Home

Units

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vostok, EU is here to give a more variety to the game. If we only had the Imperator Mk I and Super Star Destroyer for the imps what fun would that be? The rebels would have jack $hit, except for their capital ships and air units.

Yes, the TIE Crawler sucks, but it's there probably as an early-game unit that's cheap and packs a punch against early infantry. Also, what the hell's with the Bulwarks? Those are as powerful as Super Star Destroyers and in the screenshots there are about 2-3 of them...

Vostok, EU is here to give a more variety to the game. If we only had the Imperator Mk I and Super Star Destroyer for the imps what fun would that be? The rebels would have jack $hit, except for their capital ships and air units.
*Sigh* I seem to always be misunderstood in this regard.

I am not saying the game should have no EU units. Nor have I ever said this. But those EU units the game does have should not completely contradict the themes and styles of warfare for the army in question. The TIE Crawler does this because we've seen in the movies that the Empire has always only used walkers as ground vehicles, stretching right back to the first battle of the Clone Wars when the Empire was still the Republic.

Please, I ask my critics to understand that although I dislike EU I am fully aware you can't make a game without it.

Like Viceroy said, not new, they are TIE Scouts, and they are that huge cause they are packed with sensor equipments and communication arrays. :)

Wether it's hyperspace capable I don't know, but I would assume it is.

Does anyone think it looks kinda small though?

Isn't it supposed to be nearly 30 meters in lenght?

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni Vostok, then please understand this, that if this would be the case, then the Empire only use star destroyers as capital ships. What fun is that?!?

The movies have always been very general about stuff.

Jan, you seem not to have read my rant properly. I say again that I am not saying there should be no EU in the game. Just that the EU fits in nicely with the movies. So of course the Empire wouldn't just have Star Destroyers, they'd also have smaller cruisers (such as the Acclamator which they do have in EAW) and Star Destroyer variants (like Interdictors... although I have to ask the EU buffs why there were no Interdictors at Endor when the Rebel fleet needed to be contained...)

The interdictor you're thinking of, Vostok (or probably not, but this is the only star destroyer I know of that has interdiction capability, save the Eclipse-Class), is the Dominator-Class Star Destroyer. Looks sorta like an ISD, but has those recognisable domes on the hull that signal it as an interdictor.

Haven't seen that one in the game though, but I did see the Immobiliser-418 (which is not a star destroyer, just has the same general look by the way) cruiser.

Archived