Home

What a load of CRAP !

iggybottom

Big thumbs down for this game. Finally got it working after uninstalling SP2 and must say that it reminds me of the beta multiplayer release of RTCW. The NET CODE sucks. Lag, jerky graphics, unrealistic pace, basically my first few games were just a messy, ziggedy zaggedy flashy blur.

The game has no atmosphere, no soul, no nothing. It Stinks.

I am going to forget about his game and go play H&D2 online which is far superior on so many levels to this game. Dont get me wrong, I so wanted this game to be great. But it isnt, it is crap.

Shame on Activision, Shame on Lucasarts. They are taking the pee out of us fans.

Disappointed ? Yes.

Suprised? No.

Incoming announcement:

Please do not feed the trolls - they may become accustomed to being fed, and will soon be unable to survive in their natural habitat, requiring constant attention on our community's part to sustain them. If we just ignore the trolls, they will soon retreat to the netherregions of the internet from whence they came.

But still - look at them - they almost look human :cool:

Originally posted by Vagabond

Incoming announcement:

Please do not feed the trolls - they may become accustomed to being fed, and will soon be unable to survive in their natural habitat, requiring constant attention on our community's part to sustain them. If we just ignore the trolls, they will soon retreat to the netherregions of the internet from whence they came.

But still - look at them - they almost look human :cool:

LOL! So true it hurts. :D

Mmm, you're obviously an erudite type. I assume that you are soo committed to SWBF that the very thought of criticism of "your precious" (a la Gollom) sends you into what can only be described as a cryptic fit.

Never mind, keep taking the pills.

Oh, and by the way, literature tells us that trolls do not need to be fed, rather they go out and eat - normally skinny little twonks like yourself.

mooooohhhhhaaaaaaa

Note that I am not addressing any trolls, but merely speaking out loud to any that wish to listen.

I do enjoy the game Star Wars Battlefront, I cannot deny that. Do I think this game is perfect? No - far from it. For example, I can't stand that the only way to quit a multiplayer game is to allow the entire next map to load, and then when I do start to quit, I have to wait for another screen to load. And then once that screen loads, then I have to confirm that I actually want to quit from Gamespy, and only then am I given the prompt to exit to Windows. I just about scream every time I have to quit the game, it's so frustrating.

Regarding the actual gameplay, I wish that at the end of a map, there were a way to type messages to the other players, such as "good job - or you got pwned". I wish there was a countdown timer before the start of the next map so that people don't just rush by the end-of-map stats page, and jump into the next map before everyone is ready - some people actually like to read the stats, but doing so puts you at a disadvantage to those that want to proceed in the next map without you. I wish that maps had two boundary areas - one for ground vehicles, and a larger boundary area for aerial vehicles, which would allow more realistic aerial combat, rather than having to turn around after two seconds of flying in a straight line.

And there are many other things that I don't like either. However, there are far more things that I do like. I like the Star Wars feels of most of the maps, especially:

Hoth

Mos Eisley

Jabba's Palace

Both Bespin maps

I like that each class has its own special abilities. I like the way most of the weapons work. I like that we can use vehicles in the maps. I really like the Jet Trooper's jetpack. I like the overall use of strategy used in combination with your chosen class, map, opponents and their vehicles. Overall, I just think it's really fun.

Regarding Star Wars ground-combat games, this one rates right after Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith as far as repeatable , online fun. And the more you play, the more you discover, the better you get, and the more you want to keep playing.

That's how I feel. If someone wants to play real quick, and immediately fall in love with the game, that's probably not going to happen. Just as in real life, love at first site is more of a myth than reality. I would say that Star Wars Battlefront is more like a fine wine - the more it ages, the better it tastes.

...and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

the only way to quit a multiplayer game is to allow the entire next map to load, and then when I do start to quit, I have to wait for another screen to load. And then once that screen loads, then I have to confirm that I actually want to quit from Gamespy, and only then am I given the prompt to exit to Windows. I just about scream every time I have to quit the game, it's so frustrating.

What's wrong with Alt-F4? If it's a M$ Window$ standard, then it should be supported. Or does nobody bother teaching people how to use that antiquated 'keyboard' these days?

!Vittles!

If you had a problem with SP2, it's not SWBF, it's you. SWBF runs pefectly for me with SP2 installed.

As for multiplayer, at first, it was too laggy/jerky. It improved a bit, and once we played on a dedicated server, it was much better. If they would only release the freaking Linux Dedicated Server.

I think the game is great for what it is, and what it could be.

Also, no more posting about trolls. Post something relevant to the topic, or not.

Thank you, please come again.

Everyone's entitled to their own wrong opinion. All of the complaints iggybottom have listed are really subjective, not objective.

I find the network play, pacing, graphics, motion blur to be good and in some cases excellent.

Although it is true the multiplayer framerate cap really does cripple the multiplayer experience.

SWBF works great for me with SP2.

Everyone knows that they are problems and its not perfect. I wouldnt buy Mercernaries besides I have a PC. Letters like that are for the developers to read anyhow. I dont think they really want to hear WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP WASTE OF FIFTY BUCK I COULDVE BLOWN MY NOSE WITH THE MONEY AND GOTTEN MORE OUT OF IT.

I must say I enjoy this game and am glad I got my copy. :) I have the PC version and it runs just fine. All I ever do is play offline with the fantastic bots because I can't play online with my satellite internet.

I'm looking forward to more custom maps like Rend's 'Jundland Wastes" and mods and the like, thanks to the release of the mod tools.

SWBF has a ton of potential. :)

Originally posted by iggybottom

I am going to forget about his game and go play H&D2 online which is far superior on so many levels to this game. Dont get me wrong, I so wanted this game to be great. But it isnt, it is crap.

....Ummm...H&D2 is way WAY WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse than this game can ever be.

You sir, just shot your own eye out with that end remark.

The original H&D is far superior to its piss-poor excuse of a sequel.

You have no taste, You failed as a human being. Kill yourself now.

Originally posted by sup3rsnail

....Ummm...H&D2 is way WAY WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse than this game can ever be.

You sir, just shot your own eye out with that end remark.

The original H&D is far superior to its piss-poor excuse of a sequel.

You have no taste, You failed as a human being. Kill yourself now.

Bein a little to harsh there. I still disagree with him but youre still being a little harsh.

Debating the pros and cons of this game is all well and good and we encourage that sort of thing here. Insults directed at people and mindless ranting about bashing the game isn't welcome however, so let's direct the discussion in a useful direction or we'll just end up closing it.

Just FYI people. ; )

Archived