Home

This Game Is Hilarious!!

The Seeker

A while ago, I was asking for you guys to recommend me a good old school style shooter, but ya know, modern. Well, I got Farcry, and it was good, but just not quite what I was looking for. Then, the other day, I stumbled across "Armed and Dangerous" from our very own LEC, and I gotta say, it was exactly what I wanted. Insane weapons, lots of ammo, stupid baddies by the hundreds to mow down with said weapons.

But what really got me was how funny the cutscenes are. I have never laughed that hard at a game, ever, and when I would play, I just wouldn't shut up. From the cutscenes to the enemy AI when they get shot screaming things like "Avenge Me!" or "But I'm not ready to die" or when they get hit with a sticky bomb, they don't stand their ground until it goes off, they flail their arms around and run off screaming.

Anyways, I know that this game kind of came and went, but I can't believe how entertaining it is. Anyone else actually play it?

i played the demo and really enjoyed it....but at the time the game was $50...now that it's dropped to $15 i may consider getting it...but prolly not til my Halo 2 addiction dies. if ever. I liked that the control felt smooth not like your average 3rd person shooter.

yeah, I was really impressed with the controlls and camera angles. most 3rd person shooters stay behind you and let you rotate the camera around yourself like in splinter cell. But this one was like a FPS with the camera locked , but it was off your shoulder to give you a full field of view without botching the angles.

$15? heck, I got it for $10 at best buy. LEC has released a few of their oldish games like Jedi Outcast and this one for dirt cheap. Just buy it, you won't regret it or laugh harder at another game.

Armed and Dangerous is pretty funny but if you want true hilarity, try out the game they, (Planet Moon) made a few years back called Giants: Citizen Kabuto. I laughed, I cried, I made pancakes.

It has the same gameplay as A&D, just more polished off and quite a bit funnier. You should be able to get it easily for 10 or under now. I think I saw it in a two pack even.

Armed and Dangerous is pretty funny but if you want true hilarity, try out the game they, (Planet Moon) made a few years back called Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

Oh, yeah, I remember seeing that game a few years back. Never played it, but after Armed and Dangerous, I'll DL the demo, and likely snatch it up ASAP.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Armed and Dangerous is pretty funny but if you want true hilarity, try out the game they, (Planet Moon) made a few years back called Giants: Citizen Kabuto. I laughed, I cried, I made pancakes.

Amen!

Some missions were hard though but you can't go wrong with funny guys in space suits with a british accent :D No offense anyone.

Originally posted by jebbers

i love armed and dangerous...

-Quick what should i say? I know! You are french.

-WE SURRENDER!!!

Yeah, there were several of those that were priceless.

(guard 1) I'll take the old man, you kill the others.

(guard 2) Ah, yes, two birds with one stone

(guard 1) They're not birds you moron! They're people!

That's a great game. I bought it for $15 at EBgames, and I just can't get over the cutscenes

I know it. I still go back and watch the opening cutscene every now and then. Rexus' glass eyes get me every time, and when the guard says: "Hey, there's something funny about his eyes" and Roman glances down, then does a startled double-take, I just lose it, cackling like an idiot.

*runs off to watch armed and dangerous cutscene*

Ah, I've wanted to pick this up for a while now, myself. But I haven't been able to lacate it in any stores "near" me. If you can call the closest game place 2 hours away near. Anywho, glad to hear it's a good game and all!

By the who, by the definition of the style of game you were looking for, you might want to pick up Freedom Fighters as well! It's one of my favorite games.

That is, of course you already have it. I didn't happen to see your thread about this matter so what do I know.

By the who, by the definition of the style of game you were looking for, you might want to pick up Freedom Fighters as well! It's one of my favorite games.

No, I don't have it. But, gamespot says it's "Superb" and it has a pretty interesting premise, and it's cheap. I think I'll give it a go.

And, yeah, my other thread was a while ago, but I found it here

I doubt you'll be dissapointed with it. And, uh, you could alwas watch this most AMAZING trailer! Oh yeah, it's just spectacular!

Freedom Fighters

Ok, so it's one made by me, and it's also rather ... ungood. But it was my very first one I did, and it's good for seeing the action of the game and laughing at as well! Heh heh, but yeah, it's a good game.

Alright, i rented the game, and i have to admit: It's great. Only problems were that the game was kinda short, and that some missions didn't really fit in with the overall storyline.

But i really loved it, it had great humor, and a nice story. Maybe they should make a part 2...

Originally posted by Doomie

Alright, i rented the game, and i have to admit: It's great. Only problems were that the game was kinda short, and that some missions didn't really fit in with the overall storyline.

But i really loved it, it had great humor, and a nice story. Maybe they should make a part 2...

agreed. I would really like to see a sequal for this one. Though, I don't know how they could improve on the land shark gun.

baddie: "what? what's that? AHHHHHHHH!"

Yeah, if they bring out a good sequal, the Armed and Dangerous franchise will be one of those cult favorites like the Monkey Island games.

*imagines shooting killer bee gun*

bad guy: "NO! NO! AHHHHHHHHH! THEY'RE STINGING ME!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:rofl:

Archived