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling swatting jet troopers out of the sky.

• 2 months later...

Being a sniper is good, both from the recon droid perspective (on certain maps not all) and getting a large number of kill shots. However, most everyday online you deal with a squad of team members who want to be nothing but snipers. Regardless of your kill count, you'll probably lose the game. A few well placed snipers can help win the game, but if most everyone plays a sniper there's no chance of winning because capturing CPs is the goal. You'll never snipe fast enough to equal the number of reenforcements taken away from the other team by just one extra CP. These past few weeks I've seen many games lost by players who insist on being a sniper all the time, or who get two people in an AT-AT when only one is needed. It's amazing to listen to teammates online when the score is 186 - 56 to your favor, and yet you have only one CP left actually think they'll win the game. They won't, neither will they stop being a sniper for a few rounds or hop out of the AT-AT or whatever long enough to capture that necessary to win CP.

Being a sniper is fun, flying an X-Wing is fun, but learning how to be a well-rounded player and using the appropriate weapon for the appropriate time and map is more valuable than just specializing in one thing.

People were talking about how it takes more than one shot to kill someone usually. I hope every one knows that some of the units vary in health than others. Like the Wookie is so freakin' strong and takes two headshots to kill one and 3-4 to kill it without head shots. The rebel soldiers you have to hit in exactly the right spot. The imperials die like no other though.:( It's kinda funny that I know this stuff because I personally hate sniping in BF. It's a pretty bad setup compared to other games.

''On Hoth I just camp by a ammo bot and get 100+ kills to 0 deaths''

I think you might should qualify that. Are you online or offline playing with yourself? Are you playing against any humans? How many on a team? What level of play is going on...hard, medium, easy? Any AI playing? And I'm sure there're more qualifiers we can't begin to list.

Obviously, whoever is flying snowspeeders or AT-ATs, or AT-STs aren't very good. They'd spot you pretty quickly cuz 100 plus kills is pretty much better than capturing 4 CPs, and that would be unusual. I've seen some damn good players online who might get 30, 40, maybe 50 kills but that's rare in a decent game. Even spawnkillers won't get 100 plus. :)

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Ahh.... sniping is the best :)

On Hoth I just camp by a ammo bot and get 100+ kills to 0 deaths :D

IT is hard, but after you do it for long enough it becomes second nature.

yeah, I would like to see that sam :)

Archived