Home

Tactical limitations

lukeiamyourdad

Tactical limitations  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Tactical limitations

1-No limits because every civ should be generic.

2-No limits but civ are unique. The better player should be able to pull off anything(Rebel Victory gained by a head-to-head battle, Empire should be able to sneak around).

3-Limit the tactics. Rebels simply shouldn't be allowed to go head-to-head against an enemy, Empire shouldn't be able to sneak around.

Viceroy-

I'd personally like to See Windu get a big kick in the teeth

I do NOT appreciate talk like that. Remove it, now.

luke - the problem with your poll is that it does not accurately reflect what I was saying. I said that the Rebels should be able to go head-to-head with the Empire, but should fail. I also said that it is impossible for guys in shiny white suits to sneak around, and same for large noisy droids.

Windu the day I obey anything you say will be the day I become a Purist. It is also further proof of your selective reading.

Kursk was not equal the Soviets had a clear numerical superiority.

30,000 troops V 2 AT-AT's let's see the rebels would win that, just get up AT-AT and into the control room of one and the other would fall quite quickly.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

luke - the problem with your poll is that it does not accurately reflect what I was saying. I said that the Rebels should be able to go head-to-head with the Empire, but should fail. I also said that it is impossible for guys in shiny white suits to sneak around, and same for large noisy droids.

I'm sure you like to play with fog of war off but some of us do play it like it is supposed to be played. As long as you're out of the enemy's LOS, you're as good as invisible. Thus, you could sneak a small force of Stormies pass the enemy and attack them from behind.

luke - I would ask you stop making unsubstanciated claims but I know you wont.

In fact, I never play with fog-of-war off in any of the numerous RTS' I own, so get your facts straight. Also, being inside the FoW for the enemy does not make your units stealthy. When you use the term 'stealth', I take it to mean a reduced enemy LOS or cloak, none of which appear in your example, and hence do not qualify as stealth.

I said sneak, not stealth. Sneaking a battalion of troops behind enemy lines does not always imply stealthed units in an RTS. I know realism is very very important for you but in an RTS, you can actually bypass enemy lines by hiding them outside of the enemy's LOS.

This is what I meant by sneaking. Besides, who's stupid enough to send even stealthed units directly into an enemy base without fear of detection units? They go around and to be safe, they try to stay away from enemy LOS.

Archived