Home

Problem installing game

Brian7

I have searched all over and i cant find an answer to this. Everytime i try to install the game, it stops at 10% and i receive an error.

Component transfer error

component: game

file group: game files

file: F:\gamedata\data2.cab

error: data error ( cyclic redundancy check)

the file it stops on is Sound\Scenario\RA6_TRECR_L52.mp3

Im running windows xp pro

P4 1.3 ghz

384 MB of ram

NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS

Please any help is appreciated. I tried installing it on another computer also and same message happened.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Odd error to get.

Firstly make sure that you have enough hard drive space.

Secondly, download the latest graphic card drivers from Nvidia.com.

Once installed, reboot.

Then install Direct X 9c from microsofts website

reboot

Try re-installing the game

if this doesnt work, post again

Check this useful URL

http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.html

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Good stuff!

Make sure you head over to our Galactic Discussion forum. Currently, we are debating about the new RTS -Empire At War due for released Q4 2005.

And, every sunday, you can play against fellow forum goers - check the discussion forum again!

DMUK

• 3 weeks later...

Go to the link posted above by DarthMaul. I guess some cds that were shipped were defected because ive seen quite a few people with the same problem. Download the CdCheck, i just saved it to my harddrive and then followed the instructions. Then ran the installer the CdCheck makes. Installed perfectly with no problems. Hope this helps.

I dont know a whole bunch about computers and such but i put in the cd. I started up cd check and went to check. It found errors and then i selected repair i think. I cant remember to be honest. It made all the game files and such on my hard drive and i booted the installation from there. If you still have trouble ill go step by step with my cd again to help you out.

OK man it worked. THanks a lot i am so happy to play the game. Let me give detail of what happen if some one else in confused. First i used the Cd check on the site given by dauth maul then check my cd i found error and then i clicked on the error then click recover. In the recover window your source file should be you cd drive and output file your hard drive . First i tought it was not working cause it gave me error and took long, but dunt stop just let it do it after its done. go to your hard drive where it it and click on clone campain icon on you hard drive not your cd. Before doing that take out the first cd and put in disc number 2. then clikc install from your hard drive and it installs it all. The only problem is that it will not install the file that was corrupted which was some sound file in my case so i cant get my sound but the game is well worth it so i am happy. THanks very much brian for all the help.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Glad everything worked out.

Remember, we are still playing SWGB. Visit our general discussion forums for times!

DMUK

• 8 months later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

Tell us what the error says exactly. Make sure also, that any Anti virus software is switched off and that you have enough hard drive space to install onto

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

It is possible that the CD files are corrupt on your disc. If possible, take it back to the store where you bought it from and exchange it.

If you can, try and install it on your main hard drive to see if that helps. Also, make sure that all your drivers are up to date (ie - graphics card, direct x 9c ) and also check out this website http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.html

DMUK

To DMUK:

Just curious ... what's ur name on the zone cause I play quite often myself during weekends.

R U a DLS clan member ? I don't find ur name in their ranks or divisions.

If ur DLS ... send greetz to DartNitro

If ur RM-player I'm sure we'll meet sometime

CC still rulez ... best game ever !! Sometimes there are over 150 ppl playing ... pure fun and great gamers

Archived