Home

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest

Clemme w/Stick

Since I started playing this game a couple of days ago, I found it to be very similar compared to the original. However the minor adjustments in the temples, really made my head turn as to what I could have expected. Sadly enough, there comes a time where you'd eventually would get stuck in the game (Which is good), and thats where I am now. I'm at the very beginning of the Fire Temple. I got into the room where the boss lurks, and where Darunia asks you to go get the legendary hammer, so you can kick Volvagias behind, however, I cant seem to move on from there. In the main lobby of the temple, theres 4 doors, one that is chained by a key, one thats blocked by some sort of statue (Which can only be removed by the hammer), one door that you can go through, without solving any puzzles. In order to go into the room where you meet Darunia, you have to light all the non-burning torches in the main lobby, this is easily done with Dins Fire. However in the room where you meet Darunia, I suspect that there is a key or something that'll help you move on. Problem is, I dont know what I have to do in there. Theres 3 non-burning torches, problem is, you're unable to light them all at the same time, and thats about as far as my mind could think. Anyone here who's actually completed this game, if so, how did you solve this puzzle in this particular temple? I'm in dire need of assistance here. :xp:

Thx for your help.

-Clemme

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GameFAQS is the way to go

Haven't played it in a long time. Beat the original OoT. On Master's Quest, I got to the Water Temple, then stopped. The game seemed the same to me, Water Temple was a little harder though.

I'm playing Metroid Prime II at the moment though. :D

OH! Uh, is that the oen where you need to shoot a bow through the tourches to light other ones? I remember that part with the platforms above the lava, mightr be a different part thou.... You need to light one with Dins or something, then shoot arrows through the fire to hit other tourches or something

You got that right. I've always hated that temple, just as much as I hate the Spirit Temple and the Forest Temple for some strange reason. I really hate the music in the forest one, and the spirit is just plain ol' annoying with all those invisible enemies. Water temple is up there with them some place.

Anyhow, I managed to beat the room I was in yesterday. Go me! :D hehe. I still have a problem, I can only carry 99 rupees[sp?]. I need a bigger wallet, but forgot where to find one.

-Clemme

Scared of OoT at twelve? Bwahahahaha. :xp:

They say it's coming out late next year, Astro too late in it's own right, but really, who knows when it'll hit? Nintendo's just been doing whatever the hell they want to for the past 8+ years despite whattheir customers say.

Mirror Link was quite entertaining, as he was hard enough to beat in OoT. Ahh, I had some long fights against that guy, guess this one will be even longer. Apart from him, the Water Temple more or less sucked.

Now the Temple out in the Desert (Forgot its name) was a fun one. Getting the Mirror Shield is always fun. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until I can go there.

-Clemme

Originally posted by Mike Windu

+ the mood scared me a bit. I was like 12 at the time, shut up. >>

LMAO... at 12 ! you mean 2 years ago right Mikeski :p

Hmm....never considered Zelda to fall into the 'scary' category of games... :p

project zero(aka fatal frame) on ps2/XB was very spooky, creeping around an old japanese house haunted by ghosts, but unlike Mike with Zelda, I didnt soil my pants playing it :D

mtfbwya

I thought the redead were a bit disturbing myself the first time I played it. I was never frightened of them, but I hated them with a passion (I've always hated the undead :p ). After fighting the Flood on Halo and battling Lopers and Ubersoldats on Return to Castle Wolfenstein though, redead don't seem quite as unnerving. :p

That was my first experience with undead in a game really, they freaked me out. The mood was depressing to me, and that freaked me out, cos I'm never depressed..

I could go back now, and they won't be disturbing to me...

Flood in Halo were insane. I played co op with a friend and I thought he turned the corner, but he stayed back and tricked me into going first. I got mauled by flood and he threw a grenade into the hallway and blew me up. :p

Originally posted by ZBomber

You're pathetic. That game didn't even get a Teen rating.

Oh c'mon, we all have our childhood fears. I was absolutely terrified of the Wicked Witch of the West the first time I saw the Wizard of Oz when I was six. :eek:

OOT's "E" rating always baffled me. It always seemed to me that OOT was much more moodier and darker than some games that have been given Teen ratings (Super Smash Bros. Melee and Rogue Leader come to mind). Some of the bosses died in very violent and painful ways. The end of the game is particularly dark,

what with Ganondorf spurting green blood and turning into the hideous creature Ganon (incidentally, the first version of the game that was released had Ganondorf spurt red human blood rather than the more "kiddie friendly" green color that it was changed to later).

Not that OOT is a mature themed game, but the "E" rating given to it struck me as rather odd, as I wouldn't want a six or seven year old to see some of the things that were in the game. I guess they were hoping that more people would buy it if it was for "everyone" or that little kids wouldn't get very far in the game.

It sounds like you and I share a common hatred of the undead, Mike. We'll have to compare zombie and Flood-blasting notes sometime (yes, I know the Flood are parasites, but the combat forms sure act like sci-fi zombies to me). :p

Archived