Home

TATOOINE: JUNDLAND WASTES final Version2.5 released

Rends

tatjund25.jpg

Get it here: http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/hosted/swbf/maps/RendsJundlandmapVersion_2_5.zip

or at Gametoast.com

http://gametoast.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=7&min=5&orderby=titleA&show=5

The Jundland Wastes map can be played either at the Galactic Civil War era or at the Clonwar era.

Historical Background:

Galactic Civil War: Rebel Droids escaped from the Imperials. Follow Lord Vaders order to search the planet and find the Droids.

Question Jawas like Stormtroopers do (regulary) but be aware of the Sandpeople. As Rebell find out what happened in this Planet system short time ago. We are missing friends with importand informations.

CloneWars: Try to keep the Old Republic in order. Unknown forces working in background against the Old Republic.

Changes since Beta1.0:

Texturebug on some Graficboards fixed

Boundaries near cliffs removed.

1 more Vehicle for each fraction and era.

Anchorhead shows up now in the background of the Tosche Station.

Regular Droidsoldier added.

Improved AI behavior

Rends

good map! Very big (textures a bit stretched out on flat surfaces) but thats the point of it. LEC should have released at least one map as big as this one.

Nice spots like that big hole with the appartments etc. Would def like to play it on a big server

Originally posted by madmax

Quick question???

Am I to replace all my current file with the ones in the zip? Some of the file in the Jun1.zip want to overwrite current sbf files.

Aeh what?

If you have the earlier version off the map installed delete the old jun1 folder you find in the GameData/addon directory and simple replace it with the jun1 folder you find next to the read me of the final version.

Rends

First make sure you put your jun1 into your

Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn directory.

If it´s still not working doubleclick on the jun1 folder and check what files you find in it.

It should be the addme file and a data folder.

If it´s not the case but you see another jun1 folder you need to put this one into your addon folder.

Once i get to mapping i want to put at least 200 initial men into the map so each side will have 100 men at the start of each game. Reinforcement counts will also be around 500-600 depending on the size of the map, vehicles as well as considering performance, but from what i understand, you can put quite a bit onscreen at once and have little to no loss of performance. basically i want my maps to be close to the movies in terms of numbers and scale. Really the only thing holding me back is that i have 2 hard drives that run on a FAT32 file system and if i switch one to NTFS then it means i won't be able to access and/or transfer files between the two drives. I'm thinking about buying an external hard drive for this, though so we'll see. But I'm hoping that maybe a new version of BFBuilder will come out that will be compatible with FAT32.

I don't want to take anything away from this map, though as it is a nice big map. I just think there should be more than 32 combatants for a star wars battle. 4out of 5 for this one.

~W~o~w~

That map is great! It's just like I thought the original Tatooine map was going to be like (before BF came out). May I make a few suggestions?

I, for one, am in favor of adding more Speederbikes and such. (Speaking of Speederbikes, I sniped a StromTrooper while he was jumping up a ramp.) It would really keep the map from getting boring half way in. I think it just takes to long to get from one place to another.

In some parts, the textures didn't seem to be right. There were small areas of just plain brown in certain spots (usually around areas where a hill connects to flat ground).

X-Wings and TIE Fighters... Need I really say more?

You know the Stardestroyers that circle the area? The like to, uh, crash into each other and mesh together for a few seconds and then go on their merry ways. Once I figure out how to upload screenshots, I'll show you what I mean. The two SDs just kinda, run into each other and then it looks weird because they are all meshed and everything...

Well, I know you said the AI was in an early stage... The rebels like to put a 4x10 (or so) mine field behind their CPs.

And well besides that (and the weird Tusken Raider/Jawa killed... message) it's really really really very very very Godlike.

[EDIT] I just played a Clone War match and it took about 15 minutes. CIS won, by a BIG margin. All I did was Droideka my way to all the enemy CPs, capture them, and win. You might want to take out Dekas and Jetters just like you did with Wook troopers and Darkiees.

Archived