Home

Mines: The Vehicles Worst Enemy

BlitzWolf

Mines, what do you think of when you pull them out and drop them. Usually you think of mine fields, places where thousands of these tiny explosives are planted in the ground, awaiting their unfortunate victims. Mines in battlefront can be used in various cases, mainly though I have seen them used in a infantry versus infantry combat. In the fast pace action of multiplayer usually you step on a mine because you just weren't looking. But a major problem with these mines is the simple fact that you can hardly find a good place to hind them so that they are effective. Even when you do, the enemy will more than likely be aware of their presence due to the fact that their crosshairs will turn red, causing them to become alert and not as easy to pull into your mine trap. As I have played around with these mines though I now realize that they can be used against a much larger fersome enemy, the vehicles in battlefront.

A VEHICLES WORST NIGHTMARE

No doubt the heavy weapons most useful weapon against his foe is the rocket launcher. This baby can fling a homing missle and hit him where it hurts. Thus he is on the look out to kill any heavy weapons infantry before he can damage him. The most unsuspecting weapon that can be used against him is hiding on the ground with no warning. The proximity mine can be a very leathal tool against the vehicle. I can guarantie that he will not see it until he has been damaged by it. I have found that mines can be used so effectivly that they can take out AT-TEs in single run.

The damage caused by mines can be very high. If you place a mine in a high traffic area, you can obliterate a vehicle that could have now been camping your spawn point. Although mines can be very effective, you should also watch the vehicle to be sure that it is completely destroyed. Once your mines have taken their toll on the enemies vehicle just step out and finish it off with a rocket or two.

AT-AT's NIGHTMARE :atat:

An effective tactic to use against an AT-AT is, no wrong answer, it's not the snow speeder. An AT-AT can be effectively dismantled by two vanguards. When tackling one of these monsters, you may also want to bring along a few friends to keep enemy infantry off your tail as you do your dirty work. First shott all your misses where......... that's right THE NECK. This is the softest spot on the vehicle and the part that takes the most damage. Should you lock on to it........ NO. When you lock on you missles will go for the legs or the actually hull of the AT-AT. Fire off your two missles quickly at the neck before they get a chance to lock on. Alone I have gotten an AT-AT health done to 1/4 left before it keels over. Next if it is not dead (hopefully it should be since your friend is help you......... you did bring him along didn't you) you should whip out your mines. Run a safe distance infront of the AT-AT and drop mines along it's path. These will further provide imense damage to the vehicle. Be sure not to get to close to the mine because you will get killed in the explosion if too close.

By this time you will have a dead AT-AT falling down in front of you.

Remeber these tactics and you will increase your kill rate and the enemies death rate. Get fraggin and remeber that mines are not only used against infantry but are very effective in taking out enemy vehicles.

BlitzWolf

Actually you're wrong about an AT-AT weak spot on the neck.

The weakest spot is the legs (thighs to be specific), where the missiles lock onto.

See here in the settings for the AT-AT:

[i]BFBuilder/Assets/Sides/IMP/ODF/imp_walk_atat.odf[/i]
//***********************************************
//***********  DAMAGE VALUES  ****************
//***********************************************

DamageStartPercent		= 60.0
DamageStopPercent		= 20.0
DamageEffect			= "vehiclespark"
DamageAttachPoint		= "bone_fl_thigh"

DamageAttachPoint		= "bone_fr_thigh"

DamageAttachPoint		= "bone_bl_thigh"

DamageAttachPoint		= "bone_br_thigh"

DamageStartPercent		= 45.0
DamageAttachPoint		= "bone_fl_calf"

DamageAttachPoint		= "bone_fr_calf"

DamageAttachPoint		= "bone_bl_calf"

DamageAttachPoint		= "bone_br_calf"

As you can see the thighs are where the most percentage of damage is done. The rest of the AT-AT (except the calfs) take the standard amount of damage.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived