Home

3-D Space Battles!!! yes!!

Nairb Notneb

What else can I say but thank you!!! Then one down side to this RTS is that evidently there will only be two major civ's. But evidently the effort has been put into the 3-D graphics and then hopefully into the game itself.

Let the early speculation begin.

From our friend DMUK, he has stated that there is Space and ground features in this game. What else do we know besides the near November release date? I suppose that by making a great game based on this time frame, they can always go back and create other RTS games with the same engine in other time periods, prequels, etc., and sell more games and make more money. Good idea I guess. Why put all of your eggs in one game.

The big trick will to seamlessly move from space combat to planetary combat and vice versa and still be in the same game.

Question: Will it be possible to have ground and space combats going on at the same time at a planet?

Example: ROTJ and the Battle of Endor????

My guess is, you'll have to secure the space above before you move to the surface.

But that's just a guess, from thinking not to over complicate the gameplay. :)

I'm thinking it might be somewhat in the line of Imperium Galactica.

I liked that game, and wished it would be set in the Star Wars universe. :)

I actually hoped Rebellion was gonna turn out like that one, but I was alittle disappointed it wasn't.

Still, that was a fun game. A small feature I liked about that one was the ability to name my star destroyers. :D

My hugeass starship list came in good use there. :p

It even grew as I dug up more and more names from the Star Wars Universe. ;)

I actually hope they insert this small feature into the game, gonna make me love it that much more. :D

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

A small feature I liked about that one was the ability to name my star destroyers. :D

I agree. I always named my fleets and my ships. I always wanted to name my fighter squadrons too, but couldn't. That will be a plus. Somebody needs to forward Petroglyph this forum so our great ideas will be incorporated.

cool looking space battles whit many grafics and S*T :D

i hope this will be it :confused:

and that the gameplay will be realy good so its easy to play but you keep a lot of options of what you can all do whit your ships and stuf it woud also be nice to be able to have big stardestroyers and then let them launch small tie fighters :D and boord ships and take over rebbel ships and stuf..... im getting a little carrie'd away i think :o

seems like it's gonna be 3D like most of the top down RTSs out there...and not 3D like homeworld...

more of a ST: Armada feel...

it'll be interesting to see how they use starfighters in this game...to see what kind of a role they will play, since starfighters play an extrodinarily pivotal role in the Star Wars universe as opposed to many other sci-fi worlds.

it woud be nice that a stardestroyer coud also use a tractor beem to get ships in there cargo hall and then take over the ship and if the litle ship is smart thay put comando troops in the ship and thay take over the stardestroyer instead :D

that woud also be a nice option to fight big fleets whit a few small ships

a good option for the rebbels ;)

I agree with LIAYD. There can be standard basic assaults commands (like boarding a ship, sabotage, etc) that you simply give a command to do and then you never see any action on. Maybe you have a fighter squadron that you assign the mission to, like a Death Star Trench Run, or a kamikaze strike into a SD shield generator. They would be simple to establish in the game.

I read in Computer Gaming World that the space battles are 3D graphics based on a 2D plane, so basically you control everything in 2D, but the action happens in 3D, for example, you can only click go here in 1 altitude, but when the X-Wing goes there or attacks soemthing, it moves in 3D.

Archived