Home

Thoughts and theories about random item drops and how to obtain the better items

pro_goalie30

Here are my theories and thoughts on item drops and quality of items in the game:

Here are my thoughts:

1. As we all know most if not all the item drops are random, one play through I found no Silver Crystals, the next time I played I found 4. When I blew up open the Mandalorian Cache on Dxun, each time there was something different inside the containers. So I'm not sure anyone can tell you I found item "X" here, because it will vary for each person

2. I also believe the item drops are level based, meaning the higher level your character the better items he/she will receive. You always get the best items near the end of the game, when quite frankly you don't need them. When I got to Malachor V I was killing just about everything with two Force Storms, didn't matter which robe or weapon I had equipped, I was essentially unstoppable (not including bosses).

My first play through I think my final level was 27 or 28 and I found some OK items, but none of the better or premium items listed in the Strategy Guide. my next play through I used the Korriban Hssiss Spawn glitch and got my character up to about level 40 or 41, thats when I started getting Sith Tremor Swords, Zeison Sha Warrior Armor, Jal Shey Mentor Armor, Dark/Master Jedi Robes among other items. On top of that I found most of the above items multiple times on random remains or containers/lockers.

If I had the patience and the time I'm sure if I wanted to max out my character to level 50 I would find even better items consistently.

This also explains why you never find the good items on Telos or Peragus early in the game, because your character level is not high enough to trigger the higher level items.

If its possible and if someone wants to do it, the best way to test this theory is to go to Korriban or Nar Shaddaa immediately after leaving Telos and use one of the infinite exp glitches and max out at 50, after that go visit the remaining planets, I'm pretty sure you will end up with better random items because its based on your character level.

Any thoughts?

Not necessarily. I got Tremor Swords, Zeison Sha Warrior Armor, Jal Shey Mentor Armor and I was far from being lvl 40. It depends on the container types, level, class, party members, planet, what you already have in inventory. There are about 30 scripts for item placement. Some containers will only give you medpacks and life support packs instead of other items in the higher levels. I'll try to post more details later on.

Im not sure but i heard somewhere that Jolee's robes were removed at short notice like malak's lightsaber and armor

One other random respawn point is Jarrak in dantooine.

After you save him (dont kill him) then meet him at the camp and he has some jedi relics for you to buy at 1k creds

a random lightsaber, random crystal (usually a rare color) and a random lightsaber part

if u save before you buy you can keep reloading over and over again till you get what you want.

He even hands out viridian,cyan,and silver crystals sometimes

Also Darth333, mind telling what spawns Zeishen Sha's Warrior armor? and whats the best lvl to get it at? I really want that dam armor:D

Originally posted by Nrak Ujhade

Im not sure but i heard somewhere that Jolee's robes were removed at short notice like malak's lightsaber and armor

One other random respawn point is Jarrak in dantooine.

After you save him (dont kill him) then meet him at the camp and he has some jedi relics for you to buy at 1k creds

a random lightsaber, random crystal (usually a rare color) and a random lightsaber part

if u save before you buy you can keep reloading over and over again till you get what you want.

He even hands out viridian,cyan,and silver crystals sometimes

Also Darth333, mind telling what spawns Zeishen Sha's Warrior armor? and whats the best lvl to get it at? I really want that dam armor:D

i got warrior armor once fighting a sith marauder on malichor

The first time I played through, I got crap... nothing good for my characters, I got like 5 double bladed lightsabers, and I had already made my characters to be proficient at other things. :rolleyes: Could someone explain more clearly the drop scripts, so I can have better luck this time through?

Originally posted by Whitebloodcell

Why is that so odd/Good? Malichor is obviously very late on in the game, I got my Warrior Armor on the 3rd Planet (Onderon I think)

it looked cool :D and i didn't have it i made do with the initiate armor.

