Home

CPU trouble! Need some help!

Clemme w/Stick

I'm having major problems with my desktop computer.

Its a Pentium IV, Prescott 3 GHz, with 512 MB Ram and a GeForce TI-4400 (128 MB Ram) graphics card.

As explained earlier, I had some trouble running games due to my 3.3 cord that kept getting low voltage, so me and one of my friends tried configureing the voltage in the Bios.

We set the computer to run at 2.48 GHz instead, and set the volts down a bit. The VCord to a 1.3 volts, and adjusted the others a bit as well. Dont remember the configuration though.

Now heres my problem, it keeps rebooting constantly and without warning. Then when it gets into Windows, it might reboot again as soon as it hits windows. Other times it wont even enter windows, and just sits there with the login screen. Maybe turning the voltage back up will fix it, but I'm not sure that this will work. :(

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thx for your help.

-Clemme

Sounds like something is getting over heated and its rebooting to keep you from destroying something. Im sure you can get a longer cord. Try http://www.bestbuy.com or some other PC store. Also I would suggest getting more RAM. Most games today are taking 512MB or higher. You can never go wrong by getting more RAM and more memory. If you need anymore help just ask.

Archived