Jump to content

Home

Post ROTJ Jedi Council


Recommended Posts

Questions from an idle mind. :)

 

Having not finished the NJO, I was wondering what form, if any, the Jedi Council takes at the end of the series. Is it a permanent thing? Do memebers go off to do other things besides sit around and discuss things? Are they all perminant members? How often do they meet? What is the council's main purpose? And what is the state of the Jedi Order at the end of the NJO?

 

Just wondering. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy Prime. Nice to see you in EU land :)

 

The basic answer is, there is NO jedi council by the time we get to NJO. There isnt even some tribunal or mock council. All you have is Lukes Jedi Academy, and the senior jedi, some of which are now Masters and have taken appentices, like in the old jedi-padawan days. For example, Mara Jade and Corran Horn are now considered Jedi Masters, with Jade taking Jaina Solo, and Corran taking on Tahiri Veila... Even Kyp Durron is a master now :)

 

 

Luke has titled his first class from the Academy "The Praxeum", the entire consituents of this being very debatable ! However, the praxeum dont sit at tables and make decisions. They are mainly scattered about, especially during NJO times, and in rare instances when they are together, it is much much less formal than what we saw of the Jedi Council in the films.

 

The only representation the jedi got in any formal ruling bodies, was that Luke was allowed to sit in on meetings of the GFFA. This met with alot of skeptiscism and Luke woudl often end up getting earbashed for the jedi being the cause of the galaxy's woes(due to clever propaganda and subversion on the part of teh Yuuzhan Vong)...

 

So, in the post NJO books, I have a feeling that something may happen in terms of the jedi consolidating some type of represantive group...we'll just have to wait and see :)

 

mtfbwya

Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhhh, yes there was a Jedi Council. It was created during the NJO period, but I dont remember which book. It consisted of 6 Jedi and 6 non-Jedi. They didn't just sit around and discuss things. I'm not sure if the members are permanent, but I suspect that at least the Jedi are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Howdy Prime. Nice to see you in EU land :)

Thanks man. :) I'm trying to drop in from time to time...

 

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

The basic answer is, there is NO jedi council by the time we get to NJO. There isnt even some tribunal or mock council. All you have is Lukes Jedi Academy, and the senior jedi, some of which are now Masters and have taken appentices, like in the old jedi-padawan days. For example, Mara Jade and Corran Horn are now considered Jedi Masters, with Jade taking Jaina Solo, and Corran taking on Tahiri Veila... Even Kyp Durron is a master now :)

 

Luke has titled his first class from the Academy "The Praxeum", the entire consituents of this being very debatable ! However, the praxeum dont sit at tables and make decisions. They are mainly scattered about, especially during NJO times, and in rare instances when they are together, it is much much less formal than what we saw of the Jedi Council in the films.

 

The only representation the jedi got in any formal ruling bodies, was that Luke was allowed to sit in on meetings of the GFFA. This met with alot of skeptiscism and Luke woudl often end up getting earbashed for the jedi being the cause of the galaxy's woes(due to clever propaganda and subversion on the part of teh Yuuzhan Vong)...

Yeah, most of that stuff I knew. But like Shok_Tinoktin said, wasn't there a half-jedi/half non-jedi council formed by the end of that series? Was that merely to inform the Republic of their current actions? Or was it to guide the Jedi?

 

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

So, in the post NJO books, I have a feeling that something may happen in terms of the jedi consolidating some type of represantive group...we'll just have to wait and see :)

I guess since there is so few at that point there isn't much point of having a big governing body...
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Prime

Was that merely to inform the Republic of their current actions? Or was it to guide the Jedi?

 

I think it was a combination of the two, but I may be mistaken. Regardless of its intentions, I dont think it succeeded in bringing the Jedi under any kind of control. Most still did what they wanted when they wanted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

I think it was a combination of the two, but I may be mistaken. Regardless of its intentions, I dont think it succeeded in bringing the Jedi under any kind of control. Most still did what they wanted when they wanted.

 

You mean Kyp and his band of a dozen 'merry men' :p Yeah, see how they ended up :(

 

mtfbwya

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...