Home

Top 10 worst movies ever. What are yours?

El Sitherino

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's teenage love. But it can still be captivating. The story was just dull.

Oh. And let's not forget such a classic love line as:

"I truly, deeply, love you."

C-3PO in that movie. Need I say more? I think I will:

"I'm quit beside myself."

"Where are you taking me? Oh this is such a drag."

Fights were boring imo. There was no glamour. Nothing to hold interest. No unique fighting styles. Wow. Anakin used 2 sabers. Twirl Twirl. Lost one. damn. Let's cut to the closeups of Ani and Dooku's heads. With red and blue flashing around them.

Let's not forget the Obi and Dooku fight either.

"Do better"

*slice*

*slice*

Either Obi has just lost his lightsaber for the last 10 years. Or his fighting has gone down the drain.

Duel of the Fates = best SW duel I've seen.

Let me explain what I meant:

Lets go to TPM:

Great movie. Good to watch and great saber fights.

AOTC:

Not as many good saber fights as TPM but the action scenes are great. Basically too much lovey-dovey stuff than I am used to than in the other ones. Basically what Mike Windu said the story is dull.

ROTS:

???

ANH:

Very good movie. No lovey-dovey stuff as in AOTC. Sure it was not that actiony cause it was the basically the prologue of a book.

ESB:

Very good movie. Sure Han and Leia were in love but there wasnt as much romance in it.

ROTJ:

Best one yet. Again Han and Leia were in love but there wasnt as much romance.

Basically AOTC was not the same as the rest. ;)

Originally posted by Mike Windu

I know it's teenage love. But it can still be captivating.

Then it wouldn't be teenage love. The love scenes in AOTC were awkward and painful to watch. Just like real teenage "love scenes." :D

Oh. And let's not forget such a classic love line as:

"I truly, deeply, love you."

That is better than most of the lines I heard on the playground... :)

Fights were boring imo. There was no glamour. Nothing to hold interest. No unique fighting styles. Wow. Anakin used 2 sabers. Twirl Twirl. Lost one. damn. Let's cut to the closeups of Ani and Dooku's heads. With red and blue flashing around them.

Are you saying that the duel between Kenobi and Vader in ANH had better style and glamor? ;)

Either Obi has just lost his lightsaber for the last 10 years. Or his fighting has gone down the drain.

I believe that is due to Dooku's style. He used a form that was specifically for dueling, and it was no longer used by younger Jedi. Newer Jedi like Kenobi trained specifically for blaster-wielding opponants. Thus, he got his ass kicked by a master. And Anakin got his arm chopped off...

Duel of the Fates = best SW duel I've seen.

Definitely.

Oh gosh no Prime! Not the Obi/Vader duel.:eek: That was horrid :(

It's just. I came from seeing DotF. to the Obi/Vader duel. to the Ani/Dooku/Obi duel.

I felt let down. :p

I'm the person that fell asleep during Empire Strikes Back. I fell asleep around the time battle on hoth was winding down and Yoda was training Luke. Wee. :p

Those guys from the "Art of the Saber" fanfilm should have a part in this movie...

best amateur SW duel. :p

That is better than most of the lines I heard on the playground...

I'll give you that.

I like like you not just like you. I really do like like you.

Not the best either. I still think GL could have done a better job. And maybe the lines could be better delivered.

If Spongebob can deliver a line like : I think Hayden can do better. :p

"It's not just a boulder... it... it's a rock... IT'S A ROCK... "

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

You scare me sometimes. You know that right? :indif:

:p

You know what else was a bad movie?

The second Matrix. (As already said.)

The second Matrix was not nearly as bad as the third one. The third one was not the most terrible thing I saw, but it lacked in ALOT of areas, and the ending was a dire let down on many levels!:(

4 words:

Buffy

The

Vampire

Slayer

(save for the scene where she stakes PeeWee and he goes Ooh, ahh for a half hour)

Anyone ever see Dalmer? They show male-rape scenes. Thankfully I caught the dragging the half-dead guy to the bathroom and quickly turned around and went back outside.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

The second Matrix was not nearly as bad as the third one. The third one was not the most terrible thing I saw, but it lacked in ALOT of areas, and the ending was a dire let down on many levels!:(

I never got to see the third one. It was in theatres with no advertisments what so ever and out of the theather in about 15 days. Musta been bad then.

Originally posted by Chase Windu

Who f***in' cares about the Oscars? All of those awards shows are pity awards anyway. Plus who the hell bases their opinion on what an award ceremony or anybody else says?

it's not so much the awards, but that it was nominated for best movie of the 90's. The story sucked so bad, infact if it weren't for the fact that it had leo and took place on the titanic, everyone woulda realized that it's the crappiest love story to ever grace the silverscreen.

Also, why is everybody starting to hate the Matrix movies? The first one was kick @$$, the second was awesome but could never live up to the first, and the third was just aweful. Hate the second two but you just have to admit that the first one was f***ing great!

starting? pffft, I've hated the matrix for a long while. No, it wasn't. It was a craptasticly overused storyline (and butchered at that), CGI-fest. Take away the pretty graphics and you're left with a total and complete dud.

Who f***in' cares about the Oscars? All of those awards shows are pity awards anyway. Plus who the hell bases their opinion on what an award ceremony or anybody else says?

Also, why is everybody starting to hate the Matrix movies? The first one was kick @$$, the second was awesome but could never live up to the first, and the third was just aweful. Hate the second two but you just have to admit that the first one was f***ing great!

I don't HATE them, but I don't think they really thought this through before going into the sequals. I personally enjoyed the heck out of the second one, but the third one failed to deliver good closure. The only reason I bought the DVD for the third, is that I love the mech vs sentinal battle towards the end.

The Oscars IS a farce, because face it....each year somebody HAS to win even if every movie that year sucked monkey. :(

Not a good thing is it?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

It was a craptasticly overused storyline (and butchered at that), CGI-fest. Take away the pretty graphics and you're left with a total and complete dud.

Then you must honestly hate just about every movie ever made. The matrix is based on philosohpical thoughts which are mostly thousands of years old.

As an example lets take SW Episode 4. The story is there is a boy who rescues a princess from the evil guys with the help of some interesting characters. Talk about overused plot! In fact, the only real original thing that I can think of that is used in SW at all is when Vader turns out to be Lukes father. I mean who saw that one coming?

Lets try Godfather. Boy's family gets killed. He runs away to far away land. Grows up and gets revenge. Builds his own empire and passes it on to his son who must protect it like his father. Not original.

What makes these movies interesting and new and original is the dialogue and the way that the director/writer convey these ideas to the people watching them. For SW it was putting a lightsaber in the hands of the boy instead of a sword. The Falcon replaced the steed. Instead of magic you had the force. For the Godfather the characters, writing, and the ability of everyone to tell a great story make this a great movie. For the Matrix it was the ability to put all the philosophy in a way that the general mass could understand in a 2 hours frame. What other movies out there tried to do what Matrix did and did it as well? The graphics, as with SW, were just a tool to illustrate what they wanted to show the audience.

Every new story idea is unoriginal in its own way.

BTP

House of the Dead

Stigmata

Blair Witch 2

Van helsing

Blade 2

Matrix Reloaded

Exorcist the Beginning

Robocop 3

Rollerball (remake)

Die Hard with a vengance

PS/ Starship troopers and the ring (original) rock. Shhh...

Can't believe I forgot :

Catwoman

AVP

*kicks self*

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

The only good thing about Starship Troopers is the shower scene :xp:

And the SFX, and the action scenes, and the satire. It was the closest anyone has come to matching the original robocop IMHO.

Archived