Home

The adventures of Television censorship continues..."Jackie Brown" on USA!

Darth Groovy

Anybody seen Terantino's Jackie Brown having been edited for television? The dubbing over the language was hysterical.

I especially loved the clever terms to overdub the popular term Motherf--cker, especially Ordell Robbie's character played by Samuel L. Jackson:

1. Mamajamma (so help me god, he said mamajamma more than once)

2. Maryland Farmer

3. Mud shoveler

4. countless others, wished I had wrote these down.

I want to see this on television again, just so I can write down all the substites for that naughty MF word.

Anybody else see this? :D

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Shut the farm up you farming Maryland farmer. Go farm yourself and die.

Oh and your sister? I jammed her. :eek:

Awesome. :^:

Rhett, seriously, this is paramount, we need to compile a list and put this up on the web somewhere, it will be the sleeper hit of the new year.

Maybe if it pans out, we'll do a new movie each week! :joy:

On the Scarface DVD there's something called "Scarface: The TV version". Funny stuff.

Original- So where'd you get the beauty scar, tough guy? Eatin' p*ssy?

TV- So where'd you get the beauty scar, tough guy? Eatin' pineapple?

Original- Why don't you try stickin' jou head up your ass...

TV- Why don't you try stickin' jou head up your toilet...

Original- This town like a great big p*ssy jus' waitin' to be f*cked.

TV- This town like a great big chicken jus' waitin' to be plucked

Here's some other ones I found on the 'net:

Original- I need a guy with steel in his balls, Tony.

TV- I need a guy with steel in his guts, Tony.

Original- F*ck Gasper Gomez, and f*ck the f*ckin' Diaz brothers! F*ck'em all! I bury those cock-a-roaches!

TV- Forget Gasper Gomez, and forget the stinkin' Diaz brothers! Forget'em all! I bury those cock-a-roaches!"

Original- You know what capitalism is? Gettin' f*cked!

TV- You know what capitalism is? Gettin' stiffed!

Scarface had over 200 F-words, a record at the time, so I can imagine what the rest of the movie is like on TV. :D

Censoring curse words only work if you blot out the sound, like in music.

"Read between the lines, whats foogied up and everythings alright" X)

"Read between the lines, whats f----- up and everythings alright" much better.

One penny to anyone who can name the song that came from.

I think it's Green Day...

I remember as a kid watching movies on TV and realizing that some of the voices changed on certain lines and not knowing why.

Like when I watched 'Smokey and the Bandit' on TV, half of Jackie Gleason's lines sounded like they were voiced by Fred Flintstone.

It almost would have been better to go back and replace the entire voice track it was so distracting.

We don't have censoring here. At least in Quebec.

Full nudity and bad language.

I remember watching Shakespeare in love(You mamajammas better not look at me in a weird way) on two different networks, one french canadian, one anglo-canadian. One had the Paltrow-Fiennes sex scene, the other censored it. I'll let you guess which one censored it.

I was pissed at some of the movies that were censored for North America. Remember the big scene in Kill Bill vol1 where Black Mamba decapitates who knows how many Crazy 88? It was in black and white in North America and everyone else got it in full color. That sucked.

I've seen both the regular and "uncut" version of Kill Bill, and I have to say I prefer the regular version. Yes, this is coming from a guy who lives in Britain and has to import foriegn DVDs or face the brutality of pre-2001 British censorship.

I thought the "Crazy 88" scene in b/w fitted in with the rest of the movie more, although the uncut version is worth watching if only to see just how damn gory it is.

Originally posted by General Agamemnon

Mamajamma!!!!!

Groovy, you have no idea what you have done.

Yes, yes I do, and it was good!

Guys this thread is suppose to be a funneh, not a protest thread against censorship.

I just felt that censoring Jackie Brown was one of the funniest things I had seen in a while, that is all.

Originally posted by IG-64

Censoring curse words only work if you blot out the sound, like in music.

"Read between the lines, whats foogied up and everythings alright" X)

"Read between the lines, whats f----- up and everythings alright" much better.

One penny to anyone who can name the song that came from.

heh, I'm listening to that one right now:

Green Day - Boulevard of broken Dreams

seems to be my theme song as of late...

oh well.

But hey, you guys forgot the numerous ones from the TV versions of the Die Hard movies.

I especially love the:

"Shut up you racist melon farmer!"

good sh... amrock ;)

the end line of die hard always sounded odd to me growing up, it wasn't until i got the dvd that i finally understood why... it having been censored and all..

The only people who got the FULL COLOUR, uncut version of Kill Bill part 1 were the japanese. not only was the fight scene in full colour, but it had a number of extra shots in it that were edited out of the worldwide release.

Also, in the japanese release, when she has sophie fatale in the car boot, she cuts her other arm off as well to make her talk.

I think there were some bits edited out of the anime chapter as well.

Unfortunately the japanese dvd doesn't have burnt in english subtitles... so you either have to have them on all the time, or sit there with your finger on the subtitle button for when they talk japanese.

Oddly, some of the uncut. colour scenes are included in the end credits of Kill Bill 2. :confused:

Blooper reel? Ohh, I know. At the end of the credits theres an outtake from the bit when some guy's eye gets pulled out in Vol 1. My mistake.

BTW Jackie Brown is on Channel 4 tonight (in the UK) and From Dusk till Dawn is on tomorrow. Films on British standard TV (not cable or whatever) don't usually get censored, unless it's on ITV but that a crappy channel anyway.

In the UK you're allowed to show U and PG-rated movies any time of day, but you're only allowed to show 12-rated movies after 8pm, 15-rated movies after 9pm and 18-rated after 10pm, and you must provide a warning. Like for example, last time Dawn of the Dead (the 1978 version) was on, it started at 11:30 and had a warning about "graphic voilence and some strong language", and it was completely uncut.

Usually movies are allowed uncut even if they were cut by the BBFC (the British version of the MPAA) unless it's something really hardcore like Cannibal Holocaust and Caligula.

Archived