Home

What's in a Name?

Nairb Notneb

Evidently the name of this new RTS is "Empire at War". Does that mean that this new RTS is only going to be taking place during the OT or will it include aspects from the Prequels? If it is only set during the reign of the Empire then this RTS is going with a completely different approach than Lucasarts previous RTS, Galactic Battlegrounds. This opens up an entire new realm of speculation. I believe that it is safe to assume that many of us believed that there would be a minimum of four factions (or civs) involved in this RTS (Empire, Rebels, Confeds, Republic), however, if this RTS storyline is of an Empire divided, then maybe we could glean from that bit of info that we will only be taking place during the galactic civil war. Interesting. This could be a bit of a through back to their first try at an RTS of Rebellion (called Supremacy in Europe) that was made around '96 I think.

This will end the speculation

Empire At War will be set during the classic Star Wars period, predominantly centring around the events of Epidode IV: A New Hope, though there will be a certain amount of crossover from Episode III.

Uhm, where is the info for this game?

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Was it in some Insider newsmail or something? If so that's prolly why I can't find anything on it, cause at the moment I can't read my mail because I've forgotten my login name. :D

Need to hook up my old computer to find it first. :)

Voodoo Extreme is reporting on a piece coming out in PCZone UK about another Star Wars Real Time-Strategy Game, to be called Empire at War. From the article: This new PC game is set two years before ANH with a certain amount of cross over from Episode 3. Screen shots look superb. It appears to include ground battles set in dessert and greenland areas with attacking AT-AT's and a new Imperial ground based vehicle called "TIE Crawlers" which I've not seen before (cross between a tank and a TIE Fighter).

Article can be found here .

More articles: Gamespot and Gamegossip and Echonetwork.

Originally posted by Raxor

can anyone agree with me that is what we have been waiting for for a long time (i still play swgb)

nice teaser

I can't wait either. I still play GB and I still play Rebellion. Anybody here still playing Rebellion?

From DMUK's comments in the other posts, this RTS is going to include 3-D space battles and ground combat!!! How great is that!?!?!?!?

The Force is with us my friends!!

Guest DarthMaulUK

I still play and LOVE Rebellion. Superb game that was very under estimated.

Yes. The new RTS will include both and the screenshots are just incredible. I cant wait to get more info on it. This is the game the world has been waiting for.

DMUK

Well, to be quite honest, those type of space battles is nothing new. You can do all of that in LA's RTS it put out in I think 1996 called Rebellion. I still play it every now and again because an editor was put out on the web that allowed you to change everything.

You could mass fleets of Mon Cal cruisers, Frigates, Corvetts, etc against Star Destroyers, Death Stars, Tie Fighters. plus there were ground units, though all you did with them were build them up and there was no ground combat at all.

If Petroglygh can incorporate that aspect then they will have a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived