Home

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest

Clemme w/Stick

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lynk Former

That's cause you suck.

Majora's Mask was very well made and didn't follow the cliche Zelda theme. It was a VERY indepth game with many layers in terms of story. Every character had an agenda and every character was important. The masks were a great gameplay element since all of them did different things and allowed you to complete different tasks, the transformation masks were awesome since it allowed Link to do a lot more. While Ocarina of Time spent more time on the main quest, Majora's Mask spends more time with the other characters in the games through a number of side quests. I loved being able to help the people out and live the same three days over and over and effect the timeline. The other characters weren't just there to populate the game, they were there because they were important in the game and that's what I love about Majora's Mask. Also Majora himself, he's not like Ganondorf. Ganondorf is like every other bad guy... all he wants is power and to rule the world. Majora is different. Majora's evil comes from insanity... all he wants is to play twisted games which ultimately leads to everyones destruction, including himself. Majora's Mask is a very well made game and I wish more people had taken notice of it but they chose not to just because it didn't have Zelda playing an important part in it and there was no sign of Ganon and it wasn't set in Hyrule. Ocarina of Time was pretty standard and straight forward when it came to a Zelda game since it had all the elements you come to expect within a Zelda game, Majora's Mask introduced new concepts and elements, it may not have been seen as innovative as Ocarina of Time since that was the first 3D Zelda game but it was still one hellova original game within the Zelda universe.

This is a great thread that takes an indept look about a lot of things in Majora's Mask - http://boards.ign.com/Legend_of_Zelda/b5188/34063485/?284

This makes me wanna play through Majoras Mask. Now, if only my controller wasnt screwed up. :( Oh well, the control stick is very much broken from all the use, and I wasnt as old at that time, so I didnt take good enough care of my things. Maybe there'll be a Majoras Mask MM with the next Zelda game, who knows? :xp:

-Clemme

That's cause you suck.

I suck at what? I finished both games, and OoT was 10000 times funnier than majoras mask, i dont care the new inovations of the game because they didnt made the game better, funnier or longer, plus the final monster, majora, was pretty easy once you had finished all the masks quests.

There's always The Legend of Zelda - Collector's Edition GCN disc which has it :p ...of course you'd have to get it from ebay or somewhere like that.

Guess, I have to go and ask if my local EB games are able to get a hold of that game for me. I really hope they can. :D

-Clemme

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

The wahhh????

*check ebay*

Holy crap, when did that come out?! :eek:

I DEMAND someone get that for me! :xp:

... please? :(

you had to buy a new GC/susbribe to Nintendo Power. ;)

Amen Lynk! OoT holds so many great memories, it is my favorite game of all time (followed by Jedi Knight)

Originally posted by LightNinja

I suck at what? I finished both games, and OoT was 10000 times funnier than majoras mask, i dont care the new inovations of the game because they didnt made the game better, funnier or longer, plus the final monster, majora, was pretty easy once you had finished all the masks quests.

...funnier?

It sucks to be you then if you didn't enjoy Majora's Mask. And besides, it's not forcing you to use the Fierce Deity Mask while fighting Majora :xp: ya nog. Plus Ganondorf / Ganon is just as easy. Sword slash, sword slash, sword slash... etc... Light Arrow, switch to Biggoron Sword, Slice, dice and repeat till Ganondorf bites the dust... then escape, yada yada... Ganon... Light Arrow, roll under, slash tail and repeat till Ganon is dead... it's easy, very easy, just takes a lot longer to defeat Ganon than it does Majora.

I've just bought The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc on ebay, cost me quite a bit but lucky me I have 2 copies of the Ocarina of Time bonus disc so I'm gonna be selling the extra one on ebay to make up for how much I spent on the Collector's Edition XD

I've seen people describe Majora's Mask as the Empire Strikes back to Ocarina of Time's A New Hope.

XD I gotta agree with that, A New Hope like Ocarina of Time was the first of its kind and the breakthrough but Majora's Mask, the Empire Strikes Back in the line is darker, with a more refined story where at the end it's not really that much of a victory seeing as people still died...

Archived