Home

Lord of the rings vs the Matrix

Fishflesh

Wich do you like most?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Wich do you like most?

• Lord of the rings
    • The matrix

oooo, wait, aren't all those questions going to be cleared up in a game????? [/sarcasm]

sorry, but if i have to have all my answers about the matrix trilogy answered in a mmorpg (the matrix online), then what good is that going to do for people that don't play games??? not mention what it's supposed to do to gamers that despise the mmorpg genre???

i swear those guys were smokin some really strong stuff when they came up with that idea..... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nairb Notneb

LOTR is better only in movie form and in its complete epic and classic sense.

I personally loved the ending of Matrix and thought that it was perfect for the series. The theme of Matrix is "What is reality?" and in the end you are still asking that very same question.

Is there a TV series about Matrix?

Leaving all of those questions unanswered is what made the ending so great. I love those kind of endings. It makes a movie last in that it is debatable. It has meat to it, depth. At the beginning of the Matrix we have two factions, the Machines and the Humans locked in a war. At the end we have three factions, the humans, the machines and the Oracle who now controls the matrix. They each depend on the other in some way to survive, the machines especially. Could the humans really survive at this point without the machines driving them? We know the machines can't survive without the humans as a power source, and the Matrix can't survive without either.

The truce is uneasy because the machines must have the Matrix and the humans to survive. The humans can't successfully repel the machines, nor could they turn off the matrix. Their only defense is the fact that the machines and the Oracle need some humans.

This is why I enjoyed this movie because I thought the ending was perfect. The last two movies were lacking, especially in the fight scenes between Neo and Smith, they simply dragged on and on and on and on and on and on and on etc. until I couldn't stand it any more. The last movie barely had the main characters in it at all and there were many scene that had no business being in the movie. It could have been condensed down to about 30 minutes to get the gist of the plot and it would have been a better "movie". I do believe that it is one of the best stories out there however.

LOTR is one of the top epic movies and stories ever created and anyone that argues against that should be flamed. IMO.

I agree, I think that's stupid, to say it in the least.

I think that the fantasy world of "The Matrix" that was created is fantastic and there is a lot there to be explored because there is a lot that can be done with it. I have always seen it as a sort of combination of "Terminator" and "Tron" with a fairy tale "Choosen One" hero thrown in.

I liked the Matrix, (at least the first and second ones). The their one was less than average (sucked) but it did end it in a way. We still don't know if Neo died, what happened to humanity, and all those other questions that should have been answered though, but I thought the series overall was great.

I've only seen the first two "Lord of the Rings" films though (which I liked the second one better.)

Matrix >>Lord of the Rings :jawa

Neo's dead at the end of Revolutions. He sacrificed himself to save Zion from the Sentinels. Every "One" does at some point and his time was up.

I like both all three LOTR movues and The Matrix Trilogy, but I like the Matrix better. :D

Also I hate Matrix Online just for the fact that I gotta pay $15 a month just to play it.

LotR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Matrix

No contest.

LotR wasn't trying to be as "cool" as possible. But IMHO, it came anyways.

Shades and trench coats will only get you so far.

Don't get me wrong though, I actually did llike The Matrix. But not nearly as much as LotR.

LotR of course, but then, we are talking about Tolkein. Fellowship was the best movie I'd ever seen at the time, bar none, and I was very disappointed that it only got 4 academy awards (course, this was the year Halle Berry (Monster's Ball) beat out Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge) so I'm pretty sure they were on something). The extended versions topped the originals, and the follow up movies were as good, if not better than the first.

As for the Matrix, the first one was excellent. Unfortunately it went down from there. At the end of the first, Neo had apparently become a virtual god, yet for some reason he felt the need to fight everyone hand-to-hand... please.

The second one was ok, but overdone. The battle with Smith was far too long and the overuse of stop motion was crap. Frankly the slowing down aspects are good to show things that move too fast for the human eye to see (the gunfight with Trinity falling worked well), but to slow it down just to vogue out is stupid. Then there's the whole rave scene with Morpheus changing from the soft-spoken, well dressed leader of a special group of techies into some tribal shaman just wrecked him for me. Mind you, if you edited out about a half hour or so of the movie, it could be much better.

I prefered the third to the second, since some of the aspects that made me dislike the second were toned down in the third. We had more focus on the literal battle between Zion and the machines along with Neo and Trinity going off to face the machines directly. Apparently unlike many others, I didn't have a problem with the ending, since time marches on and there are other people's stories to tell...

Kryllith

Archived