Home

The fangame: A cry for help

Brushguy

Okay, there hasn't been any news about the fangame here for over half a year, but that doesn't make it dead - far from it actually. Normally, I wouldn't talk about it here (because all our team members are over there), but we need help. We only have one sprite artist working on the animations for Sam & Max, and this is a problem because a) Sam & Max have a lot of animations, too many for one person, and b) this sprite artist is also a college student, so he barely has time to upload sprites. So I'm calling out to all you S&M fans with artistic talent. Our goal for these sprites is to kind of mimic the HTR style of Sam & Max, but less pixelized. Anybody who's really good at drawing Sam & Max standing, walking, talking, etc. go over to http://www.thedaemonofid.com/phpBB2 , enter the art forum and show us what you can do.:)

A lot. All puzzles written (although 1 or two sections have to be cut down and edited little, as they require too many extraneous backgrounds, etc). The dialogue/object descriptions/interactions are being written, most of the music is done, programming has progressed to the point where it is playable (and getting better!), the first section of the game has all of it's backgrounds drawn and most of them are colored. And, although it's the least of our priorities, we are designing a website.

All goes well.

We've come along great on the progress of the game up to this point where the only thing we need to continue are animated sprites, which is why we're asking for help. Everything else is great. It really shows what you guys know about the game.

Besides, if you want your published content, screenshots, and rundown of the script, why not wait until we get our website going?:rolleyes:

Well, as SMNMX said earlier, our story writing is finished, but there are some places that we could still cut out, but we usually decide this as we go along through programming. We have music tracks for almost every location except for a few, so we're prepared in that area. Art is our main focus, as we're doing the lineart and coloring for the room backgrounds. Programming is going along fine, but it really depends on the art team at this time, because it hinges on when the final backgrounds and sprites are created.

So in every area, except for sprite drawing, we're pretty well prepared for the long-term future of making this game. Sprite drawing is where we're stuck since we only have one guy working on the stuff and he's disappeared several times, only returning to our forums occasionally. He probably just doesn't have that much spare time. So in short, we're desperate for some more sprite artists. I'm helping out on some of the other sprites, such as static objects, but we need some other people to work on the Sam and Max sprites.

We don't want to post any of our stuff in public yet (screenshots, MP3s, etc.) because we want it all to be a surprise. :) Just be patient. We're working on a six-room demo, complete with full-fleshed puzzles, due in March, but we'll probably only make it public in mid-May after Lucasarts loses their rights. And this demo can only happen if a) we get a few more sprite artists or if b) the guy we have gets them all done by himself.

Oh yeah, and sorry that I sounded rude in my previous post. It just seemed like everyone was acting really hostile and not in any mood to help us. If any one can assist to fixing our sprite problem, PLEASE help us out.

• 1 year later...
Hey guys I was wanting to start a fan game for the rare Duckman game that no one ever played.

Isn't it cool? I'll do the voices and the script and you all get to work!

Duckman? is that some kind of cheesy 90s style parody of the already stupid "Superman?

Duckman? is that some kind of cheesy 90s style parody of the already stupid "Superman?

Quite obviously it is a Howard the Duck spin-off, only the greatest movie of all time. Ever. I'll do sprites for you, Gerbil, but I have to go to college and flake out and have a life so I might not work very fast.

• 1 month later...

Archived