This script really needs some work. Last time I had to do all Peragus, Telos and Nar Shadaa in the damn mining uniform! :mad: I was playing as a consular and I got no robes at all. I looked in every container, looted every dead body and visited all the merchants...and there were no robes or Zeison Sha's armors on these 3 planets. All the other stuff does not allow me to use Force powers, which is pointless with a consular. At another time, I had like 8 Jedi robes after Peragus...:rolleyes:

Agreed. Although I can look at the scripts and tell what's "supposed" to be happening, I don't really see it in the game with any real consistency.

What I can say, is that high levels rob the game blind. If people take the time to use the XP exploits, they'll end up with the best of everything and very quickly.

Originally posted by Darth333

This script really needs some work. Last time I had to do all Peragus, Telos and Nar Shadaa in the damn mining uniform! :mad: I was playing as a consular and I got no robes at all. I looked in every container, looted every dead body and visited all the merchants...and there were no robes or Zeison Sha's armors on these 3 planets. All the other stuff does not allow me to use Force powers, which is pointless with a consular. At another time, I had like 8 Jedi robes after Peragus...:rolleyes:

I feel your pain... I had to reload the game around a dozen times on my last playthrough (Guardian destined to be a Sith Marauder), just to get the darned Duros merchant on Citadel Station, to have some lousy Dark Padawan Robes in stock... :mad:

*Begin Mod Notes* First thing: Allow Robes to be made at Workbenches... All those advanced items we can make with the bench, but we can't at least sew a darned robe??? :confused: It isn't like the Robes are very powerful items or anything.

:D

Originally posted by StormSinger

Agreed. Although I can look at the scripts and tell what's "supposed" to be happening, I don't really see it in the game with any real consistency.

I really fail to see it in the game too :confused: I leveled up until lvl 50 and I really didn't see a difference with the items i got when I finished the game at lvl 30 or so. I wish the script would categorize the items you can get by planets and races (It's a little weird to find turrets with pocket money)...You get tons of good items in the Ravager but it's too late in the game to really use them...I tried to do some work in it but I think I ended up messing the whole thing even more :D

Originally posted by StormSinger

What I can say, is that high levels rob the game blind. If people take the time to use the XP exploits, they'll end up with the best of everything and very quickly.

Well, duh, that's true in any game. If people want to cheat or use bugs to build uber characters, then sure that's true. But that's hardly the game's fault.

My personal favorite random item wierdness is the failure to recognize duplications of individual items. Case in point: on my first playthrough I ended up with not 1, not 2, but FOUR copies of the Jamoh Hogra Armor. Even wierder, I got them all on the Ravager, within about 5 minutes of each other.

That, and I'm sure this game recognizes that I've set up all of my Jedi with Dueling, and therefore gives me only shortsabers and double blades.

Does anyone know if that also includes:

Natth Cowling robes

Arca Jeth's Robe

Aleema Keto's Robe

Sylvar's Robe

Thon's Robe

Crado's Robe

Nomi's Robe

Thanks!!

-JediKenobi:)

those were all cut from the game I think like jolee's robes and Malak's armor.

another interesting thing that I noticed and this is very freakin helpful is that the harbringer has an extremely high chance of giving you any kinda robe (well nothing higher then jedi or dark jedi) or the force using armors.

For example, 4 out of 5 runs through it (reloading the autosave from the start of the harbringer) in 1 game I ended up with a padawan robe,matuaki apprentice robe, and dark jedi robe. another I had zeishen sha's initate and jedi robes. Can also give ya some good armor early on too like the mandalorain battle suit or whatever its called (looks like a jacket, light armor type) and in one of those games I picked up a heavy echani armor.

So if any of you want some good robes early on its a good idea to run through the harbringer once or twice.

just my 2 cents:rolleyes:

EDIT:it might just be coinsidence but if you gain or lose influence with atton in the first influence/gain part right after u enter the harbringer it seems to increase the chance of finding robes. maybe it doesnt work at all I dunno but 3/5 times I did that I rather lost or gained influence with atton instead of keria

Archived